[MERGED] XBMC Digital Output / SoundBlaster Problems
Natethomas, I use xp sp3. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've had mu audio output settings as output=digital & AC3/DTS checked because my Yamaha can decode them. Still no luck. Phi has been working with me for the last 4 housr on IRC sending me continuous new builds based on my logs and hopefully we're getting closer to a cure. Don't ask me though, I really am vlueless about what he's doing. Thanks for all teh help!!! P
This is strange, mostly because everything seems to work so well on my own comp. I wouldn't expect a Vista to XP switch to cause any major differences. Well, I'll be curious to see if Phi can do anything to fix it. I feel like it has to be something minor though. Even excluding the beta nature of XBMC, Windows is a strange beast.
You have got the 2 .dll files that are needed for Vista haven't you?
He uses XP.
Doh!
Hitcher, natethomas, & all, thank you for all of your suggestions and ideas. Hopefully this will be working soon. Keep any new ideas rolling in!
Big Grin 
All,

As of last night, Phi2039 was able to build me an executable that allows passthrough on my system! I now have Dolby Digital and DTS surround working!!!!! Phi FTW!
nice Smile
Big Grin 
All,

I wanted to publicly thank PHI2039 for the tremendous effort he put into helping me get SPDIF passthrough in XBMC working with my Sound blaster x-fi titanium sound card. Over the course of a week, Phi sent me about a dozen different custom builds of XBMC to diagnose and then resolve my sound card issues. He stayed on IRC with me for hours each night, sometimes going until 1 AM, tweaking XBMC and reviewing debug logs. Finally last night, just before midnight, he got it working for me. Boy it is sweet hearing that surround sound coming through!!!!! To further show Phi's dedication and benevolence to XBMC, I told him that I was going to compensate him for his time and effort helping me, and he refused my offer, asking me to instead send a donation to the XBMC project.

As you may know, Phi is currently building the new Master Audio module for future releases of XBMC and hopefully he gained some valuable knowledge out of this situation that will make Master Audio more compatible and robust. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Phi!!!
Could you share that exe for other to test?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I don't feel comfortable sharing what I currently have because in Phi's own words to me last night

"The build you are using is messy. I will clean it up and send you a new version."

My xbmc.exe is truly a hacked together, highly experimental effort to get passthrough working, but for all I know it may break other parts of XBMC. Back when we started tesing last week, he gave me specific instructions for installing a second test version on XBMC on my PC and I don't even recall how we did that. Phi is an incredibly benevolent person and I'm sure that within a day or so he'll be replying with a better build for others with similar issues to try. However, if Phi replies and says that I can give out what i have, then I'll post it in a public location.

P
On the one hand, that is awesome. On the slightly (I mean much) more selfish hand, I must admit to wishing he'd spent more time working on the master audio module. Still, who knows, maybe this'll be one of those things that benefits us all.
It is very good of you to publicly thank him. Sounds like it is well deserved!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
natethomas Wrote:On the one hand, that is awesome. On the slightly (I mean much) more selfish hand, I must admit to wishing he'd spent more time working on the master audio module. Still, who knows, maybe this'll be one of those things that benefits us all.

The problems with the DirectSound renderer needed to be fixed for masteraudio as well, so consider your wish granted!
phi2039,
Will what you are working on enable multi-zone audio (sending different audio to different sound card channels)?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MERGED] XBMC Digital Output / SoundBlaster Problems0