• 1(current)
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers
Hi guys,

As some of you are aware, I'm working on the translation part of Aeon.
So I have talked to djh_ and he has been kind enough to allow me to conduct a community effort to get Aeon ready for as many language as possible.

So I'm looking for volunteers. All you have to do is translate an XML file that I will send to you into your language and I will test it to the best of my abilities. I will also send screens of some parts and try to find inconsistencies. Of course my ability to do it will be limited since I probably will have little or no knowledge of your language, but I still can find and fix problems similar to the ones that I had on the Portuguese translation: diacritical signs no showing, wrong letters, upper and lower cases, font size issues, etc...

Just a side note: the volunteers won't be getting direct access to Aeon (sorry, but we are still at closed beta stage).

Also I can't help people with languages that require special fonts. So no: Japanese, Chinese, Thai, etc... Sorry.

So if you agree with those terms leave the language you volunteer yourself to translate.

Update: Status of the Translations

English (US): Base language. Done by djh_ himself

Korean by "kimp83": Finished, now in the beta.
Portuguese (European) by "hudo": Finished, now in the beta.
Portuguese (Brazil) by "Discaciate": Finished, now in the beta.
Italian by "IORIA": Finished, now in the beta.
Dutch by "redje": Finished, now in the beta.
Spanish (Spain) by "dedaluz": Recently Finished, hopefully will be in the next beta. Small font issues still remain.
Norwegian by "The-Boxhead": Around 70% done, small issues remain.
Swedish by "asphinx": Around 70% done. Font issues remain.
Polish by "Halibutt": Work in progress. Font issues remain.
Czech by "ezechiel1917": Work in progress. Font issues remain.

There is also some work done in Chinise Traditional and French, but I'm not to sure on how those are coming along.
As of today 26/03/09 there is still time to do more translations. I think it would be nice to see it in German, English UK, just to name a few.
As per the other thread here's what I have to say...

I actually don't have time right now to help in anyway possible and what I'm going to say is a suggestion that maybe can be used for all other languages, or maybe not, we'll see...

I don't know how the language is done in Aeon or XBMC for that matter, but probably just a text file for each language right? Probably in XML format... If so, maybe we could use this:
http://gist.github.com/

It allow for XML syntax coloring, which is nice. I couldn't find a way to show the differences between revisions, maybe it's not possible, maybe it is. And specily, everyone could help on any language, as far as they know what there doing. But even someone translates something wrongly or badly, someone else can always check a previous revisions or fix it himself.

You could that create an index in the first post with links to all languages in the gist so everyone has easy access to all of them.

One thing I don't know is for how long they will keep those things in their server. Everyone can create and or edit public gists anonymously, but if they are created by someone registered, maybe they are not deleted at all...

I think it would be a nice platform for anyone to help on every language...

We could even leave XML comments above the lines of text we are translating if we have any doubts if that's the correct translation or the better translation...

Anyway, the possibilities are endless...

P.S: And maybe make this thread sticky would be better...
Discaciate, great job!

Anyone who want to translate xml to Chinese and Japanese, please let me know.
I can help on the font issues.
Count me in for the Portuguese (PT_EU) and (PT_BR) translation.

If no one else volunteers, I can also deal with the Spanish and French translation.

Other than that, I can assist on the beer department... Big Grin
I can do french if help needed
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Actually, the correct way is pt_PT and pt_BR Tongue

I don't think there's a need to exist "volunteers", if the system I suggested is used, it simplifies everything. You just go there, translate what you want, and it's done. Smile
Nazgulled Wrote:Actually, the correct way is pt_PT and pt_BR Tongue

I don't think there's a need to exist "volunteers", if the system I suggested is used, it simplifies everything. You just go there, translate what you want, and it's done. Smile

yap, caps got locked by beer...Big Grin
I was talking more about the PT and EU difference than the caps letters. Laugh
I can translate into Swedish (ISO 639-3: SWE).
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
kimp93 Wrote:Anyone who want to translate xml to Chinese and Japanese, please let me know.
I can help on the font issues.

Hi kimp93,

I can do the Traditional Chinese translation. Please see PM for more information.

Thanks.

Cheers,

-Neo

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

Nazgulled Wrote:I was talking more about the PT and EU difference than the caps letters. Laugh

I know! Laugh

I was just messing with you. Big Grin No offense, of course!!

Seriously, I can translate to the above mentioned languages. And Spanish/French if no one else volunteers.

BTW, since mid 2008, pt_PT (also referred to as pt_EU) and pt_BR are, in theory, written the same way. A new ortho-grammatical treaty - the 4th!!! - between Portugal and Brasil (yes, it's correct with 's') was signed to correct the "natural deviation" from what is considered the correct Portuguese.Angry

Shouldn't they be worried about world economics? Go figure...
I can do Slovene translation.
Nazgulled Wrote:I actually don't have time right now to help in anyway possible and what I'm going to say is a suggestion that maybe can be used for all other languages, or maybe not, we'll see...

I don't know how the language is done in Aeon or XBMC for that matter, but probably just a text file for each language right? Probably in XML format... If so, maybe we could use this:
http://gist.github.com/

So does anyone want do it? I was just thinking about sending the files... I'm at work, so the maximum I can do right now is send the file to one person and maybe he can get everything ready on Gits.Github, as Nazgulled suggested.
i could do the german translation, but since i've still two exams to pass until the 30th, it might not be ready by then.

So if nobody else is gonna do it, i'd be happy to help out Smile
I can translate to Spanish (Spain, es_ES) and Catalan (ca).
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers0