MediaStream not detecting all movies
Question 
I just switched from PM3.HD to MediaStream and am very impressed.

My only problem is that when I activate MediaStream it doesn't detect all the movies in my library (other skins work fine). I'm in library mode, have scanned for new content and cleaned my library and file names.

My movies are stored in the .iso format named like so:

• Die Hard (1988).iso
• Murderball (2005).iso
• The Bourne Identity (2002).iso

Any suggestions on how to detect all my movies?
The library database has nothing to do with the skin itself. If the movie shows in Library mode of one skin it will show in Library mode of another. Are you sure you weren't viewing it is files mode with the other skin?
same thing as smcnally said.

another thing to keep in mind is if you recently updated your skin, you might have to "set content" of the folder again.
manturafs Wrote:another thing to keep in mind is if you recently updated your skin, you might have to "set content" of the folder again.

That did the trick! Thanks manturafs. Big Grin

Can you please answer one other question?

All my movie DVDs and TV DVDs are stored in the same directory. The only difference is the movies are .iso and each season of a TV show is stored in its own folder. I do this because I'd like the TV DVDs to only have one thumb per season instead of one thumb per disc.

I followed the Video Library wiki and named my discs like so (without the hyphens; used to illustrate paths):

/The Wire (2002) Season 4
- /The Wire (2002) 1.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 2.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 3.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 4.iso

/The Wire (2002) Season 5
- /The Wire (2002) 1.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 2.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 3.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 4.iso

The PM3.HD library would show one thumb for season 4 another for season 5, respectively. MediaStream shows eight total thumbs.

In Set Content I've tried enabling and disabling "Use Folder Names For Lookup" and "Scan Recursively" but the problem persists.

How change this to only show one thumb per season?
if it scans it into library, it should do it automatically. are you sure you are in library mode? did you include subfolders when you set content so that it recognizes them as tv shows?

if so, what are the thumbs titled as? that might give us a clue as to what it got scanned in as.
manturafs Wrote:if it scans it into library, it should do it automatically. are you sure you are in library mode? did you include subfolders when you set content so that it recognizes them as tv shows?

if so, what are the thumbs titled as? that might give us a clue as to what it got scanned in as.

Yes, I'm in Library mode and include subfolders in Set Content.

When I switch to Files mode there is only one thumb per season.

In Library mode the thumbs are titled as (and Movie Information > File Path) sorted by name, ascending:
(note, the Movie Information path only shows the folder, not the iso file, which I've added)

"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 4/The Wire (2002) 4.iso
"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 5/The Wire (2002) 4.iso
"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 5/The Wire (2002) 2.iso
"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 5/The Wire (2002) 1.iso
"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 4/The Wire (2002) 3.iso
"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 4/The Wire (2002) 2.iso
"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 4/The Wire (2002) 1.iso
"The Wire" (2002)
/The Wire (2002) Season 5/The Wire (2002) 3.iso
maybe clean library? i'm puzzled. this isn't a skin issue from the sounds of it...but not sure why it works different for PM3.HD library mode.
ryansebiz Wrote:I followed the Video Library wiki and named my discs like so (without the hyphens; used to illustrate paths):

/The Wire (2002) Season 4
- /The Wire (2002) 1.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 2.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 3.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 4.iso

/The Wire (2002) Season 5
- /The Wire (2002) 1.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 2.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 3.iso
- /The Wire (2002) 4.iso

How change this to only show one thumb per season?

You did follow the Video Library wiki.
You should follow this wiki TV Shows (Video Library)

So use S01E01 or whatever.
Waffa Wrote:You did follow the Video Library wiki.
You should follow this wiki TV Shows (Video Library)

So use S01E01 or whatever.

I read that wiki entry as well. To simplify things, I wanted to keep all my DVDs (movies and TV) in the same directory (as mentioned earlier). I decided to follow your advice (and the TV Shows wiki).

My new directories look like this:

DVD/Movies
DVD/TV

The Wire now looks like so:

DVD/TV/The Wire - s04e01e02e03.iso
DVD/TV/The Wire - s04e04e05e06e07.iso

This works perfectly! The scrapers grab individual episode data, thumbs and fan art from TheTVDB.com and it looks very slick. Big Grin

Just two questions:

1. The scraper grabs a thumb for the first episode on its disc, then reuses that thumb for all the disc's remaining episodes. For example, in the two Wire discs above, the episode 1 thumb is used for eps 2 and 3; the episode 4 thumb is used on eps 5, 6 and 7. If I manually view individual episode information its second thumb is consistently the perfect match. Is there a way to automate this process so the scraper always grabs the correct episode thumb in the future?
  2. Updating the library will not add additional seasons unless all discs from that season are available. For example, I have the first two discs of House season 2 and can see them in files view, but not library view (even after several updates). Is manually adding them to the library the only option?

Thanks in advance and I appreciate the help! manturafs - it wasn't a skin issue!
Best folder structure.
DVD/TV/The Wire/Season04/ The Wire s04e01e02e03.iso

XBMC reconize 4 thumbs fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, season.tbn and The Wire s04e01e02e03.tbn

Don't have any experience with multiple episodes on .iso, but normaly the episode thumb needs to have the same name as the video file and you have only one file for several episodes.

Did you set content to House ?

Note! updating library doesn't meen updating .nfo files or thumbs that are already present in your library.
Waffa Wrote:Best folder structure.
DVD/TV/The Wire/Season04/ The Wire s04e01e02e03.iso

XBMC reconize 4 thumbs fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, season.tbn and The Wire s04e01e02e03.tbn

Don't have any experience with multiple episodes on .iso, but normaly the episode thumb needs to have the same name as the video file and you have only one file for several episodes.

I tried adding The Wire s04e01e02e03.tbn but no luck. If I manually add the thumb via Episode Information it will work, but I'd like to automate the process.

I started a new thread w/ screenshots about this issue in the Windows help forum.

Quote:Did you set content to House?

That fixed it! I didn't know I needed to Set Content each time I add a new file - now I know!

Thanks for your help Cool
ryansebiz Wrote:I didn't know I needed to Set Content each time I add a new file - now I know!

not sure about that thumb stuff. i'd actually like to know that myself.

as for Set Content, you don't need to do it each time you add a new file, just when you add a new folder i believe. if you add a file to an already existing directory that you've already set the content for, you should be able to choose the tv series and tell it to Search For New Content option.
If you put a new file into a folder where content already been set to than you only need to update the library and the scraper will pick the new file up.

edit
So set content to your folder TV and every time you put a new serie in it , it wil srape the content if you update your library. ( You can set update library on startup)

BTW if you make the file structure like I said Media Companion will scrape all thumbs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream not detecting all movies0