[RELEASE] Myth2XBMC Script for Xbox (Stream Live TV from MythTV to XBMC for Xbox)
After i manually adjust the numbers, the program details are available in live TV but not in the guide. Strange.
For jurr's problem, I am guessing that no channels were found. The log should show you what the SQL response was for the SQL query:
SELECT
c.chanid as chanid,
c.channum as channum,
c.callsign as callsign,
c.name as name,
c.icon as icon
FROM
channel c
WHERE
c.channum IS NOT NULL
AND c.channum != ""
AND c.visible = 1
ORDER BY
c.chanid
matieo Wrote:After i manually adjust the numbers, the program details are available in live TV but not in the guide. Strange.

Try turning on logging by editing default.py:

logLevel = mythutil.LOG_MYTH | mythutil.LOG_GUI

and see if there is an error.
hello teresa,

The sql query returns all my channels, but yesterday i change the channel num because i had change them to put in order. I put as channel number the channel id and then i substract 1000. And with this change the guide data works fine Smile. Also the live tv start working Smile but it seems that when i click on the remote controller the stop button the tv turner still recording and i need to restart mythbackend to free the turner, but if i click on the next button it stop fine. Any idea?
One final question, Are you planning to add the record options that mythtv has? i.e. record allways, record one weekly,...

Thanks in advance
The stop button works fine for me for stopping the recording so not sure what is happening with your setup. Check the log for any errors.

There already is functionality for the recording options.... but I don't use it. I use MythWeb on my laptop for scheduling recordings... I find it much easier.
Hi Teresa,

I like the changes you made to the original code and would like to use your script. However as stated above, I also have the problem that not all of the program guide information is visible.

Live TV is working fine for all the channels: can start it and watch tv, the channels are sorted and the current info is displayed

Recording channels however has a problem. Not all of the channels are displaying the information (order is correct).

Can you help (I don't see any error reported in the log file).
Are you missing the channel completely in the Program Guide list? Or does it list the channel number but not the guide info for it?
Thx for your quick response.

Nope, the channel is in the list, but no data is available. If I use the old script it shows the data (but the channels aren't sorted).

The odd thing is: some channels show the EPG data, most not (which is for the analog cable tuner). All digital sat channels don't show the info (but channels are visible).

If I select the live TV option, all channels are visible and all channels show the current data (so both: cable as well as sat).

??
I have uploaded a new version that I think will fix your issue. It is a quick fix and may cause paging up and down to be a bit slower but I tested on my xbox and doesn't seem much slower. If I have a chance I may go back and try to speed it up... but I don't use the program guide much at all.
Hi Teresa,

Sorry for the late response: works perfectly. Thx for the good work.

I know for sure, there are still a lot of xbox fans using the script.
Just tried your script and got suprised to hear my xbox harddrive writing/reading like crazy when navigating up&down the Live TV list (my channels).

For each tic up/down it is an short (but intense) burst read/write from the hard drive.

Funny: try holding in the LT or RT as little as you can, that will give you an pretty slow scroll, but alot of harddrive noise.

So, what's up with that?
Sorry, I haven't noticed any excessive hd noise with my xbox on livetv scrolling.
teresa Wrote:Sorry, I haven't noticed any excessive hd noise with my xbox on livetv scrolling.

So perhaps you have a silent hdd. Still I wonder why all that info is written/readen when going up&down.

Actually... If you do as I say and use the LT or RT you can fool the script beliving it changed row and making the reading/writing thing.

So how is the navigation built? Caching any info at all? Using index? etc etc

Ignore me if you feel that it's nothing to bother about. I will not try fix any code myself. Just giving some info about my findings
The only thing going on in LiveTV when scrolling or moving the cursor up/down is populating the show details for the currently selected program. I am not sure what you mean by LT and RT but I use a universal remote so may not have all the same buttons.
teresa Wrote:I am not sure what you mean by LT and RT but I use a universal remote so may not have all the same buttons.

Left Trigger / Right Trigger... on the xbox controller

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Myth2XBMC Script for Xbox (Stream Live TV from MythTV to XBMC for Xbox)1