White/Blank Screen on load..
Star 
Yesterday I read about your program on a forum. I came directly to your site and downloaded your software, installed and began to browse around in the forums. I tried to run the program, at which point all I got was a 'Blank' or white screen, which had the words XBMC Media Center in Light Orange followed by - - -. I waited for several minutes to see if it was simply loading. I got nothing. I then downloaded 'jesters' version at which point I got the same thing with no scrolling text...

I searched the forums for an answer and found many combinations of the problem, like 'blank screen when switching to Full screen' and vice versa but only one thread which was about compiling the program actually stated the screen was blank and remained so accompanied by instructions on what to change when compiling the program. Searching for an answer to the issue offered no resolve for my issue. So I am posting here today.

I have currently uninstalled the program as I could not get it to work at all, and I am hoping I can find a solution as the package seems very attractive and I am actually hoping to use this with the 'Aeon' Skin eventually, as it will go with the system quite nicely..

System Specs..

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX: 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
CPU Type: Mobile Intel Celeron M 390, 1700 MHz (17 x 100)
Motherboard Name: FIC NM3500W
Motherboard Chipset: VIA CN700 / P4M800 CE / P4M800 Pro / VN800
System Memory: 1984 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)
DIMM1: Patriot Memory 1 GB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM2: Patriot Memory 1 GB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
BIOS Type: Phoenix (05/31/06)

Display
Video Adapter: Live Mesh Remote Desktop Curtain Driver
Video Adapter: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP (64 MB)
Video Adapter: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP (64 MB)
3D Accelerator: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor ( used @ 1280 x 800 Resolution )

Multimedia
Audio Adapter: Realtek ALC655 @ VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

XBMC Version
File Name: XBMC_for_Windows-8.10.exe,
Download Date: 03.14.09

Thank You.
Does your video card support opengl 1.4 (or whatever the minimum requirement is nowaways)? Try updating the driver.
I don't think any of VIA's chips/drivers support an appropriate level of openGL to run XBMC. Pretty much any cheap nvidia addon should be fine though.
Thanks thats all I need to know...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
White/Blank Screen on load..0