MCE IR reciever disconnects and reconnects?
Hi guys, been browsing here for a while now to help setup my HTPC with XBMC... but now I've come to a problem and I don't know how to even search for an answer other then jsut to post it up and ask it.

Anyways I have a Logitech 720 and I'm using the MCE reciever hooked up to my computer and I'm using EventGhost. Everything is up to date and freshly installed (did a complete re-install of Vista and all my programs just yesterday). All windows updates are installed.

Sometimes when I goto use my remote, it just wont work. I check the EventGhost log and it says that the USB HID device (the MCE dongle) was removed and then it says it was attached. If I restart EventGhost, my remote works. (Until the dongle disconnects and reconnects itself again...)

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue of it disconnecting itself? I have no idea if it's an EG related issue or Windows or the MCE reciever itself or what... any tips on how to trouble shoot this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you try a different USB port? Maybe you have a bad port or a low powered one.
I'm pretty sure it's not the port. I've used my mouse and keyboard in it last week and they never had any connection issues (that I know of...)
I tried new ports... nothing... still disconnecting and reconnecting randomly.

Anyone? This is really starting to get annoying because everytime it does it (disconnect and reconnect almost instantaneously), I have to close and reopen eventghost for it to work again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE IR reciever disconnects and reconnects?0