[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 Testing (ATV)
ATV OS 2.3
XBMC 8.10 (bf1)
Using HDMI

Working fine
ATV OS 2.3
XBMC SVN rev18298

Using HDMI - doesn't work for me Sad

I switched back to the ATV I saw XBMC then it scrambled and went black. Do I just switch on debug mode to get logging for this?

Log file can be found here - http://pastebin.com/m66a66feb
brentonmac Wrote:ATV OS 2.3
XBMC SVN rev18298

I switched back to the ATV I saw XBMC then it scrambled and went black. Do I just switch on debug mode to get logging for this?

Console.log would be interesting, too.
I wasn't yet able reproduce it. I tried disconnecting the HDMI, switching source on projector :/
Will try again later...

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bu1ak3 Wrote:Everything looks good so far. I will set my ATV to boot XBMC by default and see how that works out.

Launcher 3 Beta 3
ATV OS 2.3.1
XBMC Current release (bf1)

Still looking good for me. Now running:

Launcher 3 Beta 4
ATV OS 2.3.1
XBMC Current release (bf1)
HDMI

Great job!
brentonmac Wrote:ATV OS 2.3
XBMC SVN rev18298

We got a few steps further.
We missed to update a script that installs XBMC on the ATV. There should be a file advancedsettings.xml in ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata, that (now) gets created on update/install of XBMC through Launcher. It should look like this (+any additional stuff from yourself):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<skiploopfilter>48</skiploopfilter>
<osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>
Not setting osx_gl_fullscreen to true creates the problems with HDMI.

This can be fixed by (re)downloading xbmc-atlantis-bf1 from Launcher->Downloads again, or by manually editing it.

HTH,
stephan

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Updated Launcher 3.0 beta 3 to beta 4, no problems.
XBMC 8.10 (bf1) on ATV 2.3 with HDMI to Panasonic TH37PX60 working fine.
I have no idea if this is a bug, or something with no intention of being featured in Launcher 3.0. In my quest to have both the regular and playback buttons working on my universal remote, it was revealed that the Launcher 3.0 beta is capable of relaying learned remote signals (the new feature in Apple TV v2.3) for XBMC. Because the learned remote signals also record the playback buttons (play, stop, pause, etc) it was my hope that those signals would also be relayed to XBMC. I had it working with Launcher 2.3 using Universal Mode, but was working towards something that didn't require the menu_hold workaround.

When testing this (I had AppleTV learn an old Philips DVD remote), I found that the normal Apple remote buttons (direction arrows, select, menu) worked flawlessly, but playback buttons such as play, pause, stop, and rewind did not. One thing I did find, however, was that the fast forward button caused the video to skip ahead 10 minutes.

There was no output at all from console.log, and while there was xbmc.log output, there appeared to be nothing that would indicate that XBMC had any idea that these playback buttons were being pressed. While I didn't find any log files under /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs or /Library/Logs/Console, is there somewhere that I can find log output specifically for Launcher (perhaps in the portion that relays button presses over to XBMC)?

Of course, if there is no intention of supporting the playback buttons through AppleTV's learned remote feature then the above is mostly moot, and my next question would be is this something that is on the potential roadmap for a future release? Thanks and keep up the great work! My environment specs are below:

AppleTV v2.3.1
Launcher v3.0b4
XBMC Atlantis bf1
FreddieD Wrote:I have no idea if this is a bug, or something with no intention of being featured in Launcher 3.0. In my quest to have both the regular and playback buttons working on my universal remote, it was revealed that the Launcher 3.0 beta is capable of relaying learned remote signals (the new feature in Apple TV v2.3) for XBMC. Because the learned remote signals also record the playback buttons (play, stop, pause, etc) it was my hope that those signals would also be relayed to XBMC. I had it working with Launcher 2.3 using Universal Mode, but was working towards something that didn't require the menu_hold workaround.
Must admit I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for pointing it out!

FreddieD Wrote:When testing this (I had AppleTV learn an old Philips DVD remote), I found that the normal Apple remote buttons (direction arrows, select, menu) worked flawlessly, but playback buttons such as play, pause, stop, and rewind did not. One thing I did find, however, was that the fast forward button caused the video to skip ahead 10 minutes.

hehe, Apple reused old keycodes present on ATV <= 2.1 (right and left hold). That's why some buttons were working. The new ones are not recognized by Launcher 3beta4...

FreddieD Wrote:There was no output at all from console.log, and while there was xbmc.log output, there appeared to be nothing that would indicate that XBMC had any idea that these playback buttons were being pressed. While I didn't find any log files under /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs or /Library/Logs/Console, is there somewhere that I can find log output specifically for Launcher (perhaps in the portion that relays button presses over to XBMC)?
This
Code:
tail -F /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
should do it. If log doesn't refresh, just restart Finder and it should work again.

FreddieD Wrote:Of course, if there is no intention of supporting the playback buttons through AppleTV's learned remote feature then the above is mostly moot, and my next question would be is this something that is on the potential roadmap for a future release?

Beta5 is uploaded with the fix. Thanks for the excellent report!

To use the learned buttons, you'll need to modify Keymap.xml. This is what I came up with:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <!-- plus       --> <button id="1">Up</button>
      <!-- minus      --> <button id="2">Down</button>
      <!-- left       --> <button id="3">Left</button>
      <!-- right      --> <button id="4">Right</button>
      <!-- play/pause --> <button id="5">Select</button>
      <!-- menu       --> <button id="6">PreviousMenu</button>

<!-- hold play  --> <button id="7">Fullscreen</button>
      <!-- hold menu  --> <button id="8">ContextMenu</button>

<!-- old buttons (ATV <2.2) -->
      <!-- hold left  --> <button id="9">BigStepBack</button>
      <!-- hold right --> <button id="10">BigStepForward</button>

<!-- Learned remote buttons (ATV >2.3) -->
      <!-- Play       --> <button id="70">Play</button>
      <!-- Pause      --> <button id="71">Pause</button>
      <!-- Stop       --> <button id="72">Stop</button>
      <!-- Previous   --> <button id="73">SkipPrevious</button>
      <!-- Next       --> <button id="74">SkipNext</button>
      <!-- Rewind     --> <button id="75">StepBack</button>
      <!-- Forward    --> <button id="76">StepForward</button>
      <!-- Return     --> <button id="77">ParentDir</button>
      <!-- Enter      --> <button id="78"></button>
    </joystick>
  </global>
</keymap>

We'll update Keymap.xml for the next release. Suggestions?

cheers,
dd

Just waited for this info! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin:
Will give it a go in the evening.
MaestroDD Wrote:We got a few steps further.
We missed to update a script that installs XBMC on the ATV. There should be a file advancedsettings.xml in ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata, that (now) gets created on update/install of XBMC through Launcher. It should look like this (+any additional stuff from yourself):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<skiploopfilter>48</skiploopfilter>
<osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>
Not setting osx_gl_fullscreen to true creates the problems with HDMI.

This can be fixed by (re)downloading xbmc-atlantis-bf1 from Launcher->Downloads again, or by manually editing it.

HTH,
stephan

Thanks this worked great!
Any chance that the Download section for Launcher Beta 5 will list the newest Boxee beta (9.10.5534)?
gilbreen Wrote:Any chance that the Download section for Launcher Beta 5 will list the newest Boxee beta (9.10.5534)?

ouch, forum must be laggy. It's there since 16 hours, updated with beta5:
http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...tail?r=617

MaestroDD Wrote:ouch, forum must be laggy. It's there since 16 hours, updated with beta5:
http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...tail?r=617

Excellent - I did update to Beta 5 but the old Boxee entry was still there. Does one have to (or rather should one) reboot the ATV after updating the Launcher?

Thanks again.
Hmm - I am stumped. I have rebooted the ATV and re-installed Beta 5 but it still shows the 9.9 version of Boxee in the Downloads section.

Any other suggestions to try or are others seeing something different?
gilbreen Wrote:Hmm - I am stumped. I have rebooted the ATV and re-installed Beta 5 but it still shows the 9.9 version of Boxee in the Downloads section.

indeed. damn copy'n'paste Smile
It was the new version, but displayed name was old. Should be fixed.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 Testing (ATV)0