• 25(current)
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music
(spiff @ may 23 2006,21:02 Wrote:1) not really, i just eliminated the need to use a delay to get proper sync.

2) sounds plausible

3) i found some code lurking. hopefully it is fixed now.

point 3 is now fixed - tested on latest cvs - woohoo and thanks for that one!!!

(stcogoli @ nov. 22 2004,01:39 Wrote:
Quote:what i meant by that is - the video in the bg would not neccesarily be that of the actual music clip
oh i see, that makes more sense :nuts: but i suspect it would be more difficult to implement cause you might need two instances of mplayer (one for sound, one for video) and i'm not sure if that could be easily achieved. or maybe we could somehow hijack the sound output of a single video instance...
hi,

just wanted to say first of all that the karaoke function has come a long way since it first started out and is amazing now in terms of basic functionality so big thank you to you man for starting all this off.

i was re-reading the whole thread and from my point of view things like adding a mic can be done by buying a cheap mixer etc - it would be fantastic to emulate what the really expensive karaoke players do by allowing you to have a video file running in the background - doesn't have to be in sync at all but it looks amazing when the words come up on screen over some randomly playing video. the visualisations are nice and all but can get quite annoying for karaoke (yup the altnernative is to switch them off which i've done  Rolleyes )

amazing all round addition to xbmc and erm i wouldn't be asking about point 2 except the wife made me and erm she's a red-head haha :nuts:.. oh and yeah i know it's really easy to ask for things so i don't have any expectations - if it's can be done - fantasitc - if not erm it's still fantastic :bowdown:

just a little warning;

stgcolin has been mia for a year or so.
(spiff @ may 29 2006,20:07 Wrote:just a little warning;

stgcolin has been mia for a year or so.
ahhhh.....

mmm maybe someone else might "see" this and think "hey i could do that..."

cheers for sorting the auto-play issue though it's made a huge difference....
i got now a mic from ebay and i have to say that the karaoke on the xbox is great :thumbsup:

i have some mpg video files with lyrics integrated. when i start the video file, the mic is not activated! it happens also with a karaoke dvd.

is it possible to activate the mic when playing a video file / dvd?

(spiff @ may 23 2006,21:02 Wrote:1) not really, i just eliminated the need to use a delay to get proper sync.

2) sounds plausible

3) i found some code lurking. hopefully it is fixed now.
i just finished updating my xbmc to the 6/6 build. noticed that the delay setting was taken out.

as for the cdg visualization not following the mp3 between tracks - the code changes that were done have improved the problem but not fixed it entirely. the cdg used to be stuck on the previous song (bad for screen burn-in!Wink while the mp3 continued to the next track, however now the cdg disappears but while the mp3 starts up on the next track the cdg doesn't start up. still requires 2 consecutive "display" button pushes on the remote to bring up the graphics.

we are getting there though!
create a bugpost on sf.

sollie.
hello. i have just tried the cdg function of xbmc and it's wonderful.
though there are some bugs.

Quote:i have some mpg video files with lyrics integrated. when i start the video file, the mic is not activated! it happens also with a karaoke dvd.

is it possible to activate the mic when playing a video file / dvd?

yeah if the mic could be enabled with videos too, it would be great.

Quote:the cdg used to be stuck on the previous song (bad for screen burn-in!Wink while the mp3 continued to the next track, however now the cdg disappears but while the mp3 starts up on the next track the cdg doesn't start up. still requires 2 consecutive "display" button pushes on the remote to bring up the graphics.

that's the bug i was refering to. i hope it will be fix soon because it's not possible to make any playlist or to let the xbox play the mp3 in random or normal mode. i have to hit the stop button of the remote, and select the song.
is there a possibility to ad some pics in the background like in the programm http://www.karafun.com? or maybe a possibility to change the color of the background?

bendra
i think thats possible, but we are in feature freeze, so post your request in the "feature suggestions" topic and wait until the 2.0 release.

sollie.

ok thank you, i will do so!

bendra
I miss the ability to speed up or slow down the CDG text, anyone know where this has moved to?
I recently started using xbmc and i like the karaoke support. However, usually mp3+cdg files are kept in 1 zip file(the cdg file compresses to about 50% in general). When i select a zip zip with cdg+mp3 file xbmc locks up retrieving media info.

I guess this is because the music player is trying to retrieve media info for the cdg file directly. Any chance this could be fixed ?
its not hanging as such, you just need to be very patient.

can be fixed; yes. will i do it?; not so sure. the zip support wasnt really written for media streaming its was written for utility usage (presets and so on).

for documentation purposes; if anybody feel like having a crack at it, we would have to introduce a threshold in the zip manager where it would revert to behaving as the rar manager (namely caching compressed files to disc prior to opening them).
After your comment about rar support i tested the same mp3 and cdg file in a rar archive and this works. Needs an extra click to select the mp3 file but for now that will do(would be nice it the mp3 would play instantly after clicking the rar file). Thanks for pointing out the rar support function.
go to settings -> appearance -> view settings.

enable transparent archives. have fun.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music0