"Set Content" not sticking on TV Shows
Question 
I did a full clean install of rev 18346 last night (including nuking userdata)

My "TV Shows" is made out of of two shares (mapped as network drives in windows)

I "set content" to TV and chose scraper then press "ok".

However it's not sticking - when I right click TV Shows again there's no "scan for new content" option only "set content" - when I go to set content it's set as "none".

I don't have a debug log but will create one tonight - was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with latest svn's?

(I know there are numerous scraper issues at the mo but this is an xbmc issue as it's not getting as far as starting to scrape.)

specs:-

Ati HD 3870 (audio and vid via HDMI)
Abit An-m2hd mobo
Athlon X2 64 6000
4gb ram

windows xp sp3
where is your userdata stored?
are you sure you have permission to write there?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:where is your userdata stored?
are you sure you have permission to write there?

in the "portable" default:-

"C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XBMC\userdata"

Definitely should have rights - it's my user account and I have full admin rights (I'll double check though)

Also - setting Movie content works ok.

Huh
That's not 'portable' anymore. Remove '-p' from your shortcut.
ehm, it's not platform mode any longer, it is now portable.
I humbly suggest an announcement across the user forums affected by this (I don't know if it's Windows only, it might well be).
Sorry I should have been more cautious with my use of the word "portable".

I'm aware of the change that happened a while ago. And have used a few svn's since then which have continued to work fine.

This is a fully clean install - program files/xbmc, docs&settings/user/appdata/xbmc and all shortcuts deleted.

rev 18346 installed with all default options and run from the newly created shortcut (no -p)

I'm at work now so can't create a debug log but will do one tonight.

The fact that no one else is chiming in with the same problem does suggest that there's something uniquely fishy to my set up.

I blame user error....
I just encountered similar issue with the tv database on the same build but it was running on Windows 7 Build 7048. Then I noticed when I changed from TVDB to IMDB my library started to scan ?
https://www.facebook.com/naprawy.telewizorow
Don't know if this might help Huh
I keep having the same problem with my movies. Set content isn't sticking.
petie74 Wrote:I just encountered similar issue with the tv database on the same build but it was running on Windows 7 Build 7048. Then I noticed when I changed from TVDB to IMDB my library started to scan ?

Don't know if this might help Huh

Sorry Petie74 - I read this at work today and thought "nah that won't help my problem - how would setting a different scrape source help me - my problem is happening before scraping even starts"

BUT - I just tried this and it WORKED! Smile

Thanks! (Don't really care which scraper is set since I use MediaCompanion to scrape locally - so all is good now.

I have a debug log of trying to set content as TV with default tvdb not sticking if it would help anyone?

Not sure why scraper not responding would nullify the set content settings but it appears it does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Set Content" not sticking on TV Shows0