USB-UIRT and sound problem!!!
Hi all,

I recently move to Ubuntu Hardy for my HTPC setup. Install XBMC, work fine, but some problem still bugging me!!

First, I enable to make my USB-UIRT work properly, try several how-to without success. I think the OS didn't recognize my UIRT. The only usb receiver that the
PHP Code:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices 
is my mouse dongle.

So, if I can't know witch input use I can't configure my script correctly!!

Anyone can help me found how-to know witch input the UIRT use and setup this thing properly.

Second, I use a Jetway NC62K mobo whit the DVI to HDMI adapter for output sound and video to my lcd tv. With windows I have sound but now with Ubuntu nothing.

Anyone have a setup like mine and can get sound of this rigg!?!?

Thx all and long life to XBMC!! Wink
Your hdmi question has been addressed many times in these forums. A quick search should get you on your way. A perusal of that board shows that it uses ALC883 audio (MCP78S) which should support audio over hdmi. You'll probably need to upgrade your alsa to 1.019 (see here). It is possible, of course, that you'll need Intrepid - not having that specific board, I can't say - but I don't think it will be necessary to move away from Hardy.

As for your usb-uirt, I can't help there. I use this remote, and it simply works out of the box (although I did assign a couple of scripts to unused keys in Keymap.xml). However, maybe this will help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB-UIRT and sound problem!!!0