• 2(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
Well you see .. when it detects.. um.. ok.. yup.. I missed that one Big Grin
stupid question...searched through the old threads and really didn't see an answer...

one i have everything tagged and labeled and fanarted etc, i add the share in xbmc (xbox) and set the content as movies.

in the past, before i found this great program and used the built in scraper, i would select imdb and then hit run automated scan.

what would be the proper procedure now?
The same, xbmc built in scraper wil first look into your movie files for info, thumb and fanart files before scraping from internet.
Tariella Wrote:I love your program. Nod
Are you still working on porting it to mono? The performance in linux on wine with .net is rather poor. I'm putting up with it tough, since your program is geat. But I'd prefer if it would eventually be able to run natively on linux - someday.
Of course for now the new functionality has more priority (even for me).Wink
The mono port is still in early stages, but yes, I do have every intention to create that.
Waffa Wrote:The same, xbmc built in scraper wil first look into your movie files for info, thumb and fanart files before scraping from internet.

ok, i will have to look into it further then. after i ran MIP, did the full precache thing, clicked on some movies, happy with what i saw in MIP, then went over to the xbox and scanned and i got a bunch of random backgrounds, wide icons, box arts, etc.

ah well, i'm new to this program so i still have a lot to learn and a lot to fiddle around with.
Do clear your library first.
Delete MyVideos34.db
located: xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db

And clear thumbs also.
located: xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video

And now set content again.Big Grin
Fekker,

Thank you for creating such a wonderful program. I have been using xbmc in file mode for about 3-4 years due to the fact I do not have highspeed internet at home. Using this program and copying my file directory and creating dummy files I have been able download all information for my TV rips and transfer that data to my network at home.

I am also very excited you are working on a cross platform version of this program. Keep up the good work.
thanks for the tips guys!

just a couple of questions i didn't see covered in the wiki. what is the difference between precache and auto pilot? i'm wondering if i messed a setting up somewhere, first i ran precache, and then i ran auto pilot, so far all of my movies came back with a good fanart/background, but the poster is almost always some random wide icon that has nothing to do with the movie.

i'm guessing that happened because when i did the auto pilot, i put the primary selection as poster, and the second selection as wide icon. perhaps i should do it again but put poster for both. when i go back and look at the ones that automatically selected a wide icon (correct or incorrect), they do have posters available, i wonder why i didn't pick one?
BroChaos Wrote:thanks for the tips guys!

just a couple of questions i didn't see covered in the wiki. what is the difference between precache and auto pilot? i'm wondering if i messed a setting up somewhere, first i ran precache, and then i ran auto pilot, so far all of my movies came back with a good fanart/background, but the poster is almost always some random wide icon that has nothing to do with the movie.

i'm guessing that happened because when i did the auto pilot, i put the primary selection as poster, and the second selection as wide icon. perhaps i should do it again but put poster for both. when i go back and look at the ones that automatically selected a wide icon (correct or incorrect), they do have posters available, i wonder why i didn't pick one?

precache - download everything that's configured in the settings for the movies

auto-pilot - assign images and .nfo's to movies

The auto-pilot is currently limited to the impawards data, which is prob why it used the second option of wide icon.

I'll see about getting the other poster sites working for auto-pilot and get an update out.
ok makes sense! not a big deal, just going through my movies one by one to make sure they are all good. doesn't really bother me, i'd rather do it once and be done with it than trust the xbox to scrape right.
How to disabled this episode.tbn under TV Shows ?
I disabled unter the settings but MIP still download and use it Sad
I run 2.0.0.2800
MrDVD Wrote:How to disabled this episode.tbn under TV Shows ?
I disabled unter the settings but MIP still download and use it Sad
I run 2.0.0.2800

Testing the fix now for rev 2803
There is now a scrapable site for MUSIC FANART!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35471&page=3
digitalhigh Wrote:There is now a scrapable site for MUSIC FANART!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35471&page=3

Cool, I'll try to have a test build up soon with this enabled. I ran into a few snags and "Hotlinking is not allowed" during the test run
---

Update build 2803 - test build - extract to your install directory (make a backup of mediainfoplus.exe before you copy it in there)..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynn5zwooyxo

changes
- fix don't download or use images for tv shows, not recommended as xbmc will try to go get one from tvdb if you don't have one, but it'll work correctly
- new movie detection when manually going through them.. after the usual checks for .nfo's it'll search imdb and give you the option to pick the right movie. Gives details on the movie and a poster (if available) from tmdb so you get a visual as to what it is.. see the screenshots portion for mip on the front page for what the ui looks like

I had htbackdrops started, it's to the point of downloading, after that is just loading it into the fanart picture boxes.. i.e. it was damn close.. but I hit a snag, I can't donwload it without visiting the page that the file is linked from first .. also I forgot to ask the site admin for permission to scrape it.. so it's not enabled at all in this build .. i've since asked permission and asked about the hotlinking part to see if it's possible to scrape.
Update on htbackdrops, back on track for a build tommorrow with full fanart support for music Big Grin
fekker Wrote:changes
- fix don't download or use images for tv shows, not recommended as xbmc will try to go get one from tvdb if you don't have one, but it'll work correctly
- new movie detection when manually going through them.. after the usual checks for .nfo's it'll search imdb and give you the option to pick the right movie. Gives details on the movie and a poster (if available) from tmdb so you get a visual as to what it is.. see the screenshots portion for mip on the front page for what the ui looks like

Thx for the fix i will test it right now, but why you think xbmc will dl it from tmdb ? I selected inside xbmc to create the files itself from the movie/show.

This new seach @ imdb sounds also cool.

Edit: Looks like this new build ends in an loop.

I tested it with in an fresh folder with some TVshows and first it asked me for all the shows via "More then 1 TV Show was found...." than it downloaded some covers and than i had this "More then 1 TV Show was found... " again Sad
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7