Returning sheepishly from PLEX...
The big thing missing from library mode has always been user defined categories, the ability to separate your library into discreet sections and have them listed on the main menu with separate genres and cast lists etc. (and allowing you to hide or show them based upon profiles). It's a massive redesign of the library system and the ui so it's no surprise that it's not happened.

I have a feeling (I'm not 'in the know' so it's just a guess) that this is the next big thing for Plex, moving the library into Plex Media Server and allowing for that level of customisation. All this transitional stuff that is going on now is just painful though.

The other thing missing from library mode is adding stuff to the library when it doesn't scrape. If a scraper doesn't find a match it should be added with the file name as the title, it's a pain in the bum scanning 1300 items and finding you have 1194 entries in your library and then having to manually audit the files against the library to find the stuff the scraper missed.

Of course the next step on from that is the ability to manually edit the fields in the library so that you can add misc items like home movies. :-D
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
jmarshall Wrote:Plex uses the XBMC scrapers, so you're wrong on that front. They have not altered them at all.

maybe the scraping issues are just a problem between build dates, but for several videos I can get thumbnails for the same folder name using the same scraper in Plex and I don't get any results from XBMC.

As for the scraper settings, this is what I was referring to...

What do you mean. You cannot get these options in XBMC?
What version?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The scrapers in XBMC and Plex are the same.

The TVDB is slow lately and it times out, Plex has increased the timeout value so it returns info when XBMC doesn't

The IMDB scraper in XBMC defaults to "use impawards" and in Plex defaults to "use MovieposterDB", it returns different posters as a result, you can change the setting in XBMC.

Not sure if you can change the timeout value for tvdb in XBMC, but the issue there is a tvdb one not an XBMC one.
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
sho Wrote:What do you mean. You cannot get these options in XBMC?
What version?

i'm using atlantis (8.10bf1) on the appletv and as a backup to plex on the mac.
criti Wrote:i'm using atlantis (8.10bf1) on the appletv and as a backup to plex on the mac.

Do you have checked MoviePosterDB in XBMC? I think it's checked by default on Plex, but not on XBMC.
criti:
Please answer both questions.

Choccy:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...network.3E
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46578

But we really should have a GUI visible timeout warning.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
migueld's suggestion fixed the thumbnail issue.

the scraper settings are fixed too.. just me being retarded i guess.
criti Wrote:migueld's suggestion fixed the thumbnail issue.

the scraper settings are fixed too.. just me being retarded i guess.

Not your fault, I found out the hard way too. Hopefully this will be fixed sometime in the near future Nod tmdb.com seems to be going pretty slowly though come onnnnnnn Wink
migueld Wrote:Not your fault, I found out the hard way too. Hopefully this will be fixed sometime in the near future
What exactly?
sho Wrote:What exactly?

The lack of thumbnails and/or lack of good thumbnails. Currently XBMC has MoviePosterDB off by default which reduces the quality and amount of thumb choice considerably. However, even if MoviePosterDB was on by default, it has too many foreign banners and the user ends up with foreign thumbnails by default. So in both cases there are issues.

A possible solution is using TheMovieDB, but the site has some issues for me, such as missing movies and MPAA ratings.

Lastly, I was forced to use Media Companion, which combines multiple scrapers and gives the best of all worlds. IMDB data, TMDB thumbs, etc etc.

Perhaps a good solution could be integrating multiple scrapers, for example IMDB for info, and TheMovieDB for thumbs?
Of course that is being done in a way today, since all fanart is from TMDB.

TMDB thumbs should maybe be an option in imdb scraper settings, lets hope a dev looks favorably our way.
migueld Wrote:A possible solution is using TheMovieDB, but the site has some issues for me, such as missing movies and MPAA ratings.

That's only your own fault. The content is community based and the developers are VERY open to modifications. Do your part!
althekiller Wrote:That's only your own fault. The content is community based and the developers are VERY open to modifications. Do your part!

Oh come on, I hope you are kidding there Rolleyes. The certification API (MPAA etc) doesn't exist yet and yes it's been suggested by users a long time ago. I also voiced my support for such feature. I'm an active contributor to content in both MovieDB, and TVDB.com. I'm doing my part Wink and there is nothing else that I can do, so it's not my fault Rolleyes

We are all doing our best here, and I think most of us appreciate all the hard work everyone does, especially knowing that this is an open and free community.

Having said that IMHO XBMC itself can do something about it hence my suggestions. Given the current limitations of scraper providers, perhaps a multiple-scraper implementation would be advantageous. We would be combining years of IMDB data, with quality-conscious thumbs from MovieDB. If and when MovieDB grows into a giant IMDB (and that takes time) perhaps we might not need IMDB anymore.
I don't like the idea to add external sources to our only "open source" scraper.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Returning sheepishly from PLEX...0