[LINUX] Scripts on linux XBMC?
Howdy,

I've tried two scripts so far on my gentoo linux XBMC (svn 17947) without success. Both are complaining of path issues (ex: T:/script_data/...). I've so far been unable to find the magic combination of paths/permissions and am wondering if I might be chasing my tail as I haven't found anything that has stated that scripts do work on linux XBMC. So does anyone know the if I should expect either all scripts to work, most scripts to work, rare scripts to work, no scripts to work, or only scripts that explicitly state they work on linux to work?

Also could some kindly soul confirm for me these path mapping for linux. I think the following are correct:

Q: => /usr/share/xbmc
T: => /usr/share/xbmc/userdata
P: => /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata

Still new to XBMC and couldn't find the answer to these question in the forums or on the wiki.

Thank you,
Roy
Which scripts are you using and where are you installing them?
I've tried DVDProfiler and Navi-X. I've tried installing them in:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/Common Scripts

The later is symbolically linked to /usr/share/xbmc/scripts

The DVDProfiler script always starts up with a garbled error box but the last line is clear saying
Code:
No such file or directory T:/script_data/DVDProfil...

and yes, the path is truncated as shown.

Then when trying local collection mode, I get this error box:
Code:
Local Collection file missing
T:/script_data/DVDProfiler/cache/collection.xml
I currently have the collection.xml file in two places:
Code:
-rw------- 1 xbmc users 20371075 Mar 13 18:54 /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/script_data/DVDProfiler/cache/collection.xml
-rw------- 1 xbmc users 20371075 Mar 13 23:03 /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/script_data/DVDProfiler/cache/collection.xml

The Navi-X script gives the following error on startup:
Code:
Error
Python script failed:
special://home/scripts/My Scripts/Navi-X/default.py

:o I just found the problem with Navi-X, bad file ownership. It is working now but DVDProfiler still is not.

So I think my main question was answered in that I now have a script that works. I probably should take the DVDProfiler problem to it's thread.

Thank you,
Roy
Glad to see Navi-X works for you in Linux Roy! Have a good one!

iRoNBiLL
The old xbox internal mappings are obsolete.

Q:\ -> special://xbmc : XBMC's install dir (default: $prefix/share/xbmc)
T:\ -> special://masterprofile : masterprofile dir (default: special://xbmc/userdata)
P:\ -> special://profile : Currently active profile dir (default: special://masterprofile)
althekiller Wrote:The old xbox internal mappings are obsolete.

Q:\ -> special://xbmc : XBMC's install dir (default: $prefix/share/xbmc)
T:\ -> special://masterprofile : masterprofile dir (default: special://xbmc/userdata)
P:\ -> special://profile : Currently active profile dir (default: special://masterprofile)

Thank you, that clears up a lot.

Overall I'm very impressed with XBMC. A great big THANK YOU to all who have created it!

I know it's been said before, but Navi-X is way too cool! Now I just need a faster internet connection! Big Grin

Have fun,
Roy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Scripts on linux XBMC?0