• 3(current)
A New Skin Concept
phyek Wrote:Thanks for the comments all, I appreciate it. Do you guys like having info/description/list text on the left or the right side of the screen? What other views/screens would you like to see? Also, is the font big enough (I'm shrinking the images from 1080)? Any other suggestions/criticism?

Djh, and anyone else, if you ever have the time to code in the future then that would be cool. Just let me know and I'll finalize all the screens and upload the PSDs. Later on if there's time, I can make an interface mockup video in After Effects with screen animation suggestions (if you'd like).

Re: left/right -- why not make it configurable? re: font, again, if possible, make it configurable.
phyek Wrote:Thanks for the comments all, I appreciate it. Do you guys like having info/description/list text on the left or the right side of the screen? What other views/screens would you like to see? Also, is the font big enough (I'm shrinking the images from 1080)? Any other suggestions/criticism?

Djh, and anyone else, if you ever have the time to code in the future then that would be cool. Just let me know and I'll finalize all the screens and upload the PSDs. Later on if there's time, I can make an interface mockup video in After Effects with screen animation suggestions (if you'd like).

I would love to see the following Smile
  • Homescreen
  • Pictures view
  • Music views

All of those would have been really cool to see, Also filemanager perhaps?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
jonm42 Wrote:I would love to see the following Smile
Re: left/right -- why not make it configurable? re: font, again, if possible, make it configurable.
That would be cool, but up to the coders (that's if anyone even takes up on it).

Topfs2 Wrote:I would love to see the following Smile
  • Homescreen
  • Pictures view
  • Music views

All of those would have been really cool to see, Also filemanager perhaps?
Cool. I'll try to get those done.

Here is another 'shelf' view idea (maybe each shelf row can go by a letter and move to the right/left independently):

Selected movie slides up to reveal the title:

At slight perspective:

Any other ideas?
The shelf view is a great take on the wall view. I could see some nice animations happening with it. Maybe when the info screen is called the shelf slides back vertically to be almost parallel with the 'floor', if you will, leaving the selected poster art vertical. I hope that made sense. Laugh

Another view I would love to see is a rolodex type kind of like the album art view used in Aeon and Stark. Or maybe a 'Time Machine' look, where the posters appear full on and slide forward / backward. This video found here illustrates this a little better. Skip forward to around 22 seconds.

Oh and +1 for configuring the placement of the text. If this isn't possible, it should be but I'm sure there is some difficulty involved, my vote would be text on the right. I just looks stronger that way.

Your mockups definitely look great and I really hope someone has the time to make it a reality!
This looks great! I love the takes on the wall views we all know. If I where you I'd talk to Djh, to see what you 2 can realize (if he's done with Stark, and still has some energy left. ;-) )
Because the big question is: can it be done.
Joy In Repitition
as far as I know, you can't separate the different letters like you're talking about for shelf view. Cool idea, but I'm pretty sure that's an XBMC feature request.

I love the angled perspectives of these wall views though, they look great.
I love the angled view with the info on the right hand side. I've been wanting a simple wall-type view that's delivers the info without any user interaction - like pressing a button. Makes it easier for others not used to the system to drive it.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
I hope somebody helps you code this theme, its simply looks amazing.
Please keep going, its looks fantastic.
Amazing work phyek!
Hope someone can help you code
Looks amazing...when can I have it Wink
Here is a small bump to keep the momentum going - would love to see this one working also.

Great concept! Smile
Any developments Phyek? would be nice to see this vision of yours being made into
a skin as it looks greatSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
that looks amazing, im wondering how it would look on my xbox.... the small fonts usually arent very clear, even though im on a 52", i think because it is LG rear projection.... but PM3 looks amazing, so it has always been the best looking on my box
I'd love to see what you have in mind for the main menu and tvseries section.
The small fonts could indeed be a "problem" being difficult to read if you're sitting on the sofa controlling the htpc.

Please don't let this concept die and please don't start to try to please everybody by adding endless views. Keep it simple Cool
Now that djh has 'finished' Aeon maybe you two could collaborate on this ?.

The mock ups look absolutely stunning Shocked
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A New Skin Concept18