• 5(current)
A New Skin Concept
Hi guys,

Sorry that I can't reply to each comment (it's a time issue), but I greatly appreciate your kind words and suggestions. I've been a bit busy. Anyway, here are some ideas for the home screen:

I prefer the first one much more.

I'd like to see a bolder font as well, but I might be alone on that Smile

Edit - to be clear, I like the font, but the weight needs to be bolder IMO.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
+1 for the first layout. I'd really love to see this skin come to life. I hope you can find a good (and fast) Wink coder.
I much prefer the second but maybe with the menu at the bottom or top of the screen and i like the use of the fonts it looks very different from any other skin i have seen thus farBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I love the simplicity of all of your mockups. clean, simple but still stylish. keep up the great work and grab yourself a coder Wink
I love the subtleness of the tv guide, it's pure art, one can only dream...

Why does it seem to be so much reluctance to pickup this concept and develop it into a skin?

I guess no one can deny that as a design this is a thing of beauty, so why not the ones "in the know" take it further?
Jaco2k Wrote:Why does it seem to be so much reluctance to pickup this concept and develop it into a skin?

I guess no one can deny that as a design this is a thing of beauty, so why not the ones "in the know" take it further?

But we were waiting for you, you haven't begun?
Thought you would have been done by now?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:But we were waiting for you, you haven't begun?
Thought you would have been done by now?

Hi there,

Let's not misinterpret or bend the meaning of my comment, shall we?
1. If I could contribute more, trust me, I would GLADLY be doing it. I work in the localization testing business as a manager for the Technical team. Unfortunately, although I understand programming concepts, I cannot code - otherwise, I would.
2. Nowhere in this thread has been a hint of any of the developers that they would be willing to pickup this project so it is safe to guess that there is no interest
3. By asking I am not demanding (far from me...) but more wanting to know if there is/are going to be any actions or it is just never going to be made.
3.b It is enough to say "No, we won't make it" or "Yes, we plan to do it but currently there is no time", similar to what MediaStream developers did - "Yes, there are bugs to fix but we don't have time right now - we know and we will fix them". This, at least for me, reassures me that something is happening as opposed to seeing a thread with a great concept that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
4. My interest here is exclusively in pushing forward this initiative and I don't think I have ever been impolite about it.

What exactly was your contribution to this thread, Topfs2? Or did you just mean to take a jab at me? Wink
Jaco2k Wrote:Hi there,

Let's not misinterpret or bend the meaning of my comment, shall we?
1. If I could contribute more, trust me, I would GLADLY be doing it. I work in the localization testing business as a manager for the Technical team. Unfortunately, although I understand programming concepts, I cannot code - otherwise, I would.
2. Nowhere in this thread has been a hint of any of the developers that they would be willing to pickup this project so it is safe to guess that there is no interest
3. By asking I am not demanding (far from me...) but more wanting to know if there is/are going to be any actions or it is just never going to be made.
3.b It is enough to say "No, we won't make it" or "Yes, we plan to do it but currently there is no time", similar to what MediaStream developers did - "Yes, there are bugs to fix but we don't have time right now - we know and we will fix them". This, at least for me, reassures me that something is happening as opposed to seeing a thread with a great concept that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
4. My interest here is exclusively in pushing forward this initiative and I don't think I have ever been impolite about it.

What exactly was your contribution to this thread, Topfs2? Or did you just mean to take a jab at me? Wink

My contribution to this thread is that I have said to phyek I'm more than willing to code for him, despite I'm not a skinner, as I like the skin. I also, somewhat relevant to this, do code for XBMC in general.
I know more people have said they are interested in coding this skin aswell.

The reason for not making this skin is not an issue of willingness, but of time. phyek for instance is involved in designing of another skin, XPerience, so I would imagine the little spare time he has goes to it. SO the subtle, sarcastic hint I was trying to make was that it's an open source thing, if you want it you should volunteer or wait patiently Smile

I do excuse if you felt personally attacked by my response, it wasn't my main intent. And rereading it it might have been to harsh and unclear Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Jaco2k Wrote:Why does it seem to be so much reluctance to pickup this concept and develop it into a skin?

Jaco2k,
Thanks for the comment. Several members (including Topfs2) have expressed interest and offered to help, but it's just that we haven't had time yet.
Thumbs Up 
phyek Wrote:Image
That home screen is simply pr0n in my eyes Nod ...look what you made me do, now I have to go wipe myself Laugh

[EDIT]: To clarify, I was referring to the text and layout of the home screen, not the picture of the guy Rolleyes

...please replace the background with something neutral for the mockups, like a half naked woman Rofl
Topfs2 Wrote:My contribution to this thread is that I have said to phyek I'm more than willing to code for him, despite I'm not a skinner, as I like the skin. I also, somewhat relevant to this, do code for XBMC in general.
I know more people have said they are interested in coding this skin aswell.

The reason for not making this skin is not an issue of willingness, but of time. phyek for instance is involved in designing of another skin, XPerience, so I would imagine the little spare time he has goes to it. SO the subtle, sarcastic hint I was trying to make was that it's an open source thing, if you want it you should volunteer or wait patiently Smile

I do excuse if you felt personally attacked by my response, it wasn't my main intent. And rereading it it might have been to harsh and unclear Smile

Cheers,
Tobias

Thank you for your reply (and pythek's one also) - everything that has been said in both your latest post and pythek's one now makes much more sense.
I don't mind waiting (be it one month or one year...) provided I know something IS happening Wink
...and good to see that it seems the people who actually matter (i.e. those who can actually code the thing also share the opinion it is worth doing.

...now I will crawl back under my stone and wait patiently Wink

Cheers and... props to you for recognizing that you were not 100% fair to me. Smile
Gamester17 Wrote:That home screen is simply pr0n in my eyes Nod ...look what you made me do, now I have to go wipe myself Laugh

[EDIT]: To clarify, I was referring to the text and layout of the home screen, not the picture of the guy Rolleyes

...please replace the background with something neutral for the mockups, like a half naked woman Rofl

Haha
Excellent man very clean and nice just like all of your work. high five.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A New Skin Concept18