[MERGED] XBMC Digital Output / SoundBlaster Problems
phi2039 Wrote:The fix has been committed. See Changeset 18705. Passthrough AC3/DTS should work on SB Live! and X-Fi cards, as well as on all other previously supported cards. You can obtain an updated version of XBMC from one of the community build forum threads.

Unlike others in this thread, I didn't any sound issues but I was excited to try your sound patch regardless. Within XBMC music playing is fine but as soon as I press alt-tab to go back to the desktop, the audio cuts out. When I alt-tab back the audio comes back. In previous SVN's audio could play while XBMC was minimized. Is this by design?
phi2039, will have a go at it this weekend, I hope. Will report back in this thread. Thanks for your efforts...
@paco: No this is not by design, but I did not know if this was the case on previous revs. It seems to be limited to Vista. Could you provide some details about your system configuration?

-C
The background audio issue is fixed in rev 18733.
I can confirm that on rev18759 the audio problem with my SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio is resolved (as you predicted). Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MERGED] XBMC Digital Output / SoundBlaster Problems0