Stark Screens
I can't help to notice that the borders are kind of pixly. Is it a XBMC feature or skin feature to include anti-aliasing? Eek
wsoderberg Wrote:I can't help to notice that the borders are kind of pixly. Is it a XBMC feature or skin feature to include anti-aliasing? Eek

It doesn't look like that on my screen
smcnally75 Wrote:The TV section isn't complete yet. It looks pretty much the same as the movie section at this point.

I know, I just hadn't seen anything in list mode yet.

jtap06 Wrote:Ya, in my opinion it would look a lot better if the seasons were only shown once. Still looks beautiful though!!

Any screens of the episode view? Haven't seen any of those yet.

Yea, there were some screenshots of it in list mode here. And thanks onesojourner! It looks awesome in 1080p.
manturafs Wrote:man, i don't remember what the code is, but i swear it exists. however for certain wraplists, i thought code was implemented so that it doesn't repeat items if there are too few visible. for example, here each season is repeated more than once instead of just being shown. am i wrong? i'm not at home so i can't test this on mediastream, but i thought it was discussed.

either way, great job! my mouth is watering for this too!

I would very much like to know how to make each season/tv show/movie only display once, even if there is enough on the screen to make each item only display once I still don't like the idea of it repeating.

If anyone has any more info on this I would like to hear it. Huh
As far as I know it's impossible to stop the wraplists repeating. You could fudge something using the numitems and stringcompare functions, but making it consistent and reliable would be another matter. Likewise, you could get the List thumbs to scale up and down according to how many items there were, but when could you use it? There's no way for a skin to know if the songs you're looking at only have one thumbnail between them; it can't even tell if you're looking at a single album in Files view. And if you used the Songs condition in Library view, what's to say the songs are in a single album rather than a compilation or playlist, in which case the thumbnails might be different?

In short - and correct me if I'm wrong - there's a long way to go before XBMC can do this properly. And besides, how would you maintain symmetry in Showcase with an even number of icons? There's a lot to consider.
manturafs Wrote:man, i don't remember what the code is, but i swear it exists. however for certain wraplists, i thought code was implemented so that it doesn't repeat items if there are too few visible
Please let this code exist!
Use a fixed list rather than a wraplist.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I actually tried out the fixed list today for horizonz, but after messing around with it, I decided I just liked the wrap better.. Unless there's a way to keep the list centered somehow.. Still new at this so I dunno..
Stark.. making your pirate material look less bootleg... Laugh

honestly, this does look nice, but I wonder how long it will take people to get used to it. The font, and textures are nice, but it's the art that has a big impact on how this skin looks I think, I think it carries it a long way. How long before people get fed up with their art sets?

Not to be a hater but I think scrolling up and down will always be easier than left and right on a main menu, especially since you have all your sections visible (and static) on screen and no scrolling required.

xtv and PM3 are gems for that.
Everyone has there own opinion of how a UI should operate, but very fee can pull it off well. Duncan has done a great job and it is probably one of the most user friendly skins available on top of being a fantastic looking skin.
It looks great. The episode views are a little less impressive than the movie view though. In a perfect world, there would be a hybrid skin: Aeon Stark for movies and MediaStream for episodes.
PantsOnFire Wrote:honestly, this does look nice, but I wonder how long it will take people to get used to it. The font, and textures are nice, but it's the art that has a big impact on how this skin looks I think, I think it carries it a long way. How long before people get fed up with their art sets?

I don't think people will get bored with their art sets as long as they keep adding new ones while they add new movies. Aeon looks awesome, but it's very high maintenance. But the great thing about it is that the more effort you put into it, the better it looks.
CHiM Wrote:I don't think people will get bored with their art sets as long as they keep adding new ones while they add new movies. Aeon looks awesome, but it's very high maintenance. But the great thing about it is that the more effort you put into it, the better it looks.
Why do people make comments on subjects that they obviously don't know anything about?? It's no more high maintenance than any other skin. When you add movies and scrape for them the fanart automatically gets added.
until xbmc adds some of these features -big.png studio tags ect it is a little higher maintenance but its totally worth the effort.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
don't forget about Canadians.

We spell things funny to Smile

Canada - Color
American - Colour

See *makes my head woddle* eh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stark Screens0