Bad Aspect Ratio on CRT widescreen TV
Hi All,

I am new to XBMC, been recommended by various friends and have to say it really is exactly what I have been looking for.

But, I seem to have a problem with the aspect ratio of video files.

I have a relatively old Toshiba widescreen CRT TV 36" connected to the ATV by component.

When viewing anything in the basic Apple TV interface everything looks great - with the correct aspect ratio etc. (trailers/pictures/youtube/...)

When viewing video files from the XBMC interface everything except the menu screens stay in a very narrow strip in the middle of the screen - this includes full screen recordings.
I have tried all the different screen settings but they don't seem to make any difference on my TV and cannot find any settings for aspect ratio's etc. I have tried altering the screen adjustment settings to try to manually stretch the picture but also with no change.

I am using the latest Apple software and the latest XBMC software updated today.

Is this just a problem due to my TVHuh? Changing the screen settings directly on the TV also does not change the ratio.

If I connect a DVD player via component the picture size for video files is as it should be

Any ideas...

Thanks in advance

Mick
Ok - so I missed the menu accessed from within the video player. Rolleyes

Sorry to waste anyones time - now it looks perfect

Now it really is the best media player I have used.

Mick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bad Aspect Ratio on CRT widescreen TV0