[WINDOWS] HOW-TO control XBMC using EventGhost with the Microsoft MCE Remote
Henkske Wrote:Some buttons like UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT are already pre-defined. You do not have to add them. If you do you will get troubles in XBMC. (if you press down it will go down several times instead of 1x)
I'm leaving HID enabled and UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT and SELECT all work. Are there any others that we shouldn't map?
Is there any way to add copy, paste etc.. functions to event ghost for XBMC..?
LaTropa64 Wrote:I'm leaving HID enabled and UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT and SELECT all work. Are there any others that we shouldn't map?

If your remote has an "Exit" button, that should be mapped to the Escape key.

And the number keys are all mapped to the number keys on the keyboard.
After some trial and error, it looks like there are quite a few MCE remote buttons that already mapped to various functions in windows if you don't disable the HID service:

Navigation/select
Power
Mute
Vol +/-
Record TV
TV EPG
Live TV
Clear
Enter

A lot of those would come in handy if I could map them in XBMC. The problem with disabling the HID service though is that you can no longer use the remote correctly for Windows Media Center.

Is there some weird way to do this where I can have it both ways? Like a way to not disable HID until you start XBMC and the re-enable HID when XBMC is closed?
Question 
hello all,
Thanks a lot for these forums helped me out alot.
Whenever I try to add the mce plugin in evenhost I get the following error.

Error starting plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote
Traceback (most recent call last) (1476):
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginInfo.py", line 299, in Start
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 272, in __start__
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 315, in CheckHidState
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied
Error starting plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote
Traceback (most recent call last) (1476):
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginInfo.py", line 299, in Start
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 272, in __start__
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 315, in CheckHidState
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied
Can anyone help I have an irda port in my PC and I also have an MCE remote which I'd like to get to work together

If I go into system - device manager under USB ports I don't have an MCE remote driver installed. How do I go about getting this installed please?

Thanks
kemik Wrote:Can anyone help I have an irda port in my PC and I also have an MCE remote which I'd like to get to work together

If I go into system - device manager under USB ports I don't have an MCE remote driver installed. How do I go about getting this installed please?

Thanks

irda ports use a different frequency for sending data than remote controls for consumer electronics like dvd players. There are some hacks but it really is not worth doing when you can buy a usb reciever cheap.
Has anyone tried running EventGhost as normal user? It doesn't seem to work that way; but reads the signals if only run as administrator. Which is kinda useless for me as I run XBMC as a normal user. Everyone out here uses EG run XBMC as admin user? Cheers!!!
MacUsers Wrote:Has anyone tried running EventGhost as normal user? It doesn't seem to work that way; but reads the signals if only run as administrator. Which is kinda useless for me as I run XBMC as a normal user. Everyone out here uses EG run XBMC as admin user? Cheers!!!

Right click the eventghost exe and set it to "run as administrator"
TerranQ Wrote:Right click the eventghost exe and set it to "run as administrator"
already tried that but didn't work; even changed the permission in the registry but still no luck. Is it working for you? Cheers!!
I highly recommend the XBMCRepeat plugin as an alternative to the built-in XBMC plugin for EventGhost. It's far more comprehensive and even includes mappable JumpSMS functionality now.
rausch101 Wrote:I highly recommend the XBMCRepeat plugin as an alternative to the built-in XBMC plugin for EventGhost. It's far more comprehensive and even includes mappable JumpSMS functionality now.
If it was for me, then I don't think plugin is the problem. It seems to be the EG (or maybe Windows) itself, which fails to operate from a non-admin user account. cheers!!!
Do you know how to capture mouse events?

For me only Mouse.MiddleButton is logged, but no right click and left click.
is it possible to keep all mapped keys to their original status ( vol.up / down/ mute/ left rright etc.. ) but re-map the big green windows key ? I can map it to XMBC, but now Windows Media center opens along with XMBC.. annoying.

is there a way of doing it with eventghost ?
Does anyone knows what key (or combination of keys) I have to map to get MUTE sound? I have disabled the HID service in order to have the volume overlays in Aeon but I can't get the mute button to map/work. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO control XBMC using EventGhost with the Microsoft MCE Remote1