Stark Screens - Localisation Topic
I'm working on the Brazilian Portuguese translation of Aeon. Contrary to what many think it was not a case of simply translating the strings.xml. Portuguese has a lot of special sings and some unusual lengthy words and phrases... But thankfully djh_ and other members of the beta test community have been generous and they gave me a helping hand on various occasions. So here are some of the screens of it:

Hopefully the other translators will post screens of their work (Korean Aeon looks as sexy as it gets).
Nice just to get a taste of what XBMC users from others countries watch.
Here is a couple of Aeon screenshot with Korean translation.

Finding all those posters (HQ?) in the native language is quite impressive.
Steve_McQueen Wrote:Finding all those posters (HQ?) in the native language is quite impressive.

If you are referring mine, actually all posters are from Korean movie scrapers that I made. Takes about 10 minute for scrapping. Original posters from the scrapers are about 600x900.
Well that is even better isn't it. Wink
Good work on that.
Huhu!!
Thx Discaciate!!! "Viva os brazucas"
Wow that looks great! I am looking forward to using Traditional Chinese Stark. The Korean is the closest example to my language I've seen so far. So the text is a Unicode that contains all of the different languages? Or will I have to modify the font as I've done with the other skins? Thank you very much, djh and beta testers.

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

What is this image? http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/237787/ak02.png

Is it a movie, or musicians or what? Looks cool
ethan_9219 Wrote:What is this image? http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/237787/ak02.png

Is it a movie, or musicians or what? Looks cool

Umm from the same screen shot I would assume it is of the band/group that is playing "Girls Generation".

EDIT: From a quick Google search I can confirm that, not my kind of music. :p

But it does look nice in Aeon (Then again what doesn't?)
Hi all,

If someone with access to the beta and some time Wink could post a screen shot of Stark in French I would really appreciate it. Home / Configuration menu / Library views would be perfect.
Thanks!

@+,
Sha!
Anyone doing the Portuguese (european) translation?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Some screenshots in Slovene would also be nice. Smile
xbs08 Wrote:Anyone doing the Portuguese (european) translation?

Nope. ASFAIK I'm the only Portuguese speaking beta tester. But I'm sure it will be an easy task to translate into European Portuguese using my Brazilian Portuguese translation as a starting point.

Shaman and Villan: Sorry but the skin isn't translated into those languages yet. But I have to add that both languages use a lot of Diacritic signs, and a lot of the work that I'm doing involves making those sings look good on Aeon. So in a way, part of the work to translate it into those languages is being done.

Anyway this is what you get:

I'm Portuguese too and I would love to see it translated to Portuguese from Portugal of course. Not because of me cause I like every thing in English (it just looks and feels better) but maybe my family would appreciate it Tongue

Since you seem the only beta tester, what do you say of doing both languages? I mean, probably 80% of the text does not need to be changed and we (Portuguese people) could help you out translate whatever you need to pt_PT...

I understand if you don't want to do it, for whatever reasons you might have Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stark Screens - Localisation Topic0