• 122(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
Halibutt Wrote:My bad, I had to screw something up, it says 2916 in miptvupdate.exe, which means it is 2916. I redownloaded 2952, but now miptvupdate.exe crashes (it shows the correct version before that though). And MIP doesn't start at all.

On another issue: in this thread we're trying to revive a PPC remote control application, apparently abandoned by its' creator. It works nicely as far as controlling XBMC goes, but there's some problems I can't seem to be able to sort out. Namely the app runs as a PHP server and it scans the XBMC library and apparently also scans the .nfo files. It should (and for some people it does) also grab wideicons for TV shows and posters for movies, and show them on your PPC or other WM-powered device . Yet, for me it doesn't show any graphics. Someone suggested it's because MIP leaves the <thumb> field empty (in the form of </ thumb>). Any ideas what we're doing wrong? (Check the last two pages, the rest is old and unimportant here).

Cheers

i think you need the 64bit versions of component factory krytpon toolkit dll and / or media info 64bit

i'll take a look at the other thread
fekker Wrote:i think you need the 64bit versions of component factory krytpon toolkit dll and / or media info 64bit

i'll take a look at the other thread
My signature doesn't mention I have 32bit Windows XP, not the 64bit version. The latter wouldn't have made much difference in my setup - and it was more expensive a year ago Smile
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I've had the same problem with version 2916 and now 2941! but MIP refused to load thumbs for new shows, if its an old show that I only just added its fine but with a recent release I have to go to each individual episode and click on the 'reload info' button to get it to do anything which defeats the purpose somewhat. its vista x64 btw.
Same here. It also seems to lose the rating when I reload the thumb.
Okay I seem to be having a nightmare of a time getting MIP running in a somewhat usable state on Windows 7 64bit.

First I downloaded the installer from MIP's homepage and chose the 64bit installation option. That version wouldn't run at all (just maxed out my CPU while displaying its logo).

Then I tried installing the MIP Updater (why on earth I have to install a small application that only updates another small application is beyond me), which didn't work either. "Unable to find the downloaded file" error.

I manually swapped .exe's with one downloaded from the website (2.1.1.2941) which now works barely. I now get a very long load startup, but it does finally launch.

Also everytime I click 'load shows' I have to wait for MIP to download banners very slowly from thetvdb. Why is it doing this? All the shows have banners already, what is it downloading?

Is there any alternative to MIP around? I would gladly use a TV manager with far less features if it doesn't cause half the problems MIP does.

EDIT: Also Windows UAC does not like MIP at all, every time I launch it I have to accept a warning.
yeah episode thumbs for tv episodes dont seem to get downloaded.. been like that for a while now..

all the effort is going into umx i think... no idea when that will see the light though..
64bit versions of windows, be it Vista or 7, suck with MIP, the gui components i used it in are super slow for some reason. It was abit better with the lastest updates, but it's still crap. Not much i can do on that front as MIP and it's gui are way too interlinked to be seperated properly without a lot of dev time.

UMM is coming along, but it takes time. I've prob put 600+ hours in UMM already, yeah it's complicated.

The UI dev is making progess, and we are getting alot closer to having the core of movies done, and tv shows are close already.. this doesn't mean the apps ready for use, although i do use it Big Grin as it helps isolate the bugs first hand.

Here's a cool thing about UMM and tv shows, it's way faster, keeps a local cache database that it updates with thetvdb (so when it's down, your not) and image loading and working with your media are done in a way so that your not going to have to wait on the site to come back up. (database of all the details, using tvdb's update scheme + cache of the images = good)

Wanna help, can't write code, test it for us.. don't want to test, head up to thetvdb and add in dvd orders for your shows, there's way too many with no information.

I'm doing dev in Win 7 32bit and 64bit, Win XP, Linux 8.04, and Linux 9.04/9.10.. so i'm sure this sucker will work fine under 64bit windows (64bit Deb is being a bugger, could use a guru to help isolate the sqlite issues on that one)

And the best part, it's not just me doing the dev work, we have a team of dev's working on it, from the awesome scraperXML (uses xbmc scrapers), brand new scrapers (added to both xbmc and umm), the core, the download manager (so a download won't stop you in your tracks), to the web interface, remote client, server portion, windows client, gtk client (although that one might not be completed as the form works great under linux).
Hmm i'm realy having some problems with MIP, it takes forever to "Load Show". and with forever i mean about 1 to 2 hours.

I have a total of 37 series with about 1,5k episodes. My pc have a 3 Ghz Dual core with 4 GB DDR3 ram, ram so that sould not be the problems.
what takes the longes it the "-- Working on: xxxxxxx" some times it can be suck at the same series for quit some time.

On a last note, how come that after i have done a "Load Show", and evything have been downloadet and so on, that if i click on a series, it starts downloading some banners or somethink like that again?
fekker Wrote:(snip)
Re-reading my last post, I did not intend it to sound as childish as it did. Without meaning to piss on any of the devs hard work, but oh god is MIP a frustrating experience in Win7 64bit. Possibly one of the worst GUI's I've ever seen.

I am so glad to hear UMM is coming along nicely, I had the time to browse the homepage today and it looks amazing. I wish you guys had a list of things people with limited coding knowledge could help with, I've already started to look at state of thetvdb's dvd orders.

Also I had a small idea and was wondering if you guys would ever thing about implementing it to UMM, however it is a bit of a 'grey area' and I apologise now if it crosses the line. How about allowing file names of episodes to be looked up against a database of 'scene' release names(like here)? Seeing as the vast majority of users 'acquire' episodes, it would allow the recognition of most file names without the need of renaming or relying on naming patterns.

Anyway, just a thought.
Doomstone Wrote:Hmm i'm realy having some problems with MIP, it takes forever to "Load Show". and with forever i mean about 1 to 2 hours.

I have a total of 37 series with about 1,5k episodes. My pc have a 3 Ghz Dual core with 4 GB DDR3 ram, ram so that sould not be the problems.
what takes the longes it the "-- Working on: xxxxxxx" some times it can be suck at the same series for quit some time.

On a last note, how come that after i have done a "Load Show", and evything have been downloadet and so on, that if i click on a series, it starts downloading some banners or somethink like that again?

the problem is that it's looking for the information as it's loading the show data, i.e. connecting to thetvdb.com and most of the time trying to get the images that failed (usually timed out) from there. slower there server, slower mip gets.. which is why umm has those areas in different parts (backend thing)

if you change to display mode and uncheck allow icon selection, it'll be much much quicker .. if it's still slow, and your stuff is on a server (or another pc) a gb network connection works wonders to speed things up (this is another area where umm's server rocks, as the ui is just showing the data, the work and loading and everything else runs at the server level.

The other images it's grabbing for the shows when you click on them are the media images (cd image, front cover, etc) you can disable those in the config settings.

Quote:Re-reading my last post, I did not intend it to sound as childish as it did. Without meaning to piss on any of the devs hard work, but oh god is MIP a frustrating experience in Win7 64bit. Possibly one of the worst GUI's I've ever seen.

I am so glad to hear UMM is coming along nicely, I had the time to browse the homepage today and it looks amazing. I wish you guys had a list of things people with limited coding knowledge could help with, I've already started to look at state of thetvdb's dvd orders.

Also I had a small idea and was wondering if you guys would ever thing about implementing it to UMM, however it is a bit of a 'grey area' and I apologise now if it crosses the line. How about allowing file names of episodes to be looked up against a database of 'scene' release names(like here)? Seeing as the vast majority of users 'acquire' episodes, it would allow the recognition of most file names without the need of renaming or relying on naming patterns.

Anyway, just a thought.

no worries, i tried it under vista 64, the biggest POS OS i've ever used, granted it was bloated with HP garbage, but it was horrible (the os and MIP).

It's actually better (if your under vista 64 bit) to run it in sun's virtual box then in the actual OS.

UMM will support RSS feeds, what you do with that data is on you. Feeds can be processed, and links in those feeds downloaded.
UMM will also support auto-sorting of tv episodes, and as long as they are close to the right names, with one of the standard(ish) naming conventions, it does a decent job and putting things where they belong. With some time, and some neat tricks, we are shooting for a really high match rate using open subtitles.org information.

We'll take any help we can, from testing to feature requests, to helping get the information we scrape up to par (thetvdb and themoviedb are key scrapers for most of the apps)

Test sets of data are very helpfull as well.. simple enough to make, just create a 0k file with the show/episode name, and match the standard folder structures (tvshowname/episodefile.avi or tvshowname/seasonXX/episodefile.avi) .. the more that's tested the stronger the app becomes.

i.e. you could take your media, and copy everything (except the media file itself, replace that with a 0k file with the same name) and we have a test set that matches your media.. get a few of those and we make a nice big test set against each build to sort out the issues.
fekker Wrote:the problem is that it's looking for the information as it's loading the show data, i.e. connecting to thetvdb.com and most of the time trying to get the images that failed (usually timed out) from there. slower there server, slower mip gets.. which is why umm has those areas in different parts (backend thing)

that's one thing even xbmc suffers from when you load infos for i.e. tv shows. a good example is the show 24, as it has lots of references to actors and their thumbs.

even if you already have all of them stored locally, when you scan the show into library by design it still does lookups at tvdb.org for actor thumbs, so if tvdb. is slow in responding/serving the thumbs, the whole process slows down as well. i wonder if there are plans for xbmc scrapers to check if the actor thumb is already stored locally before it does a remote lookup, as that would really speed up the whole process. something that might need attention in umm too - like, instead of writing urls for actor thumbs into nfo, write the paths to the locally stored actor thumbs into them.
cheers,azido :;):
so just wait for UMM then :/ if it wasn't such a damn great and useful program I'd say it isn't worth the wait Tongue
hi everyone,
i'm new here but have been a fan of MIP for quite a while now!
i just installed win7 x64 and wanted to install MIP and ran into problems, so i found this thread and now see that well, seems like I'm out of luck.
no MIP in win7 x64? or will it work but just be a bit slow?

i assume there is no release date or even a vague timeline for the new UMM?

anyway, before I installed win7 i ran 2.0.1 and updated to 2.1.1 and for soem reason i couldn't figure out how to set up MIP to ONLY download the nfo file for the whole show and how to deactivate the episode guides. or was that removed or something?
i am basically just looking to download the show summary and the series-all & fanart & banner image.
is that somehow possible?

and is it possible to have MPI rename *.tbn to *.jpg?
Hey, I can test UMM...between mixing tracks from my band and playing Assassin's Creed 2. Wink
fekker Wrote:i.e. you could take your media, and copy everything (except the media file itself, replace that with a 0k file with the same name) and we have a test set that matches your media.. get a few of those and we make a nice big test set against each build to sort out the issues.

Under windows you can use the command line tool Robocopy from the windows resource kit to mirror your media library with 0kb files. Brilliant for testing media manager apps without messing up your proper library.

Robocopy "Source" "Destination" *.avi *.mkv /CREATE

and you have a dummy copy
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7