Frame Drop with MP3 audio thru SPDIF
Hi,

I just finish building today a Ubuntu 8.10 PC for use with XBMC (before I was using Mythtv).

My PC is connected to a receiver with a SPDIF cable. The system is configured to analog/digital output to iec958 and passthru of both AC3 and DTS.

The setup is working wonderfully with divx movies encoded with AC3 audio (already tested both 2.0 and 5.1 channels).

I'm having a problem with all movies that were encoded using MP3. If I press 'O' while watching I got lots and lots of frame drop (but CPU % is less than 20%).

My sound card is a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 PCI and is connected to the receiver with a digital optical cable.

Video card is a nVidia Geforce 5600FX connected to the receiver with a HDMI cable.

The system is an Athlon XP 2000+ (1.6GHz) with 1GB of ram.

Obs: I can play the movies mentioned without problems with MPlayer.

Thanks
Tried to upgrade alsa to 1.0.19, but still the same issue.

Anyone has some ideia? Or something else that I should check? (pulseaudio is disabled too)

Thanks
anything in log regarding audio device errors?
A debug log would be a really good start.

See this thread for further info: Sticky: HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner
Sorry for not upload the log before. It's here now: http://pastebin.com/m38cf1295

I tried to play three different files (all three were DIVX with audio encoded as MP3). I got frame drop in all of them.

All those files play fine on the same computer with MPlayer.

XBMC doesn't use my system codecs right? Could the problem be on some of the codecs not "understading" right those files?

Thanks
Sorry for not upload the log before. It's here now: http://pastebin.com/m38cf1295

I tried to play three different files (all three were DIVX with audio encoded as MP3). I got frame drop in all of them.

All those files play fine on the same computer with MPlayer.

XBMC doesn't use my system codecs right? Could the problem be on some of the codecs not "understading" right those files?

Thanks
I was doing some more tests today and I found out that the problem is not exclusive with mp3 encoded audio, but it happens with ac3 audio too.

So I guess the problem is not with the audio, but with the rip itself. Seems that the codecs used by dvdplay somewhat don't recognize correct my videos, because I get on debug log lots of:

INFO: ffmpeg: [mpeg4] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected
INFO: ffmpeg: [NULL] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected
WARNING: Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 1360, consumed: 8
DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuty - was:58980930.263669, should be:59012843.945094, error:31913.681424

While playing. Tested now with 50 differents videos. All of them are having some kind of problem like frame drop or audio out of sync. But they all play fine on MPlayer.

Is it possible to use my system codecs in place of /usr/share/xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/* or some other way to update those codecs from dvdplayer?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Drop with MP3 audio thru SPDIF0