• 1(current)
A New Skin Concept
Lightbulb 
Hi. This is a concept that I started for a VMC plugin which never went anywhere, so I revised it for XBMC (just came across XBMC a few days ago). The goal was to keep it simple, stay away from unnecessary lines/boxes, and use mostly gradients for separation. The type still needs work but these are just mockups. Anyway, check out the screens below and let me know what you guys think.

Phyek

TV Guide interface just for fun
Looks really nice and clean. Do you have a mockup for the lists view?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Dang, really nice.

I really liked the TV Guide, great that you have thought about if because hopefully sooner rather than later we will have TV Guide in XBMC
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I love the last view that that has the timer bar and shows a screenshot.

I have been wanting that for a very long time now. Does anyone know of a skin that currently has that implemented?
That is an extremely good looking concept...if that was made I'd put it up there in my top 3 for sure.
Yes that does look VERY good indeed.
Oooh, I love it. Especially with the TV Guide view, this would be a great theme for the new MythTV. Check it:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI
Mmm, very Gran Turismo 5. Great use of type, though a few of those labels would need repositioning to support longer file/music titles. That angled wall view would be a system killer with all those thumbs, too.

Still, draw it all up and I'll code it for you in a week.
I would love to see what homescreen ideas you have for this skin.

djh_ Wrote:Still, draw it all up and I'll code it for you in a week.

That seems a bit optimistic, even for someone as highly skilled as yourself.
awesome looking concept. I love the look of that angled wall view, but like djh said, I can't imagine it running well on ANYbody's system Sad Maybe if xbmc supported quad core processors, but so far I don't think it does
timdog82001 Wrote:awesome looking concept. I love the look of that angled wall view, but like djh said, I can't imagine it running well on ANYbody's system Sad Maybe if xbmc supported quad core processors, but so far I don't think it does

Well for the thumbs it should ideally only matter how much gfx horsepower (and gfx ram) you have, it might take some time to load them all up though. But I don´t dare to say it to certain as I haven´t looked through guilib to much.

I think it should be doable, or rather. It must be doable because that view is dead sexy Smile
Wallviews works good and this would be perhaps 8x more thumbs, I still think a recent enough of gfx will handle that.

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Angled wall view is killer. And it would probably do just fine on the linux/vdpau branch.
jonm42 Wrote:Angled wall view is killer. And it would probably do just fine on the linux/vdpau branch.

I don't think the menu screens are drawn any differently in the VDPAU branch. VDPAU is a video decoding method for certain video codecs.
theophile Wrote:I don't think the menu screens are drawn any differently in the VDPAU branch. VDPAU is a video decoding method for certain video codecs.

To verify, VDPAU is ONLY used when decoding video.
In menu´s both vdpau branch and normal linuxbranch we rely on OpenGL

Cheers,
Tobias

Love it!!! great looking skin....I would use it if it were a real skin.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A New Skin Concept18