Library mode: Movies are fine, but not TV
Ok, nice to know.
But are you planning to follow any of my suggestions or am I just talking to myself here?
(and no, I did not suggest you rename the directory).
Movies are different beasts than TV shows, so what works there is no guarantee of the same working for TV shows.
I have no experience with the IMDb TV scraper, you might want to try theTVDB scraper (if the site is up).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Ok, nice to know.
But are you planning to follow any of my suggestions or am I just talking to myself here?
(and no, I did not suggest you rename the directory).
Movies are different beasts than TV shows, so what works there is no guarantee of the same working for TV shows.
I have no experience with the IMDb TV scraper, you might want to try theTVDB scraper (if the site is up).

Wait.... I'm sorry, the MP4 directories are the ones that have the content set on. Was that the recommendation you were referring to? Did I miss any? I have read/followed the wiki regarding the naming conventions. I should be home tonight and I'll be able to mess with it a bit.

04-01-09
0831 EDT
Maybe having the year in a directory name throws scraper off?
OK, I was able to get my debug log up for you guys... Check it out!

http://pastebin.com/f6f0a3a1d

04-03-09
1231 EDT
12:22:52 T:3012 M:1388797952 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://192.168.1.250/media/tv shows/mp4/South Park (2006)/

A dev will have to decipher what this means exactly, but it's not promising.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I can't for the life of me figure out why you have the 2006 in "South Park (2006)." The year thing is a scheme for the movies folder. South Park is a show that's been running since 1999. I don't necessarily think that's the issue here, since the scraper (I assume you are using TheTVDB, right?) does find the actual show, just not the episodes.

Have you been able to play the episodes in file view? Not just have them show up, but actually play them?

The way I see it, assuming you are scraping using TheTVDB, you've got one of three issues.

First, the host computer is not giving XBMC access to the top folder. If this is the issue, you might go to the host computer and change access settings to either owner or contributor. I don't believe XBMC needs to write anything to the folder, but anything is worth a try.

Second, somewhere, in one of those directories, an nfo file exists that is screwing up the scraping. As you said, you don't think there are any nfo files anywhere, so that's probably not it. Nevertheless, doing a search on the "tv shows" directory couldn't hurt.

Third, for whatever reason, XBMC hates your folder structure. I would start to fix this by deleting the "2006," as it serves no purpose. If that doesn't work, I'd move the South Park folder down one level, delete the "mp4" folder, and set content on the "tv shows" folder. If that doesn't work, I'd set content on the "South Park" folder and tell XBMC that the folder contains a single show.

Fourth (bonus suggestion), if you set content on the "mp4" folder, make sure you didn't accidentally say the "mp4" folder "contains a single show." If you did, it'll look for episodes from within the mp4 folder itself. In fact, it may very well look for the 6th episode from the 20th season of South Park in that case, and that episode does not exist.
natethomas Wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why you have the 2006 in "South Park (2006)." The year thing is a scheme for the movies folder. South Park is a show that's been running since 1999. I don't necessarily think that's the issue here, since the scraper (I assume you are using TheTVDB, right?) does find the actual show, just not the episodes.

Have you been able to play the episodes in file view? Not just have them show up, but actually play them?

The way I see it, assuming you are scraping using TheTVDB, you've got one of three issues.

First, the host computer is not giving XBMC access to the top folder. If this is the issue, you might go to the host computer and change access settings to either owner or contributor. I don't believe XBMC needs to write anything to the folder, but anything is worth a try.

Second, somewhere, in one of those directories, an nfo file exists that is screwing up the scraping. As you said, you don't think there are any nfo files anywhere, so that's probably not it. Nevertheless, doing a search on the "tv shows" directory couldn't hurt.

Third, for whatever reason, XBMC hates your folder structure. I would start to fix this by deleting the "2006," as it serves no purpose. If that doesn't work, I'd move the South Park folder down one level, delete the "mp4" folder, and set content on the "tv shows" folder. If that doesn't work, I'd set content on the "South Park" folder and tell XBMC that the folder contains a single show.

Fourth (bonus suggestion), if you set content on the "mp4" folder, make sure you didn't accidentally say the "mp4" folder "contains a single show." If you did, it'll look for episodes from within the mp4 folder itself. In fact, it may very well look for the 6th episode from the 20th season of South Park in that case, and that episode does not exist.

The year in the movie's directory was part of a lot of trial and error. I've since removed it. Yes, I'm using TheTVDB as my scraper. Yes, I've been able to play the episodes when I browse them via the file view. NTFS and Share permissions are set to allow EVERYONE full control.

I renamed the MP4 directory and it seems to be fine. I'm not sure why it works for the movies and not the TV shows but whatever...I'm grateful. Well, all seems fine now.... Thanks for the help from all of you.

04-05-09
0842 EDT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode: Movies are fine, but not TV0