• 8(current)
[MOVED] Problems starting XBMC fullscreen
Im fairly sure I have the same (or close). 4850e & M3N78-EM.

Yea, it does vary a bit, but i rarely see it go that low. Overclocking to 2.9ghz I can pretty much achieve 24fps, but there are still some issues every now and then.
Just curious, as you have exactly the same hardware as me: Can you play the Artbeats and/or Killa-Sample using Advanced shaders (GLSL) without issues?
No (only tried killa), havn't tried overclocked tho.
Which revision are you running? nvidia driver? xorg.conf? is xbmc the only client running on X or do you have gnome/compiz/whatever running in the background?
180.37, using motd2k's xorg.conf still i think. I've has this problem since late feb though, as far as I know I was the first one to report it. Its happened on all drivers/SVN's since then. Im running a basic Intrepid 8.10 install, so yes gnome/etc
Checked now CPU was at minimum speed , if I force freq to 2.5GHz i get 18-20fps
shassino Wrote:Checked now CPU was at minimum speed , if I force freq to 2.5GHz i get 18-20fps
Ahh, thats what I thought....Unfortunately it hardly helps us though...lol

At least theres a workaround for now.. Hopefully motd2k will be able to find something now that he also has this issue.
Someone have opened a trac ticket? Only to know if is possible to follow this strange issue Smile
Please try xbmc-vpdau SVN revision 18669.

You should find an additional option under Settings->Appearance->Screen called 'Safe fullscreen mode'. Select this mode, and restart XBMC.
Scratch that, changes have been reverted for unrelated reason.
motd2k Wrote:Scratch that, changes have been reverted for unrelated reason.

Ok - so don't bother with 18670? Also we need the latest NVidia driver right? Probably good I didn't install - now I can make sure the new video driver doesn't break first.

xnappo
xnappo Wrote:Ok - so don't bother with 18670? Also we need the latest NVidia driver right? Probably good I didn't install - now I can make sure the new video driver doesn't break first.

xnappo

So after reading in the main thread that 18670 still had the fix, I gave it a shot.

- Installing the 185.13 video driver worked fine.
- New menu option for safe fullscreen was there, selected it
- Restarted in 'Full Screen' mode.

- All videos play fine (they played fine for me before in 1080i too)
- All test patterns look perfect
- The INFO screen still shows 1080i as the selected resolution, however my TV says 1080p. This is the same as before when I manually selected 1080i. Double checked the settings screen has 1920x1080 (full screen) selected. Also tried default: 1920x1080 with the same result.

Is this as expected? It is working perfectly, just the weird 'info' saying it is running 1080i. Thanks for your hard work!

xnappo
I also tried 18670, and it appears to be a vast improvement. Only slight issues when playing 1080p. Little jutter once and awhile. I suspect this is because my im now seeing 25% cpu0 and 90-100% cpu1. On screen display shows vdpau accelerated, however it no longer says DVDPlayer(VDPAU)...Im guessing this is just a change though.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Scratch that, when i upgraded to 185.13, the CPU usage dropped to vdpau levels (5% or so) and playback is perfect! Ive noticed when i start xbmc with -fs it goes full screen then goes windowed. When i start without it, it starts fullscreen and stays there. Hopefully this finds its way back into the svn.
AllanMar Wrote:EDIT: Scratch that, when i upgraded to 185.13, the CPU usage dropped to vdpau levels (5% or so) and playback is perfect! Ive noticed when i start xbmc with -fs it goes full screen then goes windowed. When i start without it, it starts fullscreen and stays there. Hopefully this finds its way back into the svn.

Ah - makes sense. Can you check the 'i' info thing in the shutdown menu to see what resolution it is reporting?

I did use the 'program launcher' to run 'nvidia-settings' and it does not indicate interlaced from what I can tell..

xnappo
Yes, it does show 1080i, but as far as i can tell 1080i in xbmc is 1920x1080@30hz, where even though it says 1080i, its at 60Hz which is the 1080p setting.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOVED] Problems starting XBMC fullscreen0