[MERGED] XBMC Digital Output / SoundBlaster Problems
Livin Wrote:phi2039,
Will what you are working on enable multi-zone audio (sending different audio to different sound card channels)?

Not for now. We decided that was better accomplished in hardware. That being said, however, it would not be that difficult to add later.
I'm not sure what you mean by it is "better" using hardware. It is definitely a TON more expensive to do so.

Currently I use J River Media Center to direct streams to different channels on my sound card... and then have an amps from there. Very simple, and VERY low cost.

I'd love to just use XBMC since it is a pain to use two different libraries and to switch apps. Not life threatening, of course, but when you love your Ferrari (XBMC) you always want to drive it Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
phi2039 Wrote:The problems with the DirectSound renderer needed to be fixed for masteraudio as well, so consider your wish granted!

Hooray for benefits all around!
On my behalf another thanks to Phi2039 for his effort to solve this issue, i just tested the latest exe from the (sandbox) site and DTS and DD5.1 work flawlessly!
The irc sessions paid of thanks to phi2039

Here is a thread to thank the king:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47095
Where can i can that latest exe? i would like to test it.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I am not quite ready to commit the changes to SVN, and I prefer to let the build experts release the binaries for public consumption. Hold tight though, I just need to get FFW/REW working and we'll be good to go.
I installed the card and used the digital output jack (which is a combined jack with analog mic/aux in). In volume control I enabled "Digital output only" under the "advanced" button.

In creative audio control "Speaker configuration" was left on "headphones". I don't know if this makes a difference...

In XBMC I enabled digital audio output and enabled DTS/DD since my receiver is able to accept that.

The above settings worked for 8.10. Will now try to make it work with rev18650 and will post a log soon...
Debug log pasted to pastebin. Pasted almost the complete log to make sure you don't miss anything.

This is from rev18650. I am at this point not able to play 720p mkv-files, framerate averages at 12FPS and no sound at all. The framerate problem might have to do with the audio problem?

Also checked in 8.10 to make sure, and I am able to play this same 720p mkv @ 24FPS and with DTS audio.

Hope the debug log helps...
I posted my debug log (a little late) on the thread of pasqualz, since I had the same problem with recent builds. Great to hear the problem is resolved for you, great job phi2039!

I'm still having audio playback issues (rev18650), as posted in that thread. Looks like the same problem?
xbs08 Wrote:Where can i can that latest exe? i would like to test it.

it's a private ftp we used for troubleshooting purposes. i'm not allowed to hand it out.
I would prefer that we keep as much of the discussion in the forums or in #xbmc as possible. That way we can let everyone learn/help.
phi2039, that's ok with me. Could you please let me know if the problem I'm having will be resolved by your fix? Or do you think this is not related to the problem of pasqualz?

Thanx in advance.
Mart! Looks to be the same problem to me. I should have the fix committed tonight.
The fix has been committed. See Changeset 18705. Passthrough AC3/DTS should work on SB Live! and X-Fi cards, as well as on all other previously supported cards. You can obtain an updated version of XBMC from one of the community build forum threads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MERGED] XBMC Digital Output / SoundBlaster Problems0