• 24(current)
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music
(sollie @ april 25 2006,09:35 Wrote:i always set it to 0.

sollie.
"0" is the setting i use for about 1 year now Wink

pls set it as default :o
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
if 0 worked before, it was by pure luck.

edit: with 'worked' i mean gave an acceptable sync.

0 is perfect for me.

with perfect i mean it works. lol :nuts:

sollie
once set the delay is not changed. i know that due to various bugs and such over the last year i have had to change my default, but it has been fine for a while now.

at some point you just let things "work", else the wife/gf/husband gets very angry when you take away their karaoke.
i am new to the karaoke thing, but i would like to play with it.
so can anyone give me a good 'source' where i can get some .cdg files?
this is not a piracy forum. watch it
my xbmc hangs as soon as i try to start xaraoke-visualisation.
i have the latest cvs but xaraoke is not included so i copied it from another xbmc-release...
where can i dl a working copy of xaraoke? i wanna try and replace the one i've got.

thanks!
you don't need a special xaraoke visualisation, nor have you needed one for 18 months or so.

xbmc has built in karaoke support - just run a file with a .cdg and away it goes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok. the lyrics doesn't show. i've tried to change transparancy from 0 to 255 on both back- and foreground but it doesn't seem to work...
you have, of course, turned the karaoke (cdg) feature on? and made sure the .cdg files are named exactly the same as the media file (ecxept for extension, duh). of course, this function only works with cdg karaoke, i.e. .cdg + .mp3 (or other supported media). no .lyr text files, or .kar or midi karaoke...

works great on my box... only thing i don't like is the few ms's of delay in the voice support... also would like the cdg's to display when playing the next song in list... (now it only works if you manually select songs)

-xl
Quote:works great on my box... only thing i don't like is the few ms's of delay in the voice support... also would like the cdg's to display when playing the next song in list... (now it only works if you manually select songs)

are u sure of this? i thought i fixed that. please confirm with newest cvs, if so i'll look into it again.
(spiff @ may 23 2006,14:03 Wrote:
Quote:works great on my box... only thing i don't like is the few ms's of delay in the voice support... also would like the cdg's to display when playing the next song in list... (now it only works if you manually select songs)

are u sure of this? i thought i fixed that. please confirm with newest cvs, if so i'll look into it again.
i think there may be some confusion regarding the "delay".

1. the first delay is audio/cdg text timing. there is an xbmc setting to tweak the timing at which the text highlights while the cdg plays. this is a nice feature that spiff has worked on and gives flexibility to the karaoke system. i beleive my setting is 0.0 seconds.

2. the second delay is microphone lag. this is documented on this site somewhere (just do a search on microphone lag) and it appears to be a known problem and maybe something that can't be fixed. when speaking or singing into the microphone the voice has a lag. unfortunately for something like karaoke where you are singing and timing is critical it is undesireable. it always sounds like the singer is a little late whereas in reality the singer is on time but the system delays the voice from coming through. the only fix i have found so far is to purchase a karaoke mixer. the delay is eliminated and most of the time you also get the all important karaoke effect of reverb or echo.

spiff, does this clarification of delay make sense? or maybe i'm the one that is confused Smile

finally, the auto playing of next cdg would be a great improvement. unlike the mic lag, i beleive this is somethign that can be fixed. the problem occurs after the cdg/mp3 is finished playing and continues to the next song automatically. the mp3 plays the next song fine, however the cdg visualization is stuck on the end of the previous song. the fix is to either hit "display" twice (i think?) or to hit previous track and then next track to restart the song. i've been making sure to hit next track before the song ends.
1) not really, i just eliminated the need to use a delay to get proper sync.

2) sounds plausible

3) i found some code lurking. hopefully it is fixed now.
i couldn't find any microphone or adapter for the xbox!
could someone please tell me which mic i can use with the xbox?

sorry for my last post, i should have read the whole thread before. Blush

i am trying to get the xbox music maker here in germany, but it seems that it is not available anymore and i also can't find any mad catz adapter or info's, even on their webpage.
does someone has a source where to get one mic?

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music0