• 2(current)
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers
I can do Norwegian !
Nazgulled inspire me to find platform for collaborative translation and found better solution than github.
Let's make not just Aeon translation but every XBMC language file translation easier.
I made a post in language section, please take a look at and comment.
It will be great, If we can work together for all the languages.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47115
I can translate to Italian
neoanderson2002 Wrote:Hi kimp93,

I can do the Traditional Chinese translation. Please see PM for more information.

Thanks.

Cheers,

-Neo

I PMed back to you. If you have any question, write here or PM me.
Discaciate Wrote:Hi guys,

As some of you are aware, I'm working on the translation part of Aeon.
So I have talked to djh_ and he has been kind enough to allow me to conduct a community effort to get Aeon ready for as many language as possible.

So I'm looking for volunteers. All you have to do is translate an XML file that I will send to you into your language and I will test it to the best of my abilities. I will also send screens of some parts and try to find inconsistencies. Of course my ability to do it will be limited since I probably will have little or no knowledge of your language, but I still can find and fix problems similar to the ones that I had on the Portuguese translation: diacritical signs no showing, wrong letters, upper and lower cases, font size issues, etc...

Just a side note: the volunteers won't be getting direct access to Aeon (sorry, but we are still at closed beta stage).

Also I can't help people with languages that require special fonts. So no: Japanese, Chinese, Thai, etc... Sorry.

So if you agree with those terms leave the language you volunteer yourself to translate.

As mentioned in another thread I volunteer for French!

@+,
Sha!
kimp93 Wrote:Nazgulled inspire me to find platform for collaborative translation and found better solution than github.
Let's make not just Aeon translation but every XBMC language file translation easier.
I made a post in language section, please take a look at and comment.
It will be great, If we can work together for all the languages.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47115

Sounds great to me. I will send the .xml files via PM for now, but I'm sure we can work on a better system. I took a quick look at the link you provided about ubuntu translations and it looks like a fantastic way to translate.
Yes indeed, better that gist that's for sure. But let's make it clear they are bit different... Well, I just pointed to github pastebin alike functionality, not everything github provides Tongue
I can translate into Dutch (NL)
I have sent a few PMs.
Just so you guys can start working on those translations till we can find a better way to organize all that work (I like kimp93 idea very much).
Pr.Sinister Wrote:I can do french if help needed

Thanks for your help but Aeon Stark is already translated in French.
you will have the opportunity to commit changes to the translation later
xbmc.fr

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i can help for german translation....
Hi, I'm from spain and i would be happy to help in the spanish translation
redje Wrote:I can translate into Dutch (NL)

Another volunteer for the Dutch translation.

Just my two cents:
I recommend translating with at least two persons: one will make the first translation, the second person will judge it and give feedback/suggestions. This way you will get a high quality translation Wink
dynamix Wrote:Just my two cents:
I recommend translating with at least two persons: one will make the first translation, the second person will judge it and give feedback/suggestions. This way you will get a high quality translation Wink

+1
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
CRC-Error404 Wrote:i can help for german translation....

me too
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers0