• 26(current)
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music
spiff Wrote:go to settings -> appearance -> view settings.

enable transparent archives. have fun.

Hmm never noticed that option. However for the karaoke rar files it's not working as the archive contains 2 files. Like i said before for now i'm happy with the karaoke/rar function as it is but i'm guessing it should be relatively easy to treat rar archives with 1 cdg and 1 mp3 file as a single file archive?

Ah if only i could code more than c64 basic 10 print"hello world" ....
its easily added but i'm not sure we want to. it will add significant delay to browsing if there are large archives about.
While i can not code i can think of ideas, what if you could define a designated karaoke folder where xmbc automatically assumes all archives are cdg+mp3 archives? Ah well i'll just see if anything like this will ever be implemented.

Thanks for the tips and keep up the good work.
Hi,

me and my friends would be also very interested for a solution to play mp3+cdg file from the Zip Archive, is there something new or planed?

Maybe this feature could be switched on/off with the karaoke trigger from the settings menu?

This would make the XBOX with XBMC the best Karaoke machine ever.

Thank You

Schmitty
patch welcome. i have no plans to change the zip code.
Any chance of karaoke making it into "new xbmc"? Im now using a PC instead of xbox,and would love to have this karaoke option again.
I donated $40 to the XBMC project, and so should you.
I've done preliminary port into "new xbmc". Waiting for dev review.
oldnemesis Wrote:I've done preliminary port into "new xbmc". Waiting for dev review.

Seems like it made it. Great stuff :-)
We also made better .mid/.kar support (converting to new Timidity++ which supports soundfonts). Currently I'm working on handling .kar/.lrc files.
Is this karaoke thing added to latest SVN builds?
cdg is enabled in svn.

new timidity etc is not. and i will probably not get around to testing/adding it before sunday at the earliest.
Okey.. Will dl latest svn and test it. Looking forward to this.
Anyone have any success with this? I have been fiddling around on my linux box today and I can't seem to get it working. Just out of curiosity what sort of mic setups are you hardcore Karaoke types using? Just a regular computer mic or a real mic?
Works like a charm for me. Don't have a mic right now, but the function in Xbmc works fine (running on Windows).
Wow, great to see this progress! Can someone tell me where I can download versions for of the windows and/or OS X that support CDG?

Edit: figured it out...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=svn
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music0