• 108(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
I need some guidance on the tv show portion of this program.
The scan finds the appropriate shows and downloads season thumbs but isn't recognizing the episodes.

Naming scheme is (for example): Dexter/Dexter.s01.e01
I also tried: Dexter/Season 1/Dexter.s01.e01

From the searches I've done on the forum it seems others use this same scheme but for me it says 0 shows with no episode info at all after a scan. But the show itself does appear.

Currently I'm using the .2916 build but I've had this issue with the last couple so I don't think it is a version issue.

EDIT: Kind of working. To be clear the naming scheme uses DVD formating
Dexter/Dexter.s01.e01/Video_TS/VTS_01.vob
When I use
Dexter/Dexter.s01.e01/Dexters01e01.vob
it works.
The . between Dexter s01 e01 must be removed.
So how do I setup MIP to use the DVD format?
Must I rename everything to remove the . ?

Finally, the .nfo and .tbn files.... Can they be set up be just be called movie.nfo(tbn) like movies?
Since I use the Video_TS folder and VTS_01.vob names, I would want them named that way.

Thanks
Rabid_Child Wrote:I need some guidance on the tv show portion of this program.
The scan finds the appropriate shows and downloads season thumbs but isn't recognizing the episodes.

Naming scheme is (for example): Dexter/Dexter.s01.e01
I also tried: Dexter/Season 1/Dexter.s01.e01

From the searches I've done on the forum it seems others use this same scheme but for me it says 0 shows with no episode info at all after a scan. But the show itself does appear.

Currently I'm using the .2916 build but I've had this issue with the last couple so I don't think it is a version issue.

EDIT: Kind of working. To be clear the naming scheme uses DVD formating
Dexter/Dexter.s01.e01/Video_TS/VTS_01.vob
When I use
Dexter/Dexter.s01.e01/Dexters01e01.vob
it works.
The . between Dexter s01 e01 must be removed.
So how do I setup MIP to use the DVD format?
Must I rename everything to remove the . ?
Thanks

you can enter in a custom regex into MIP as well as into XBMC so it'll look for the . between the items.
this one should work
Code:
[-Ss](\d{1,4}).[-EeXx]([0-9]+)
fekker Wrote:you can enter in a custom regex into MIP as well as into XBMC so it'll look for the . between the items.
this one should work
Code:
[-Ss](\d{1,4}).[-EeXx]([0-9]+)

Thank you that does in fact work well for the .'s. However it doesn't work with the .../Video_TS/VTS_01.vob

I was thinking that the regex would be the answer though. But I am not a coder at all and would never have figured out the line of code you provided. So if I may ask for your help again, how can I tell it to look for the directory structure I have? Is it even possible?

It will not accept VTS_01.vob as it is currently setup. I'd like to tell it to use the folder name for the look up and just ignore the .vob file name. Ideally, it would name the .nfo and .tbn files as movie.nfo or .tbn But even naming it VTS_01.nfo or .tbn is acceptable as long as it places it in the correct folder.

Long ago I did this with XBMC Companion and it worked but for some reason I can no longer get that program to work. Plus I've come to prefer this program anyway.

I feel as though I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be but I'm not sure how else to explain it. Thanks for the help
Thanks for the reply. Just one thing left: updating library does involve manually deleting those two files on the XBMC? ( I can't get it done without)
What would cause MIP to "update" everytime I load my TV shows? I've tried hitting just "Load Shows" and "Update Shows" and I can't get my current info to just load in the app. Also, is there a way of making the wget process silent, instead of numerous dos boxes opening and closing? Smile
noikz Wrote:What would cause MIP to "update" everytime I load my TV shows? I've tried hitting just "Load Shows" and "Update Shows" and I can't get my current info to just load in the app. Also, is there a way of making the wget process silent, instead of numerous dos boxes opening and closing? Smile

Good questions. I have often wondered if there is just a way to scan your tv episodes in without it fetching info from thetvdb.com again.
There are options on the amount of days before it fetches new content i think but it would have been nice for it to just load your episodes in from the disk when it starts up.

There is a tick box for wget, however it doesn't work.. Whenever I tick it and save, the next time i start mip its unticked again.. I kept forgetting to report that..
I admit I stopped following this thread closely some time ago and now I'm not sure. Has the music sort wizard been fixed in any of the recent releases? I mean the problem with Various artists' records being moved to directories named, for instance, "Various the Beatles Various Artists".
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Has the bug with x64 windows been fixed yet where the splash screen comes up but the program never loads?
tv show updates.. mip was designed the way that the shows are working, and it's a pain sometimes, initial loads of big collections take alot of time..
i could rip out the tvshow section and replace it with something else, but the work is better spent on getting umX's core completed. Media Companion gen 2 will soon have tv show support, based on the umX core, so that'll be an option for folks to use. There's a bunch of us working together for umX Big Grin

haven't done anything with music, but soon enough i be moving on to that in umX so please remind me Halibutt, i'm sure it's something i spaced.

x64 is better, but still slow to open, it will open though and work, just the initial load time is crazy. it's an error in kyrpton toolkit that's used for the graphics stomping on some other part of the form load. try the 2.1.1 build, it uses the new toolkit.

thanks
fekker
I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. After changing stuff like background and poster in MIP and saving, XBMC does not show these changes, I even tried deleting all files in the movie folder, but XBMC keeps showing the "old" pics, I can even see the new pics being saved in the movie folder. How do I get XBMC to use the new pics created/saved from MIP?
2. What do I have to name a local trailer for MIP to "find it"?
3. Is it possible to remove tags like DVD or Xvid after having added them?

I use 1 folder for each movie, for instance "Angels and Deamons"
KOROR Wrote:I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. After changing stuff like background and poster in MIP and saving, XBMC does not show these changes, I even tried deleting all files in the movie folder, but XBMC keeps showing the "old" pics, I can even see the new pics being saved in the movie folder. How do I get XBMC to use the new pics created/saved from MIP?
2. What do I have to name a local trailer for MIP to "find it"?
3. Is it possible to remove tags like DVD or Xvid after having added them?

I use 1 folder for each movie, for instance "Angels and Deamons"

xbmc caches the posters etc and doesn't do a very good job of noticing when they have been updated.
google cache thumbnails xbmc you will see info on what to do, plenty of people have asked that question before Smile

Isn't there a tag selection drop down menu where you can change tags etc?
I am having a problem with custom regexps in MIP. I think it is just a problem with how I am using the regexps though :\

I have a ton of files named like:
THE X-FILES - S05 E11 - KILL SWITCH NTSC DVD DD2.0 x264 MMI

and MIP does not bring it up automatically so I tried:

[Ss]([0-9]+)[\ \\.-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$

and

[Ss]([0-9]+)[\ \\.-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)

and both do not work :\. Is there something wrong with the regexps?
@Kilack

Thank you for you answers.

Quote:Isn't there a tag selection drop down menu where you can change tags etc?
Yes there is a selection drop down menu, but there is not an option to remove tag, so thats why i was wondering if it were possible to remove at tag?
Allen626 Wrote:I am having a problem with custom regexps in MIP. I think it is just a problem with how I am using the regexps though :\

I have a ton of files named like:
THE X-FILES - S05 E11 - KILL SWITCH NTSC DVD DD2.0 x264 MMI

and MIP does not bring it up automatically so I tried:

[Ss]([0-9]+)[\ \\.-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$

and

[Ss]([0-9]+)[\ \\.-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)

and both do not work :\. Is there something wrong with the regexps?

both are valid and should work, it's picking up the x264 again for some reason.. i'll look into it
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/d...1.2941.zip
- tested and fixes the regex issue on tvshows

Halibutt - can you pm me the details (or post them) on the music pitfalls in mip, it'll help me not make the same mistakes in umX
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7