• 127(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
I've got several (5) shows that have only one season (there wont be any more in the future.
i tried getting the info using MIP, but it fails to add .nfo files for the episodes.
how should i set this up?

2 well known shows that i have under these conditions are 'Berserk' and 'Densha Otoko'
I have previously asked about difficulties in locating TV Show Episodes through MIP due to file naming structure but I think I may have a better way of asking my question.

It basically boils down to:
Is there anyway to identify an episode based on folder names?

I have a DVD folder structure TV Shows\TV Show Name\Season XX\TV Show Name.sXXeXX\Video_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB

I am thinking that if what I want is possible at all it is through the RegEx but I'm not sure exactly how to make it read folders not file name. Previously when I was unable to get MIP to recognize the episodes I figured it was due to the . in my naming structure.

If I change the name of the .VOB file to match that naming convention Show Name.sXXeXX.VOB it still does not work in its current location.
If however I move it up out of the Video_TS folder then it does find the episode. TV Shows\TV Show Name\Season XX\TV Show Name.sXXeXX\Video_TS\TV Show Name.sXXeXX.VOB

If I leave the file name alone, keeping it VTS_01_1.VOB and bring it up out of the Video_TS folder it is found but MIP says it is unrecognized and asks me to rename it.

I want to leave the structure/file names completely intact and have MIP determine from the folder what episode it is.

I have played around with UMM a little bit and by removing "ignore folders VIDEO_TS" from the config file it was able to find episodes with renamed .VOB files but not if they had the original VTS_01_1.VOB name. So that program is at least leaning in the right direction for me.

Media Companion actually seems to accomplish this but then my issue with it is in the renaming function. It renames the files to put in the episode title. I'd ultimately like to have it rename the folder to include the episode title but not mess with the file names. Additionally Media Companion creates .nfos and .tbns based on the file name. I like MIPs option of just using movie.nfo and movie.tbn

Please let me know if going about this through the folder name is possible and if so how.

Thank you
for MIP if your show can't be found
create a text file called tvdbid.txt and put just the tvdb id in there .. save the file to the tv show directory.

Video ts episodes
should work in UMM but haven't tested that part, try with svn 563 as there's been alot of fixes in there .. let me know if it still doesn't work correctly and i'll dig into it, it should be looking to the folder name as a fallback, also please pastebin the log (it's pretty verbose and will help isolate what we missed)
.. it might not like the VIDEO_TS subfolder, please try both ways and post results..

whichever is the case, I'll make sure UMM supports it and it works.
I've been trying to add a show (Extreme Engineering). MIP scanned it and all the files seem to be there. I can see all the seasons and episode information in the MIP interface, but XBMC just won't seem to add them.

I've tried deleting all the info and rescanning, trying to add it on different instances of XBMC but nothing seems to work. All of my other shows work awesome

Any suggestions?

Thanks
weird, if the .nfo's are created correctly it should be working.

can you pastebin the xbmc debug log as well as the tvshow.nfo and one of the episode .nfo files
Thanks for the fast reply

pastebin url: http://pastebin.ca/1786219

So XBMC adds the show but not the seasons or episodes, just the show info, so the folder is empty in XBMC
Kid Eh Wrote:Thanks for the fast reply

pastebin url: http://pastebin.ca/1786219

So XBMC adds the show but not the seasons or episodes, just the show info, so the folder is empty in XBMC

I think you'll need to either rename your files or add another tv episode expression that works with (02x04) format in xbmc .. might want to double check with one of the xbmc dev's.

To confirm this is the issue, try renaming one of the files, removing the ( and ) from the filename, and see if xbmc then picks it up.

this part of the log is what lead me to this
#
2\TV_Extreme Engineering (02x04) Oakland Bay Bridge [DVDXVID].avi
#
12:46:16 T:7000 M:4294967295 DEBUG: could not enumerate file C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\TV\Extreme Engineering\Season 2\TV_Extreme Engineering (02x05) Iceland Tunnels [DVDXVID].avi

therenamer does a nice job at renaming the files in bulk for shows, there's a few others as well.

I try to stick with sXXeXX format myself.
fekker Wrote:I think you'll need to either rename your files or add another tv episode expression that works with (02x04) format in xbmc .. might want to double check with one of the xbmc dev's.

To confirm this is the issue, try renaming one of the files, removing the ( and ) from the filename, and see if xbmc then picks it up.

this part of the log is what lead me to this
#
2\TV_Extreme Engineering (02x04) Oakland Bay Bridge [DVDXVID].avi
#
12:46:16 T:7000 M:4294967295 DEBUG: could not enumerate file C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\TV\Extreme Engineering\Season 2\TV_Extreme Engineering (02x05) Iceland Tunnels [DVDXVID].avi

therenamer does a nice job at renaming the files in bulk for shows, there's a few others as well.

I try to stick with sXXeXX format myself.

SWEET! that did it, I guess i assumed because MIP scanned and read the files that the format was good, I usually stick to the sXXeXX format but if I don't need to rename things I don't. Thanks alot!

I saw the Universal Media Manager link underneath your name, is that better than MIP? I'm guessing it does roughly the same thing.
I realize that UMM is the thing now and that MIP is pretty much old hat but I'm probably going to keep using it until I can't.

At this point I only have one issue. One of my series is setup in such a way that there are 2 seasons in DVD order but only 1 in aired order.
Now I've used season nfo files to force dvd ordering but mip refuses to make nfos for them.
Any simple workarounds before I make the files by hand?
UMM is in function alot like the other media managers out there.

Here are some key differences
- MIP was a dev team of 1, with lots of folks helping to test and providing feedback.. UMM is a team of devs, with some super talented folks working on the many facets of things
- UMM will have plugins and addon's to support a bunch of features using mono addin's
- UMM will have a UPNP server to stream the data to multiple Media Centers (that will be coming later)
- UMM will support Movies, TV Shows, Music, Home Videos, Games, Emulators, Music Videos and more.
- UMM has a server option with a remote client, allowing you to manage your media in many different ways
- UMM uses XBMC scrapers, allowing a huge amount of options for where to get the metadata and images
- UMM is cross platform and works under Windows and Linux, OSX will work correctly, but has some weird issues right now and is hard to do development without having a Mac to test it under.
- UMM supports a bunch of different media centers, including XBMC (and it's spinoff's), YAMJ, Freevo and more.
- UMM will support multiple database options, including mysql, sqlite, and others
- UMM may support MKV wrappers of media that embed the information into the mkv file, making a single file with all the metadata and images.
- UMM is modular and supports many different interfaces, from a web UI, to windows forms, native linux, and others thank's to SOAP and remoting options.
- MIP's code was a mess, UMM's is much much cleaner and more organized, I'm still guilty of some bad code Big Grin, but I'm learning and we have professional grade tools that help keep things in line.

hikaricore Wrote:I realize that UMM is the thing now and that MIP is pretty much old hat but I'm probably going to keep using it until I can't.

At this point I only have one issue. One of my series is setup in such a way that there are 2 seasons in DVD order but only 1 in aired order.
Now I've used season nfo files to force dvd ordering but mip refuses to make nfos for them.
Any simple workarounds before I make the files by hand?

It could be that the tvdb info is not coming back correctly, or the dvd info is missing. As a test, please load that show with some fake files in UMM as it'll show you what information is available from the tvdb at the episode level.

You can also use UMM to generate the files, a ui is still way easier then manually creating them. UMM doesn't support DVD order yet, but it does allow scraping by episode id (the tvdb unique id for the episode)

OR Big Grin.. just tell me the show and which you have dvd and which you have aired orders for and i'll see how it looks from the data (i'm still trying to figure out how to handle the dvd order in UMM, suggestions are more then welcome)

Here's the latest build of UMM

SVN Build: 1.0.0.574 - fixed season 0 not being loaded
I've uploaded the 574 build to Sourceforge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/universalmc/files/
I'm not using UMM nor will I be any time soon. It's a pain in that ass to get working properly on linux and since I have mip working already there's little point.
When UMM has native binaries I might give it a shot, but it's just not what I need right now. Windows binaries that will run under wine does not make it cross platform.
Unless they've been compiling the linux builds wrong the only thing they contain is a bunch of windows libraries and executables.

Anyway this is why I asked about MIP.
The dvd info on thetvdb is correct, trust me. The problem is that there is no season 2 in aired order but there is in dvd order.
Anyway here is the series, if you check dvd order it is clearly set with proper season and episode numbering:
http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=sea...&order=dvd
If you think linux is a pain, try the OSX and Mono install, yuck.

But, it's not using wine at all, it's using Mono as the CLR which is nowhere near the same as wine. There's a huge difference in how that part works, but I do understand that it's doesn't work in the same manner as native apps do on either Windows or Linux. http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Under Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 it's pretty easy to get going.. 9.10 is easier as Mono comes installed and only a few other options need to be installed as well.

I know, abit off topic, but hey we have put a ton of work into UMM, I know I've spent more then 6 months on it and I think it's coming along.

Let me take a look at the series and see what I can find out.
Hey don't get me wrong, I see the work that's been put into it and I have a lot of respect for that.
I am familiar with mono but not really in depth with my knowledge of it. Any attempts to run any part of UMM causes it to run through WINE.
Removing wine makes it unable to to execute. Like I said, I'm not super familiar with mono but it seems like things are a little bizarre with the builds I've tried.
hikaricore Wrote:Hey don't get me wrong, I see the work that's been put into it and I have a lot of respect for that.
I am familiar with mono but not really in depth with my knowledge of it. Any attempts to run any part of UMM causes it to run through WINE.
Removing wine makes it unable to to execute. Like I said, I'm not super familiar with mono but it seems like things are a little bizarre with the builds I've tried.

Yeah, I need to document things better for sure
for umm to start its
mono ummclient.exe

I'll put a script in it one of these days, like the example one in the forums, i'll also be renaming the .exe files to something else (not sure what extension to use, but not .exe as it's confusing, it could be .poop and it'll still run under linux Big Grin)

For the tv show, I double checked using UMM to grab the data so that I could view it in the cache database, 95%~ have all the dvd info in there, so that should be working in MIP.

I'll have to fire up MIP and see what's up with that later tonight (dinner time)
I just assumed that mono would handle the execution of binaries overriding wine or in place of wine if it was missing. >.>
It never occurred to me to start it that way. I'll see how I can manage now that I've actually got it running and see if it still crashes out on me.

*** edit: you could always name them .mono Wink **
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7