• 2(current)
[RELEASE] NBC Universal (NBC, USA, Sci-Fi) video plugin
definitely working great. Thx btw
Please excuse the question, but how do I install this. I have had success installing other plugins ... but I have not found a compiled version of the NBC plugin. Does one exist? Any help sure would be appreciated.

Thanks all...
chrismil Wrote:Please excuse the question, but how do I install this. I have had success installing other plugins ... but I have not found a compiled version of the NBC plugin. Does one exist? Any help sure would be appreciated.

Thanks all...

Well what worked for me on my xbox was the SVN Repo Installer plugin. Make sure you've got the latest version of it installed, easiest way to install it is use the Installer Passion-XBMC script, go to program plugins and the SVN Repo Installer in in there. Don't know if that's the best place to get it from or not but it works for me. Good luck.
whufclee Wrote:Well what worked for me on my xbox was the SVN Repo Installer plugin. Make sure you've got the latest version of it installed, easiest way to install it is use the Installer Passion-XBMC script, go to program plugins and the SVN Repo Installer in in there. Don't know if that's the best place to get it from or not but it works for me. Good luck.

this plugin will always be the most updated on the SVN repo along with any other plugins i make.
Thanks for the response. Right, the SVN installer. I have an Apple TV running XBMC, I can't figure out how to install SVN. Any chance you can provide on link on setup? I am by no means on expert on this stuff, but have got down how to add video plugins, but can't figure the Installer out.

Thanks again for any help you could provide.

Cheers
Ok, got it figured it. Thanks for your help. This is great work!
when I click on a episode of a show, i see three blank boxes. I assume these are for the different quality episodes and If I click the first or second it works. how do I get the text to show up in there?
jarod71: what language are you using? it uses the localization strings for the labels so it can be translated. it sounds like you are using a language that isn't there.
sorry for the false alarm. I reinstalled the skin again and now all is well... great skin by the way... enjoying the original battlestar galactaca as I type this...
jarod71 Wrote:sorry for the false alarm. I reinstalled the skin again and now all is well... great skin by the way... enjoying the original battlestar galactaca as I type this...

skin? do you mean plugin? i am confused by what is the solution to the problem you were having and what caused it.
BlueCop Wrote:skin? do you mean plugin? i am confused by what is the solution to the problem you were having and what caused it.

Sorry, yes I mean plugin. I reinstalled the plugin from the svn repo installer and this time it worked as intended. Not sure if the original download was corrupt or what. I was ftp'ing a ton of emulator games ot my xbox at the time as well so who knows? It is working fine now..
Your plugin is just amazing and it is still working outside US! :-)

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

I'd just like to say that I've been using this for about two weeks now and other than the problems I had the first night (which indeed was a result of my network as suggested and nothing to do with the plugin) it's been *excellent*. This is the first video plugin that actually works *100%* for me on the Xbox. I can actually sit down, select a show, and *watch* it without getting some "python script error" bologna that other video plugins give.

As someone who got into this with an Xbox after seeing xbmc discussed on FLOSS weekly with Randal Schwartz and Leo Laporte, I was underwhelmed once I started using all of the various video and audio plugins. 1 in 5 shows would work on "the other ones." THIS plugin has been a treat and has made me NOT regret getting involved with this.

A+ You've made my Xbox much more than just a device to stream content from my computer.

THANK YOU
atrac Wrote:I'd just like to say that I've been using this for about two weeks now and other than the problems I had the first night (which indeed was a result of my network as suggested and nothing to do with the plugin) it's been *excellent*. This is the first video plugin that actually works *100%* for me on the Xbox. I can actually sit down, select a show, and *watch* it without getting some "python script error" bologna that other video plugins give.

As someone who got into this with an Xbox after seeing xbmc discussed on FLOSS weekly with Randal Schwartz and Leo Laporte, I was underwhelmed once I started using all of the various video and audio plugins. 1 in 5 shows would work on "the other ones." THIS plugin has been a treat and has made me NOT regret getting involved with this.

A+ You've made my Xbox much more than just a device to stream content from my computer.

THANK YOU

Please use http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/issues/list to discuss any issues with other plugins. We can't fix them if no one reports them Wink.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
atrac: i think you should try more plugins. there are so many great plugins which provide a great variety of excellent content.

you have to respect the base which all this uses. nothing is possible without the extremely flexible badass media center. this plugin it nothing compared the amount of work required for us to get to where we are now. so many people working on so many various open source projects deserve thanks. this plugin is nothing. just a few kb of python code.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NBC Universal (NBC, USA, Sci-Fi) video plugin2