Stark on Apple TV?
Will this work?
Yeah, I'm interested in this as well. Maybe, an optimization done for the Xbox will work for us?!
anyone?
is anyone at least testing it on this platform? or should we be suprised when it comes out?
Currently running an atv box. Somehow I doubt that Stark will run on it very well. It chokes horribly on Aeon, so unless something has been done to optimize specifically for ATV, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Still wishing though, those screens are niiiiiiice.....
-aedile-
I don't know if anyone is testing it on ATV, but if the ATV chokes on the old Aeon then Stark will not run on it. I woul think the xbox version being ported should though.
smcnally75 Wrote:I don't know if anyone is testing it on ATV, but if the ATV chokes on the old Aeon then Stark will not run on it. I woul think the xbox version being ported should though.

any news on the xbox port? wil it be ready around the same time as the regular release?
Ya i second this. Could a beta tester try it out on their atv plz?
please tell me aeon will run on the AppleTV. I don't have the money to go buy a mac mini right now.
It would be great if it ran on the appletv but I have no expectations that it will. Look at mediastream. It works, but you can't do the view where the covers spin in. When the xbox port is released I'll be trying it, but seriously doubt that it will run smooth. Having an excuse to build a dedicated HTPC just sucks! Wink
Yeah, I'm hoping there's a modified version which will run on my AppleTV bit I'm not holding my breath for it. I do have a Mac mini which I use in my bedroom for eyeTV/OTA broadcasts and as my media server. I'm thinking of flip-flopping the ATV and mini from bedroom to living room. I'll have to get a new TV for the bedroom though (old CRT in there now).

So has anybody tested Stark on a Mac mini? I have a 1.83MHz version (w/4gb Ram) and am hoping it will run it.
Stark works fine on mini's...

I have a new and old--both work fine.

ATV, probably have to use whatever was attempted for the xbox --and probably wont be able to use the coverflow/3d. Other than that, i'd guess it will work ok.

I don't have an ATV to test...
I can partially confirm that Stark works on the AppleTV. The interface works, things appear as they should, though there are bits that are a bit sluggish, and a few graphics quirks (occasional flashing posters, flashing background in the settings menu), but so far it seems pretty usable. Haven't had a chance to watch a movie with it running yet, but I don't know why that wouldn't work.
I can also confirm that Aeon Stark is not really an option on the ATV. It works, but I've had the same glitches noted by Arr MiHardies. The killer is the performance though: extremely and unusably sluggish.
I have found the performance of aeon stark lite (xbox version) to be working fine, except some visual issues.. so I guess the performance bottleneck is the media (image sizes, etc)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stark on Apple TV?1