• 84(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
garvani Wrote:Yea thats basicaly it, because its only looking for the actual studio, all the extra /720p/xvid etc etc throws it right off.. and some how stops it from working altogether

Hmm... i don't see what CapnBry's code has to the studio tag in your .nfo file?

I'm more worried about the <streamdetails> section MIP creates.
CapnBry's code will use this info if it's available instead of extracting the metadata from the movie files.

Now this doesn't have to be a problem, but at the moment CapnBry and fekker are using slightly different
videocodec & audiocodec names and also the aspectratio value is different.
So if skinners don't take this into account, you'll see very little results.

Also keep in mind CapnBry's code doesn't support DVD's (vob files) yet.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:Hmm... i don't see what CapnBry's code has to the studio tag in your .nfo file?

Im just taking information given from the official mod that got put into svn. Have you taken the time to read about itHuh

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52581

Specifically this:
For those using media manager applications to create NFOs
If you stored any additional stuff in your Studio tags then this mod will not display any Studio images for you. Instead of using many many images and show them based on the studio tag this mod uses the studio name itself to find the studios logo! You should be able to just update your NFOs and then repopulate the database."
thank you guys for this magnificent piece of software. i have
only one problem. one time its working as advertised and the
next time i fire MIP up and load 2 new movies, MIP cant find
those movies @ imdb.

for instance.

if i scrape high.plains.drifter.1973.dvdrip.xvid-rlle with XBMC
internal scraper, the movie is found on imdb. when i try doing
the same thing in MIP, no data could be found. and that keeps
manifesting with more and more movies i add to my database.

i did a few reinstalls, upgrades to latest versions, but MIP simply
(or rather imdb scraper or whatnot) refuses to co-operate. the
only time MIP is working fine is when i deinstall it, install latest
patch, configure MIP from the start and reload all of my movies.
and thats just once. next time i open MIP, no imdb data can
be found for majority of movies i try to import.

for instance, yesterday i had abovementioned problems with this
movie: Hedwig.And.The.Angry.Inch.2001.DVDRip.DivX.AC3-RSE.
first, MIP said no imdb data found. i reinstalled MIP, applied latest
patch yet again, opened MIP, loaded my movies, clicked on that
movie and voila. info, posters, fanart, you name it. working like
a charm!

whats the problem? am i missing something? i tried fooling around
with "replace . or _ with space", but that didnt help. so, instead of
manually opening IE and going to imdb website, copying imdb number
into MIP, refreshing the info and doing so for the next 600 movies,
can someone, please, help me because its darn frustrating for a
program to work once and then fail to do so next time.

also, before this problem started manifesting, i successfully imported
over 100 movies. if i had a movie with a ' missing in its name, of course
imdb cant find no data, thats obvious. but high plains drifter would
have been found then, no doubt. now im stuck with MIP and its
practically useless, beause i have to manually find imdb number for
the exact movie, enter it manually in MIP etc etc. too much of a hassle,
sorry.

also, the window that openes "when MIP cant find the right movie"
for me opened only twice, maybe three times so far. wtf? and thats
after i upgraded to latest version. i closed MIP, opened it again and
i never saw that window again. wtf?

thank you for you time and help. xbmc rocks!
Hey one question: Can some please give me a a Tip which options to choose, to get the corect poster and folder.jpg for TV-Shows to work with Aeon.

I tried difrent ones, and never get a useful result.

thx
Frozone Wrote:Hey one question: Can some please give me a a Tip which options to choose, to get the corect poster and folder.jpg for TV-Shows to work with Aeon.

I tried difrent ones, and never get a useful result.

thx

try refreshing your movies database within xbmc. if you download fanart
with MIP and save all the movie info, you have to refresh your movies
database in XBMC. hope ithelps.
garvani Wrote:Im just taking information given from the official mod that got put into svn. Have you taken the time to read about itHuh

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52581

Specifically this:
For those using media manager applications to create NFOs
If you stored any additional stuff in your Studio tags then this mod will not display any Studio images for you. Instead of using many many images and show them based on the studio tag this mod uses the studio name itself to find the studios logo! You should be able to just update your NFOs and then repopulate the database."

Ahaha. So, the mod was written to use <texture>listitem.studio,flags/studios,.png</texture> instead of the method that the entire fernferret site is dedicated to using.

I don't like it, and I'll tell you why...

Because the current method uses <visible>substring(listitem.studio,EXPRESSION)</visible>. This can be expanded to use more than one Expression, meaning that one image can encompass more than one studio. With the method used in the MOD, you have to have a studio image for every single variation of a studio out there. So you'd need one for Fox, 20th century fox, twentieth century fox...etc.

IDK...I'm probably just being stubborn (as I know the new method is cleaner), but I don't see why Aeon needs to change the way the Studio stuff works yet again.

Personally, I'll just change the code myself. If it's that big of a deal, I'll release my own Aeon mod so you guys don't have to rip out all your skin tags again...and break compatibility with Serenity in the process as well.

Quote:Now this doesn't have to be a problem, but at the moment CapnBry and fekker are using slightly different
videocodec & audiocodec names and also the aspectratio value is different.
So if skinners don't take this into account, you'll see very little results.

Mind you, Fekker added his "support" for CapnBry's features much earlier on in the game...so stuff is def. liable to have changed since then. The Aeon Mod I looked at last night mainly utilizes the resolution, so hopefully, most of the stuff should still work until Fekker comes back and updates things...
krow Wrote:try refreshing your movies database within xbmc. if you download fanart
with MIP and save all the movie info, you have to refresh your movies
database in XBMC. hope ithelps.

With Movies I dont have any Problems.
Its only TV-Shows. As you need Posters and Widescreen as well in Aeon. And there I get problems.

Edit: Problem is that for Aeon Multicine you have to use difrent type of thumbs.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49761
krow Wrote:i have
only one problem.

the problem is that i have original scene nfo files and some of
them have us.imdb links inside them eg hxxp://us.imdb.com/Title?0079944
for instance. it seems that MIP doesnt understand those links.
the solution is to copy that link, paste it into browser, imdb spews
out the correct link and then i have to replace the imdb link in
the original nfo with the correct one. now everything is working
fine.

will you guys be implementing us.imdb links support in the future?
are those links somekind of old version for us.imdb or what?

thanks and cheers
krow Wrote:the problem is that i have original scene nfo files and some of
them have us.imdb links inside them eg hxxp://us.imdb.com/Title?0079944
for instance. it seems that MIP doesnt understand those links.
the solution is to copy that link, paste it into browser, imdb spews
out the correct link and then i have to replace the imdb link in
the original nfo with the correct one. now everything is working
fine.

will you guys be implementing us.imdb links support in the future?
are those links somekind of old version for us.imdb or what?

thanks and cheers

I'd bet that it was just never addressed, and would be an easy fix. However, I'm not the programmer, nor do I know when he's going to be coming back, so I can't tell you when or if it could be fixed for sure. Sorry. Sad
I see that XBMC now supports scraping info by aired date.

Am I correct in assuming that MIP does not yet support this? Fekker went dark before this happened in XBMC, yes?

Assuming that it isn't supported, would you say the best way to use it for now would be to just add a "noscan" file to the appropriate show folders and let XBMC do its thing? Right now Colbert Report and Daily Show are a mess for me.
Please enter a feature request on sourceforge and/or pm me that request (url in .nfo file)

mip scrapes by episode number, please add a detailed feature request with example on sourceforge and i'll add in the feature when I'm back.

I'll fix whatever needs fixin as soon as I can, if it's on the defect list on sourceforge, that's the first place i look.

It's going to be a few weeks yet before i can get back into the swing of things, have alot going on that requires my attention at this point.

In a few weeks i'll get out a patch and also get UMM going

thanks for everyone helping out each other, and specifically digitalhigh while i'm getting things back in order, it seems when life puts ya to the test, it has no bounds.
fekker Wrote:Please enter a feature request on sourceforge and/or pm me that request (url in .nfo file)

mip scrapes by episode number, please add a detailed feature request with example on sourceforge and i'll add in the feature when I'm back.

I'll fix whatever needs fixin as soon as I can, if it's on the defect list on sourceforge, that's the first place i look.

It's going to be a few weeks yet before i can get back into the swing of things, have alot going on that requires my attention at this point.

In a few weeks i'll get out a patch and also get UMM going

thanks for everyone helping out each other, and specifically digitalhigh while i'm getting things back in order, it seems when life puts ya to the test, it has no bounds.

HE LIVES!!! HALLELUJAH!

I'll try to get a list compiled of the various things that have been talked about and submit what I don't see submitted by other. *hint hint*

Glad to see you're still alive, and hope things are working out for you. We have much to discuss. Wink
I apologize if this has been answered, but I was unable to find any info on it (searching Alt titles brought up very little, and titles far too much).

When using MIP, I don't seem to be able to save any info in the Alt Title section. It stays until I close MIP, but then is gone. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Well, it would appear that I'm either terrible at using this program, or terrible at reading directions (or perhaps both). I have now finished entering the information for all of my movies, but when I reload the source into xbmc, only some of the thumbs (posters) are recognized. The plot info that I've changed appears in xbmc, so I think it's reading the nfo's. And the correct thumbs appear when the movies are loaded into MIP. I've tried deleting the myvideo34 and thumbnail files from xbmc, but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, and sorry to trouble you guys with noob questions and rookie mistakes.
srk-mac Wrote:Well, it would appear that I'm either terrible at using this program, or terrible at reading directions (or perhaps both). I have now finished entering the information for all of my movies, but when I reload the source into xbmc, only some of the thumbs (posters) are recognized. The plot info that I've changed appears in xbmc, so I think it's reading the nfo's. And the correct thumbs appear when the movies are loaded into MIP. I've tried deleting the myvideo34 and thumbnail files from xbmc, but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, and sorry to trouble you guys with noob questions and rookie mistakes.

What filenames are you using for your thumbnails? I find that using movie.tbn for everything yields the most reliable results.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7