• 4(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
hi,

I have a Problem! The build2805 and build2805 does not work either on my workstation (Vista Business 64bit), server(Server 2008 enterprise) or notebook(Vista HomePremium).
If I start the setup (on either one pc) it directly quits (I get this kind of error)!
Anything that could be wrong? All pcs are updated, installed antivirus are NOD32@Server, Norton InternetSecurity 2009@workstation and Norman Antivirus@Notebook.
Maybe you could post a link to MediaInfoPlus 1 because that worked. But I deinstalled it before trying the new one and I don't have the installer anymore!
rPi3/libreELEC | oDroidC2/libreELEC | DENON AVRX2200WBKE2 7.1 | Panasonic TX-P46GW10
Hey bud,
Was hoping to tr out this program and use it for the Music side of my XBMC.
But the software won't run on my Windows Vista

Error: Media Info Plus has Stopped working

Problem Details:
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mediainfoplus.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.2806
Problem Signature 03: 49c527c9
Problem Signature 04: mediainfoplus
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.2806
Problem Signature 06: 49c527c9
Problem Signature 07: 4e
Problem Signature 08: c6
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=5...cid=0x0409
I've some trouble downloading the file, are there more people ? Some error message that the servers are down, yesterday I had the some problem.
Quote:960X540 works good for xbox users
- added to code, coming next rev

Dilligaf Wrote:I have my music set up like this:

music
-A (A-Z alphabetically)
--Artist (Names starting with A)
---AlbumName+Year

I have singles for artists with only one or two songs in the A-Z folders, I have singles for bigger artists in the Artist folder, complete albums are stored in their own folders with year at end. I have some 60,000 mp3s in the collection and the alphabet helps sort it out.The problem I'm having is MIP wants to store fanart one directory up from where the mp3 is and the singles cause this to be wrong, the music folder will get fanart from the singles in A-Z, the A-Z folders will get fanart from the singles in the artist folders and the artist folders won't get fanart if there is singles in them. How are others handling singles in their collections? Is there a way to ignore singles? my files are all tagged completely so the singles have no album name in the tag.

Are there plans for artist.nfo and album.nfo files to be made by MIP? how about the ability to search the internet for missing artist and album images? Right now the artist fanart is spotty at best with many incorrect images, can the fanart that is downloaded have the artist name displayed in MIP to make sure it's the right artist? Also the ability to have the artist image also resized and stored as a folder.jpg would be nice. I know I'm asking a lot and if it's not possible then so be it. Many thanks for all your hard work.

Mike
Maybe a folder called singles instead of an album name. the .nfo's will be supported, my last test they did nothing at all, will have to revisit those.

To search for the images, go into the setup and configuration and enable the option to open google search when adding images or backgrounds (or whatever I called it).

good idea on fanart, cropping images is being a bit of a bear right now, (needed to take covers and crop them to posters for movies as well).

Quote:1. under Setup -> Shows
when you set the TV Show Language to something diff to "en" it is back to "en" after an restart. (think its correct inside the config.xml)
noted, will fix

Quote:2. Mousewheel support inside Posters and Backgrounds would be nice
yeah, that one is a pain as it takes alot to get the focus in the window to use it as it is now.

Quote:Than i have an generell question, which scraper you setup inside xbmc for tv-shows to move the infos inside the db ? When i use tvdb most it crash while reading the *.nfo files from the Show directory. When i remove all .nfo files from the dirs it works and tvdb still use the *.tbn and *.jpg from the folder.
I use the tvdb scraper, it should work fine. anyone else having this problem? what rev of xbmc are you running?

Quote:Edit: Under Movie you called the first field "Editable Title" so i edited it to have the german one but when i reload the infos it overwrite with the one from themoviedb again
when you say reload, do you mean your loading them into xbmc? or that your reloading the data from within mip? .. basically it modify's the name in the xml field for xbmc's display name.

Quote:I have a Problem! The build2805 and build2805 does not work either on my workstation (Vista Business 64bit), server(Server 2008 enterprise) or notebook(Vista HomePremium).
If I start the setup (on either one pc) it directly quits (I get this kind of error)!
Anything that could be wrong? All pcs are updated, installed antivirus are NOD32@Server, Norton InternetSecurity 2009@workstation and Norman Antivirus@Notebook.
Maybe you could post a link to MediaInfoPlus 1 because that worked. But I deinstalled it before trying the new one and I don't have the installer anymore!
that's odd as it's the same installer as MIP has always used.. anyone else having this problem?

wonder if this is just a 64 bit issue..

More versions up on sourceforge..
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=241717

Quote:Hey bud,
Was hoping to tr out this program and use it for the Music side of my XBMC.
But the software won't run on my Windows Vista

Error: Media Info Plus has Stopped working

Problem Details:
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mediainfoplus.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.2806
Problem Signature 03: 49c527c9
Problem Signature 04: mediainfoplus
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.2806
Problem Signature 06: 49c527c9
Problem Signature 07: 4e
Problem Signature 08: c6
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
when do you get this error? during install, when doing something specific, when opening MIP ?

More versions up on sourceforge..
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=241717
Hi Fekker,

Been a very silent user of MIP and all works fine here (Vista Ultimate 64) apart from..... episode thumbs are not saving? In an earlier build I was getting 0 size thumbs - now nothing. All other episode items are ok, the nfo file also reports the correct url for the thumb too.

More interestingly, is there a difference in the way MIP accesses network drives? I work on a unc folder for my TV shows which are hosted on a Windows 2003 R2 share and have seen that in the the event log on the server that MIP has used the ANONYMOUS login when I am doing manual background changes and has caused issues due to authentication. Whereas when scanning, it goes through my workgroup account. If I add the ANONYMOUS user to a higher permission - all is ok.

Apart from all that - awesome program, best manager I've come across.
defrag Wrote:Hi Fekker,

Been a very silent user of MIP and all works fine here (Vista Ultimate 64) apart from..... episode thumbs are not saving? In an earlier build I was getting 0 size thumbs - now nothing. All other episode items are ok, the nfo file also reports the correct url for the thumb too.
this is a problem from when tvdb was returning 0k files, or port 8080 is not making it to you (seems to be the port episode images are being served up on).

check the cache folders for any 0k files

C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\tvdb
press f3 (to search)
click on "what size is it" ..
specify size - at most - 1k
click on the size column .. (sorts by size)
remove all the 0k image files
retry with mip and see if it gets the correct images

-- I'll add a scan into mip that checks for those and removes them automatically

Quote:More interestingly, is there a difference in the way MIP accesses network drives? I work on a unc folder for my TV shows which are hosted on a Windows 2003 R2 share and have seen that in the the event log on the server that MIP has used the ANONYMOUS login when I am doing manual background changes and has caused issues due to authentication. Whereas when scanning, it goes through my workgroup account. If I add the ANONYMOUS user to a higher permission - all is ok.

Apart from all that - awesome program, best manager I've come across.
Not sure why it would do that, but I'd map the network drive, choosing the option to login as xxxxxxx, so it uses the correct credentials.. it should be using whatever the OS is using to connect to the share, it's all stock .net code in that area with no changes on my part... prob a bug in .net

Thanks, with the feedback and help from folks here its sure come a long way.

.. here's what's coming in build 2808 (so far)
added - music fanart resize for xbmc
added - extract image from music file to album art
added - added returned name from htbackdrops to fanart label for fanart images
fixed - sort wizard buttons missing text for some display color schemes
added - studio field to rating field option (for digitalhigh's skin)
fixed - when you set the TV Show Language to something diff to "en" it is back to "en" in the dialog when you go back into settings
todo - add 0k file size check for episode images
todo - command line options for tv show updates
todo - fix image tagging on posters based on AR of image
@fekker

1. i run xbmc 18458 from the VDPAU tree under linux

2. i mean the green button right from the IMDB ID field.
I am using 2806 and episode thumbs are not loading, not sure if tvdb is still having issues or what - are they working for anyone else?
I'm not sure which verison I have installed at home, but its not grabbing episode thumbs either. It is an older release on my box that actually talks with my NAS.
kizer Wrote:I'm not sure which verison I have installed at home, but its not grabbing episode thumbs either. It is an older release on my box that actually talks with my NAS.

Same here, not sure which version but it was the one from a week ago and not getting thumbs
tvdb is working on the thumbs issue
Dude...awesome work on the GUI. This program is SEXY!

One humble suggestion, especially with the media images, is to offer an autopilot again.

Also...is the studio stuff in now? I thought you said rev 2800, but I've got 2801 and I can't find any way to make it go...

And howabout being able to right click on a media image and have a "save as" menu show up? I know I can set it to save media images to any area...but I really only need to save an alt. image as an inlay so the skin will find it.

Awesome, awesome work man. There's a reason I endorse this particular media program. Wink
I've looked through wiki and the program, and searched the forum...but can't find any instructions on how to have the program (with help of imagemagick) reduce file size. Some of the fanart approaches 1MB in size, it would be nice to run it through a quick jpg compression at like 70% quality to knock that down. I thought MIP supported doing this to fanart and posters, etc, but can't find the option.

Is it in there somewhere or must I do this separately?
First of all - what sweet program! Great work!

Just one feature request.. when i scrape the movie folder, all date stamps on folders are messed with.. this way I cant keep track on the correct dates on my folders. Anyway to go around this?
digitalhigh Wrote:Dude...awesome work on the GUI. This program is SEXY!

One humble suggestion, especially with the media images, is to offer an autopilot again.

Also...is the studio stuff in now? I thought you said rev 2800, but I've got 2801 and I can't find any way to make it go...

And howabout being able to right click on a media image and have a "save as" menu show up? I know I can set it to save media images to any area...but I really only need to save an alt. image as an inlay so the skin will find it.

Awesome, awesome work man. There's a reason I endorse this particular media program. Wink
the studio xml changes for shows is in 2807, which is almost done, just having some issues with the command line tv show updater I'm adding in.

i can add an option to add the first x for x for media images via autopilot
for the right click menu, which alt image do ya mean? the thumb file? or just like the big dialog pop up, only with right click?

glad ya like it, it's getting there Big Grin

Quote:I've looked through wiki and the program, and searched the forum...but can't find any instructions on how to have the program (with help of imagemagick) reduce file size. Some of the fanart approaches 1MB in size, it would be nice to run it through a quick jpg compression at like 70% quality to knock that down. I thought MIP supported doing this to fanart and posters, etc, but can't find the option.

Is it in there somewhere or must I do this separately?
Fanart resize for xbmc are in 2807 as well for music fanart.
I'll add a compress option for fanart images, with a selectable amount of compression. I should prob add the xbmc resize for fanart to movies and shows as well.

Quote:First of all - what sweet program! Great work!

Just one feature request.. when i scrape the movie folder, all date stamps on folders are messed with.. this way I cant keep track on the correct dates on my folders. Anyway to go around this?
Thats all os level, changed when it adds something to the folder. I don't think there's anything I can do to change that part, but there should be a folder creation data/time that is not modified for folders you created.
If you find anything on this, I'll certainly see if there's something that can be done.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7