[RELEASE] NBC plugin for XBMC
Thanks i didn't know my plugins even worked at all on boxee.

i have an appletv which i run boxee and an xbmc svns on. i haven tested the scripts on the xbmc but i am excited to try them with boxee. i will try to work out some of the bugs

I know about the episode & season information. i plan to add it again. I just released this quickly so i could try to get a tester to see if their amf gateway is geolocked or not.

In fact the whole script is rather hackish anyway. i am a very bad coder.

It will be more future proof when i actually code the correct procedures to get the config for rtmp servers, fcs ident, and various configuration information meant for the flash player. right now much is hard coded which isn't the correct way to do it.

a couple bugs exist right now with amf mode. those being 1. multi season shows aren't displayed correctly. 2. season, episode, and, plot information aren't present like in version but still are in international mode. all these will be fixed shortly. i am just cleaning up an implementing th

can you adjust plug in settings anywhere on the boxee? if so switch back to international mode for right now and the plot and season,episode numbering should return.
Yes, in boxee's 'bleeding edge' build (0.9.9.5324), in the 'App Box', I can configure the plugins (I had to add the plugin manually by adding it to my sources.xml). Strangely enough, International mode seems to not have the error pop up.

With International Mode off, I get the following error in the boxee logs:
18:21:40 T:2684407808 M: 24121344 ERROR: CGUIWindowBoxeeBrowse::OnMessage, NEWUI, GUI_MSG_LOAD_FAILED
In the boxee UI, it pops up an error stating "Loading Error Failed to retrieve data". Clicking OK makes it go away.

Like I said, the stream plays perfectly fine, so its kinda odd. This error also pops up in your USA plugin as well.

On a side note, the 'default.tbn', looks kinda bad in boxee, so I swapped them out with another image. Other than that, things are working great in boxee.

Thanks a lot!
Nice. I would love too see clips and web exclusives too. Big Grin
liquid64 Wrote:Yes, in boxee's 'bleeding edge' build (0.9.9.5324), in the 'App Box', I can configure the plugins (I had to add the plugin manually by adding it to my sources.xml). Strangely enough, International mode seems to not have the error pop up.

With International Mode off, I get the following error in the boxee logs:
18:21:40 T:2684407808 M: 24121344 ERROR: CGUIWindowBoxeeBrowse::OnMessage, NEWUI, GUI_MSG_LOAD_FAILED
In the boxee UI, it pops up an error stating "Loading Error Failed to retrieve data". Clicking OK makes it go away.

Like I said, the stream plays perfectly fine, so its kinda odd. This error also pops up in your USA plugin as well.

On a side note, the 'default.tbn', looks kinda bad in boxee, so I swapped them out with another image. Other than that, things are working great in boxee.

Thanks a lot!

So what did you add to your sources.xml to make this work, and where did you put the plugin folder? Thanks!
Of course, this is only for the AppleTV, but edit:
/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/BOXEE/UserData/profiles/<profilename>/sources.xml

and add under the videos category:
Code:
<source>
            <name>NBC</name>
            <path>plugin://video/NBC/</path>
            <thumbnail>/Applications/Boxee.app/Contents/Resources/Boxee/plugins/video/NBC/default.tbn</thumbnail>
            <private>false</private>
        </source>
the plugin goes in:
/Applications/Boxee.app/Contents/Resources/Boxee/plugins/video/
BlueCop Wrote:i just wanted to bump to repeat my request for an international user to test this new method and post if it works. i want to know how i should proceed in development process. i am going to merge all my nbc universal scripts now rather then later and i can't help support any international usage without feedback. if i can't get responses then i will just remove the separate international mode and proceed with development because it makes no difference to me personally. if any international folks want to beta test new stuff drop me a pm.

Hi, just got back off holiday and seen your great plugin. I'm in the UK and just tried My Name Is Earl and so far it seems to work great - I'll give a few more shows a go and let you know how it's doing but very well done so far, no idea how you managed to get it working for people outside the US but good work fella!
hey bluecop,

i'm an international user (from canada), and maybe i can test as per your request.

what exactly should i do?
plug-in now part of NBC-Universal plug-in
please direct all posts to that thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47113
Hi bit of a noob here - running 8.10 Atlantis - installed plugin all shows list fine but when i choose an episode (any show) it gives me the quality option then just goes back to episode list without anything happening - I am outside the USA would this cause this
jimmyp Wrote:Hi bit of a noob here - running 8.10 Atlantis - installed plugin all shows list fine but when i choose an episode (any show) it gives me the quality option then just goes back to episode list without anything happening - I am outside the USA would this cause this
This is the wrong thread. Please read the post above yours. this plugin is no longer available.

Atlantis does not have the rtmp lib. you need a newer build.
"NBC Universal" replaced this plugin, and some others.
further discussion should take place here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47113
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NBC plugin for XBMC0