• 10(current)
[MOVED] Problems starting XBMC fullscreen
Smile 
allanmar Wrote:just out of curiosity, have you tried what i been mentioning earlier as a problem? Try starting xbmc in auto resolution, then goto settings, change to 1080 and hit test resolution, then try playing your video

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AllanMar Wrote:So how is everyone making out with this now? Ive just been using the old svn before the patch was removed and its been working quite well. With the exception of the dark knight, for whatever reason.

There is some probs with regards to the library and such in this old version though, so I want to upgrade to the latest linux port. Is this working for anyone? If not I guess ill try the patch posted above.

I have been reading the the VDPAU thread and there seems like there may have been some progress with regards to this prob, any info?

I applied the above patch to the latest linuxport as of a few days ago, and it works great for me. Solves my 8200 IGP problems.
So just a little update. I applied the patch to the SVN with a bit of effort. For the most part is was working well, however some movies still didnt quite play right. But only one or two odd 1080p ones.

After reporting this problem when i first built my HTPC i was getting kind of tired of screwing around with it and just wanted to enjoy some movies. I noticed a MSI 9400 silent card go on sale for $60 (cdn), so i decided id grab it, if nothing else itd be good for my desktop (which cant currently handle 1080p). I slapped that into my HTPC and instantly every problem ive been experiencing with the 8400 has been fixed. Ive also noticed that even movies i thought were working fine before, now run with much higher bitrate. Before the framerate would vary a bit between 23.7 and 24 and now it stays locked at 23.8fps.

VDPAU now works flawlessly without the safe fullscreen patch. I know this info isnt really a surprise since we established awhile ago this was an 8200 series problem. But I just thought id share my experience.
I too have noticed a couple videos that don't play right. Not frame drops, but some weird artifacts on the screen, particularly in high-motion scenes. I wouldn't mind writing this off as an 8200-specific problem, if not for the fact that every video I have plays perfectly, and almost always has, in mplayer (with vdpau). But it's hard to go back to MythVideo after I've seen XBMC with Media Stream skin. Sad

-- Kevin
I believe I have found the issue, try rebuilding with this patch

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6761
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOVED] Problems starting XBMC fullscreen0