[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 Testing (ATV)
criti Wrote:maestro you are a god.

probably.... _NOT_ Wink

criti Wrote:works perfect. i tried just <fullscreen> in there and it didn't help, but didn't know about the osx_gl one. yay! no more appletv reboots.

glad it works. advancedsettings.xml should be created/updated after download/install of XBMC from Launcher. Did you remove it, installed manually,...? There was a bug with this a week ago, thought we fixed it...

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
pretty sure it was there but didn't have the fullscreen option. i installed the latest xbmc through Tsf42m's atvhelper though not through Launcher.
Sorry Newbie Question
I have accessed to .plist file but am not able to modify it because I "don't have sufficient access privileges" I tried changing them to 755 but still not able to edit this file. Would love to try the new launcher
fullquiver8 Wrote:Sorry Newbie Question
I have accessed to .plist file but am not able to modify it because I "don't have sufficient access privileges" I tried changing them to 755 but still not able to edit this file. Would love to try the new launcher

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45493
Thanks for the quick reply
I guess I am not sure how to navigate to the info.plist and change permissions. I have accessed this file using forklift and used a plist editor to update the file but cannot save it because of permissions. I read your tutorial but am still having trouble (or just a little slow Smile Can you give me a little more detail?
Thanks
fullquiver8 Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply
I guess I am not sure how to navigate to the info.plist and change permissions. I have accessed this file using forklift and used a plist editor to update the file but cannot save it because of permissions. I read your tutorial but am still having trouble (or just a little slow Smile Can you give me a little more detail?
Thanks

you can't save it because the user "frontrow" does not own the file in question. save it where you do have permission then ssh in and move it into place with the help of the "sudo" command.
I have saved it where I have permissions now can you please explain how to move it into place with the sudo command.
Thanks
I have saved it where I have permissions now can you please explain how to move it into place with the sudo command.
Thanks
fullquiver8,

fullquiver8 Wrote:I have saved it where I have permissions now can you please explain how to move it into place with the sudo command.
Thanks

please show a bit of cooperation and don't let youself spoonfeed. Yes, many of us know how this works, and it would not be much trouble to just simply say "do that, then that, ...", but the howto is written as it is for a reason. E.g. a simple google search for "move file sudo" turns up a page in ubuntu forum where exactly the stuff is explained what you're searching for.
Different thing is, I'm not really sure if it helps if you get the beta running. What do you want to if it breaks? And it probably will, it's beta for a reason. It's not like google's "betas" which were probably tested by hundreds of engineers before they even get public Smile

Anyways, don't get me wrong. We really appreciate that you want to help testing, but you will need to get stuff yourself into this (not by just typing commands someone posts here), otherwise it's probably better to just wait for a release. But hey, I think Launcher looks good so far, and it will hopefully get to you this weekend with a simple click to "Downloads->Launcher 3.0" Wink

cheers,
stephan

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Thanks for the reply. I have been doing a lot of searching but your right I am kind of looking to be spoonfed a bit Smile The main reason I want to try the new Launcher is for the ability to use my universal remote which at the moment does not work. Anyways thanks for the comments, I will wait for the release.
Thanks
Kevin
All working great here:

AppleTV 2.3.1
Launcher 3.0beta5
XBMC 8.10 bf1:ATLANTIS (Compiled : Dec 18 2008)
HDMI

I've used the new remote functionality and Keymap.xml to get my Logitech Harmony 880 working awesomely. I've been in and out of XBMC and playing a ton of media this afternoon without any problems, lockups etc.

One question I did have to complete my setup: Is the AutoBoot into XBMC not working anymore. I tried defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCExpertMode 1 and then in and out of XBMC but I don't see that new option in the Settings for the default boot app.
shadwarr Wrote:All working great here:

AppleTV 2.3.1
Launcher 3.0beta5
XBMC 8.10 bf1:ATLANTIS (Compiled : Dec 18 2008)
HDMI

I've used the new remote functionality and Keymap.xml to get my Logitech Harmony 880 working awesomely. I've been in and out of XBMC and playing a ton of media this afternoon without any problems, lockups etc.

Great, thanks for the feedback!

shadwarr Wrote:One question I did have to complete my setup: Is the AutoBoot into XBMC not working anymore. I tried defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCExpertMode 1 and then in and out of XBMC but I don't see that new option in the Settings for the default boot app.

Autoboot should still work, but you'll loose the "Learned Remote" feature. Autoboot switches between XBMC and Frontrow, while in the default mode XBMC runs ontop of Frontrow (where we e.g. get the new multimedia buttons from).
Enabling it should still work the way you described above. There'll be a new setting called MultiFinder. Enabling that adds the default-boot-toggle. You can check if the plist is properly modified with
Code:
defaults read com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher
which should give
Code:
{XBMCExpertMode = 1; }

cheers,
MDD

MaestroDD Wrote:Autoboot should still work, but you'll loose the "Learned Remote" feature. Autoboot switches between XBMC and Frontrow, while in the default mode XBMC runs ontop of Frontrow (where we e.g. get the new multimedia buttons from).
Enabling it should still work the way you described above. There'll be a new setting called MultiFinder. Enabling that adds the default-boot-toggle. You can check if the plist is properly modified with

Aha - MultiFinder was disabled. When I re-enabled the functionality worked exactly as you described. Ill leave this off to keep the remote working fine - but at least I was able to test it was working as expected.

Top job - thanks for your help and great product!. Ill report if there are any probs with the beta.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 Testing (ATV)0