• 3(current)
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers
dynamix Wrote:[...]
I recommend translating with at least two persons: one will make the first translation, the second person will judge it and give feedback/suggestions. This way you will get a high quality translation Wink

It's a very good idea, IMHO.

FYI, Portuguese pt_PT translation is ready. If someone wants to review it, please say so... over PM.

Happy coding/translations/beer drinking/chocolate eating/whatever!!
Can do Czech and Serbian
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I noticed you already got somebody for Swedish, but if need be, I volunteer as well.
-->strife242, if it's okay with Discaciate you could always help with checking and re-checking it after I'm done. As suggested by dynamix. Smile
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
Things are working great. People have already sent me 3 languages files and we are just finishing the last tweaks on those files. Looking good!

pecinko Wrote:Can do Czech and Serbian

Thx. But ASFAIK those are languages that need special fonts. So I cant help you on those... Sorry. But there is a beta tester working on the Czech version. I will point him to this topic and if he needs help I'm sure he can contact you.

asphinx Wrote:-->strife242, if it's okay with Discaciate you could always help with checking and re-checking it after I'm done. As suggested by dynamix. Smile
I'm more than fine with it. Wink.
Just please keep those files and "translations talk" to PMs and I'm sure it will work great.
Will do! Smile

I can do Italian Big Grin
One side note: I think that two users per language is fine. More than that would probably do more harm than good.

sincro Wrote:I can do Italian Big Grin

Check the first page.
Contact him and if he needs the help you two can talk via PM.

Thx.
--> Discaciate, I would have to agree with two being enough.

As a small suggestion, maybe edit the first post to list who is doing what language, and where's feedback'ers are needed. So as to avoid too many people volunteering for a language already being translated.

asphinx Wrote:--> Discaciate, I would have to agree with two being enough.

As a small suggestion, maybe edit the first post to list who is doing what language, and where's feedback'ers are needed. So as to avoid too many people volunteering for a language already being translated.

Yup. It's on my "to do list". Will do it shortly.
I was going to volunteer for the Polish translation, but apparently once again Aeon's creator decided to use a cool yet poor font that chokes on any non-standard character. :/ Or is there any other reason all the diacritics in the first Aeon got screwed up?

BTW, it's not a matter of having "special" fonts as someone put it. Unicode has been pretty much a standard for 20 years now, so there's nothing special in fonts that are not limited to standard Latin alphabet with no diacritics. Anyway, feel free to contact me should there be any way to overcome that problem. Or is it something more serious than merely lack of a decent font?
Cheers
Final pt_PT translation is ready.

Greetings fly out to Discaciate for all the help and xbs08 for the final revision and suggestions.

Thanks
Discaciate Wrote:Thx. But ASFAIK those are languages that need special fonts. So I cant help you on those... Sorry. But there is a beta tester working on the Czech version. I will point him to this topic and if he needs help I'm sure he can contact you.

It is all about using unicode font. Nothing special about it AFAIK. You can send me font if you like and I will tell you if it supports Czech/Serbian characters.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:It is all about using unicode font. Nothing special about it AFAIK. You can send me font if you like and I will tel you if it supports Czech/Serbian characters.

Sorry, but at the moment the fonts aren't unicode.
I'm working with some people trying to find unicode equivalents.
Discaciate Wrote:Sorry, but at the moment the fonts aren't unicode.
I'm working with some people trying to find unicode equivalents.

I see that embargo on Stark information includes used fonts tooBig Grin
If it is Frutiger, I have CE version of it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Language Translation - Looking for Volunteers0