[ATV] XBMC install problems
Question 
Im trying to install XBMC on my apple tv v2.3 with a patchstick made in windows with atv-win-1.0.b11 . When my firmware was previously 1.0 it would freeze on install and prompt for the penbuntu login. So i updated my atv to 2.3 and it no longer recognizes the patchstick. It loops boots to the ATV logo and gliches and freezes. Is the problem with my flash drive or do i need no downgrade to atv 2.2?
Do a full restore:

1. Press and hold both Menu and Menu down/scroll (-) on the Apple Remote for 6 seconds or until the status light blinks amber.
2. Choose a language.
3. Choose Factory Restore.

Also recreate the patchstick (also what brand, size and model no. is the USB drive? - could be hardware).
The Flash drive is a um, 256Mb generic POS i got from some school that wanted me in their CompSci Dept. So im gonna pick up a PNY attache should that be ok?

And do i want to install XBMC over ATV firmware 1.0, 2.2, or 2.3?
Wraith88 Wrote:The Flash drive is a um, 256Mb generic POS i got from some school that wanted me in their CompSci Dept. So im gonna pick up a PNY attache should that be ok?

And do i want to install XBMC over ATV firmware 1.0, 2.2, or 2.3?

Launcher is not supported under atv os 1.x. Needs to be 2.x versions. So take your pick.
So the problem is my flash drive? probably that 256Mb is too small right?
And if i buy an attache drive assuming it works, i can install on
atv 2.3 fine?
Wraith88 Wrote:So the problem is my flash drive? probably that 256Mb is too small right?
And if i buy an attache drive assuming it works, i can install on
atv 2.3 fine?

256MB is fine, never said it was not.
Sorry for the problems i just bought a 4Gb Sandisk Cruzer Ti+. It worked fine after removing the U3 software and reformatting.
While i've got this thread does anyone know if its possible to add themes to XBMC in ATV. I love Aeon and heard the new build is coming out this month. I havent found a guide. Because it probobly matters, im a windows dude and would use putty not terminal. Thanks
Wraith88 Wrote:Sorry for the problems i just bought a 4Gb Sandisk Cruzer Ti+. It worked fine after removing the U3 software and reformatting.
While i've got this thread does anyone know if its possible to add themes to XBMC in ATV. I love Aeon and heard the new build is coming out this month. I havent found a guide. Because it probobly matters, im a windows dude and would use putty not terminal. Thanks

Yes, themes work. You need to copy the folders over to:

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/

I use WinSCP to do my copies.
2 more questions for anyone else who wants to help

- Can i plug a usb keyboard in, or a USB HDD
- And why is XBMC not scraping (downloading any info at all for my movies or tv). It works fine on my XBMC installed on my windows pc.
Dont know if this matters but all the media is shared off my UPnP AV TVersity server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] XBMC install problems0