• 83(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
Ah I found the skins, got rid of the red puke thanks god Wink
worked out how to extract the patche but neither file opens. just saus its encountered a problem and has to close.

sigh, i only want to get artist fanart
iamkewl Wrote:I got it to run in Ubuntu 8.10, but when I try to save settings it either crashes or gives me an application error.

Any ideas?

There is a file, "config.xml" in the app folder, which you *should* be able to edit manually if all else fails...

andacin Wrote:Other than the thumbs, one thing I think would be cool to add is automatic imdb selection. I noticed that almost all of my movies ask me to choose the correct movie from imdb, and 99% of the time the correct one is listed twice with the same ID for some reason. Is there a way to check and see if that ID is listed and if so - use it automatically? It would be easier to fix any wrong movies then to make sure every movie is correctly chosen manually.

How are your files named/organized? The only time the program should present you with the option to pick the proper movie is when it can't figure out the name itself...i.e., something in your naming may be throwing it off. This could be the production year, extraneous scene tags, etc...

garyi Wrote:worked out how to extract the patche but neither file opens. just saus its encountered a problem and has to close.

sigh, i only want to get artist fanart

Try the autoupdater:

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/index.php?o...Itemid=54#
Many thanks that one worked a treat but it has not fixed the main stumbling block which is it will not load my music library.

Is there any other programmes designed to scrape music fan art? Thats really all I want.
digitalhigh Wrote:How are your files named/organized? The only time the program should present you with the option to pick the proper movie is when it can't figure out the name itself...i.e., something in your naming may be throwing it off. This could be the production year, extraneous scene tags, etc...

Structure is:

Movies
---Movie Name
------Movie Name.avi

I have no dates or anything in the folder names, just the movie name for both the file itself and the folder its in. Almost every movie I have it asks me to choose the correct one, and 99% of the time its the one thats listed twice with the same ID. Not sure why that's the case though.
andacin Wrote:Structure is:

Movies
---Movie Name
------Movie Name.avi

I have no dates or anything in the folder names, just the movie name for both the file itself and the folder its in. Almost every movie I have it asks me to choose the correct one, and 99% of the time its the one thats listed twice with the same ID. Not sure why that's the case though.

Here's the scenario for this screenshot:
- I loaded my entire library and ran autopilot. I have no other files except the movies in the folders.
- My movies are laid out as I mentioned above (you can see this in the picture)
- Other than about 5 movies, they all ask me to select from the list
- For every one of them, the correct movie is listed twice with the same ID (as you can see in this picture) (also note that I manually selected the movie in this list, it wasn't already selected)

andacin Wrote:Here's the scenario for this screenshot:
- I loaded my entire library and ran autopilot. I have no other files except the movies in the folders.
- My movies are laid out as I mentioned above (you can see this in the picture)
- Other than about 5 movies, they all ask me to select from the list
- For every one of them, the correct movie is listed twice with the same ID (as you can see in this picture) (also note that I manually selected the movie in this list, it wasn't already selected)

You know, now that you mention it, I think I recall a conversation where fekker said something to the effect of "he was going to turn off the auto-checking, but didn't get to it yet?"

My suggestion would be to scan your lib with XBMC as-is. Then export the db back to individual files, which *should* then make .nfo's with the proper IMDB ID's for most everything. Just make sure to check "use folder names for lookup" when you set the content for the folder. Once the .nfo's are in place, I'd wager that autopilot will work much better. Wink
Native HD tag is coming to XBMC. how is this being prepared for?
@digitalhigh: looks like you're the caretaker for now Smile
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
bidossessi Wrote:Native HD tag is coming to XBMC. how is this being prepared for?

Obviously, with fekker's current absence, there's not much that can be done for the current incarnation of CapnBry's work...however, I know that fekker was aware of this development a long time ago, and it looks like MIP should already support the *majority* of what's used by XBMC.

This is the XML schema as listed by CapnBry:
Code:
<movie>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
        <video>
            <codec>h264</codec>
            <aspect>2.399999</aspect>
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>816</height>
        </video>
        <audio>
            <codec>ac3</codec>
            <language>eng</language>
            <channels>2</channels>
        </audio>
        <audio>
            <codec>dca</codec>
            <language>eng</language>
            <channels>6</channels>
        </audio>
        <subtitle>
            <language>eng</language>
        </subtitle>
        <subtitle>
            <language>deu</language>
        </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
</movie>

And this is the XML schema currently generated by MIP:

Code:
<fileinfo>
    <lastupdate>2009-05-17T19:14:29.953125-06:00</lastupdate>
    <version>1.3</version>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>704</width>
        <height>272</height>
        <codec>MPEG-4 Visual</codec>
        <formatinfo>MPEG-4 Visual</formatinfo>
        <duration>2h 4mn 19s 280ms</duration>
        <bitrate>1 432 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.avi</container>
        <codecid>XVID</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>2.588</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language />
        <codec>MPEG Audio</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>128 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>

So, it definitely looks like everything should work, except for the aspectratio, which needs the MIP tag changed to just <aspect>.

Quote:@digitalhigh: looks like you're the caretaker for now Smile

I try my best. I just hate having to tell people that "feature x" isn't supported yet, but most likely will be as soon as fekker's back. Wink
Sorry for the basic question, but as I am new to using Media Info Plus I am not sure what I am running into is relative to my own misunderstanding of the program, or whether MIP or tmdb is having issues ... I'm running MIP 2.0.1.2898. How do I force a 'rescan' of TMDB for new fanart for my movies?

Thanks!
mst3kroqs Wrote:Sorry for the basic question, but as I am new to using Media Info Plus I am not sure what I am running into is relative to my own misunderstanding of the program, or whether MIP or tmdb is having issues ... I'm running MIP 2.0.1.2898. How do I force a 'rescan' of TMDB for new fanart for my movies?

Thanks!

Click autopilot, and make sure all your settings look like so.

This will download fanart for any new movies that don't already have it. Unfortunately, the process only grabs the first image available, so if you're looking for *new* fanart...you'll most likely have to do it manually.
CapnBry's media flagging has made it into the latest svn as of today! yay! native media flagging in xbmc is here!

For it to work though, your studio tag must be clean, which means we are all going to have to scrub our nfo's of the "hacks" in the studio tag.

Question time.. how does one do this!? Im not in front of mip at the moment but im guessing you set mip to disable the studio tag option, and tell it to "update data from imdb studio mpaa/certification" and then hit the update media information only! button?? Correct? can anyone test this out? finishing work in 5 hours.. going to be a lonnnnnng afternoon.
garvani Wrote:CapnBry's media flagging has made it into the latest svn as of today! yay! native media flagging in xbmc is here!

For it to work though, your studio tag must be clean, which means we are all going to have to scrub our nfo's of the "hacks" in the studio tag.

Question time.. how does one do this!? Im not in front of mip at the moment but im guessing you set mip to disable the studio tag option, and tell it to "update data from imdb studio mpaa/certification" and then hit the update media information only! button?? Correct? can anyone test this out? finishing work in 5 hours.. going to be a lonnnnnng afternoon.

I'm working on adding this functionality to my skin as I type this, so I'll be happy to post my results as soon as there are some to be seen.

However, I don't follow as to why the studio tag has to be clean in order for this to work...unless the new feature chokes on the hacked info. I'm re-coding my skin now...then on to re-scanning my library as is. I'll post back ASAP and let everyone know how it goes...

Edit: But yes, that should be how you remove the info. To the three people who may actually be using serenity...this will break other features that require the skin tag...like flagging for the extra media images, and studio icons at the show level...
i have a problem with "certification" for example Spider-Man 2:

Certification: USA:R / USA:Unrated

when i remove "/ USA:Unrated" and save it, it just comes back.

Anyone know how to edit certifications?
digitalhigh Wrote:However, I don't follow as to why the studio tag has to be clean in order for this to work...unless the new feature chokes on the hacked info.

Yea thats basicaly it, because its only looking for the actual studio, all the extra /720p/xvid etc etc throws it right off.. and some how stops it from working altogether

digitalhigh Wrote:But yes, that should be how you remove the info.

Sweet, will give it a go later!
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7