[RELEASE] NBC plugin for XBMC
current on the SVN Repo

Full Episodes Only(right now)

This is an early version but i thought i would throw something functional together for people to use. this is a bit of a hack. I left out all of the code i have done for their api.

I will try to enhance the functionality more as i go.

Its pretty basic right now
Shows->Episodes> Play

There is a setting for default quality High,Low, or Ask.
Even in its infancy, this is awesome. It's got Chuck and The Office! Thanks man!
Works great on my xbox. Thanks.

edit: While I'm making my first forum post in this thread I might as well thank you for all of your other plugins that I've been using as well. Really, you're a true asset to this forum and xbmc and one of the main reasons I've been lurking here.
NBC might try and block thier content on HULU but look what we have here ...shhhhhh keep this one quiet Wink
matt_ Wrote:NBC might try and block thier content on HULU but look what we have here ...shhhhhh keep this one quiet Wink
well honestly this is just kinda a hack right now. they reveal the pid with ease. when the proper method to obtain it has alot more hoops to jump through. they could stop this pretty easily right now.

i got the real api figured out but part of it uses AMF and i have it working for one step but i'm not configuring the parameters to pyamf correctly for the next.
i have all the values right but i am new to using pyamf . i am reading the docs now trying to figure out the problem so i could release a better versions with more videos.

once i get this one bug figured out it will be a little harder to stop and prettier with more categories and search options.
I know this is kind of a noob question but I can't find the answer. When I start the svn repo installed there is nothing to install. There are no enties at all.

I'm using the 2-18 t3ch build

I don't know if I have to change where the installer is pointing or change another setting? I would really like to get this to work.

Is there somewhere I could just download without using svn repo installer ?
You have to download the updated svn repo and replace the old one.

Here's the link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911
OKAY, OKAY, I'm sorry! I apologize BlueCop for insulting the hell out of you the other day over nothing. It was my fault I got pissed over nothing and you're right, I advertise too much about Navi-X.

Let me also say I tried your NBC Plugin and it's freakin sweet! I stand corrected for talking bad about you or your work and I hope to see more of your works! In fact I was wondering if I could get a link to your archive of plugins so I could add them to Navi-X if that's cool with you. I hope you can forgive me for flipping out like that. My bad.

iRoNBiLL
Your plugin is very nice and I had a wondeful surprise, even this the http://www.bnc.com does a filiter on IP outside US, your plugin allow to watch the video outside US.
Thanks a lot!

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Temhil: i believe this is a happy side effect of the shortcut i used to obtain the episode pids. i wouldn't get comfortable with it.

the proper method i am implementing probably won't work international but since the rtmp servers aren't geo locked you could probably use a proxy just for geting the pid and then stream directly from the server.

you could keep using this full episode only version but none of other content i am adding though the proper api won't be available because i can't use the same shortcut to get the pids.

anyway we'll know more once i get this one amf post working correctly.
-fixed: episode information bug

plot should show up for shows now.

updated on svn repo
Ok i implemented a new method to get the pid properly with pyamf and i committed it to the svn.

I need some international users to test something for me this time. the default mode uses pyamf and does everything the proper way. the international mode is just like the previous versions shortcut for full episodes.

INTERNATIONAL USERS
i want international users to test regular mode and post if it works in so i will know if i need to keep the international mode in there.

US USERS
i have only implemented full episodes in regular mode right now. lots of new content coming soon NBC has a lot of good extra content in their vault. i can get the pids for all videos now so i will be adding alot of more options.
I know it's been said before, but thank you soooo much for becoming addicted to making great plug-ins and helping to expand the greatness of XBMC. Your work is highly appreciated!
i just wanted to bump to repeat my request for an international user to test this new method and post if it works. i want to know how i should proceed in development process. i am going to merge all my nbc universal scripts now rather then later and i can't help support any international usage without feedback. if i can't get responses then i will just remove the separate international mode and proceed with development because it makes no difference to me personally. if any international folks want to beta test new stuff drop me a pm.
I am not an international user, but I wanted to mention something regarding the NBC plugin. As a boxee user, the plugin is working quite well, with the exception of 2 things. One, on a previous build, you had the season/episode number in the title, but the latest build (at least, my snapshot) does not (only the name of the episode). Would it be possible to get that back? It's very handy since it sorts it chronologically.

Also, there seems to be minor problem after selecting the (High/Low) stream, boxee begins to buffer and then pops up an error stating 'failure to retrieve data', or something along those lines. The stream still plays fine, so its not a huge deal. It may even be a problem with boxee (0.9.9.5324). I can post a log later if you are interested.

Thanks for the excellent work on the plugins!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NBC plugin for XBMC0