"Possible Movie Selection" list
As my movie collection continues to grow, it gets increasingly difficult to pick out a movie I want to watch. The problem is that I have too large of a selection to pick from.

It would be nice if I could "flag" a movie as a possible choice as I'm browsing the library. Then, when I hit the bottom of the library, bring up a list of my tagged "possible choices", and therefore have a much smaller list to choose from.

It would be something like a queue that clears when you select a title from it.

Are there any plugins that do this, or any way to get this functionality? I've tried searching, but this is somewhat difficult to search for.
+1 for me on this one...

takes me forever to pick a movie which PO's the gf, which is never good lol
Wouldn't browsing by Genre cut that down a lot? You can also hide all previously watched movies through the menu as well.
Not a bad idea. I second this
Queue them to the playlist, and when you're done, switch to it and choose. It'll start playing the next one afterwards, but it's a movie, right - who cares?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

There might be work arounds that would do something equivalent, but this sounds like a very elegant solution to a problem that probably a lot of people have and would improve the overall usability of XBMC. +1 for me

I'm surprised at your comment jmarshall - I thought you were the guy that trys to work on improving usability out of all the devs Wink. Just an observation, not a complaint Smile
You're wanting to create a separate list of some of the media items in a listing. This is no different than creating a playlist.

I see no advantage to usability from the OP's idea.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I use the exact method jmarshall Just add them to the playlist and browse that when you want to pick one. Then stop at the end of the movie and clear the playlist. No biggie. That is basically what you are looking for anyway.

J_K_M_A_N
I'll give the playlist method a try.

I'll be honest, I've never used it because it's not easily accessible on my skin, nor mapped on my remote.
That is the hard part. You may need to set that up in your keymap.xml. But once it is set, it is what you are looking for (other than it starting the next movie in line).

J_K_M_A_N
Adam B. Wrote:I'll give the playlist method a try.

I'll be honest, I've never used it because it's not easily accessible on my skin, nor mapped on my remote.

Jmarshall is right you're asking for a playlist, even if you don't realize it :p

"Zero" is a good button to map for this.
Queue is always at the top of the context menu no matter what skin you're using.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
The playlist (now playing list) is available from the context menu as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Possible Movie Selection" list0