• 5(current)
[RELEASE] NBC Universal (NBC, USA, Sci-Fi) video plugin
Feature request: Subtitles as an optional setting on the plugin settings?
i don't think it is currently possible to assign a subtitle file in python. i would love to add support for this since NBC does have xml subtitles i could easily convert to srt.

i submitted a feature request about 4 monthes back to assign a subtitle file for streaming media.
http://xbmc.org/ticket/5569

at the time i had hulu in mind and wrote some code to convert their sami subtitles to srt and store it locally to assign for the stream. anyway hulu is gone but the feature request is still there and hopefully a dev will help us out.

as something temporary i guess i could download and convert the subtitles and then let you manually set the subtitles using the OSD. i will look into this
I just finished watching last weeks "The Celebrity Apprentice" and decided to run the XBMC Update Checker. I noticed that there was a v1.2 so decided to update it. I went back in and can't seem to find Celebrity Apprentice any more. It should now be found under NBC.

Should I go back to v.01 that I was using for now (with the mod to allow Sci-Fi to load)? I know BlueCop you said there are some issues on the way NBC lists things so I don't mind going back to the older version as everything was working ok under it (and I'm totally addicted to Celebrity Apprentice).

I don't mean to criticize, just curious and don't want to lose anything. Smile
atrac: thanks. i didn't even notice it was missing.

we have a few bugs we need to work out in the new rewrite of the plug in. I think it is a problem with the regex that is missing several shows(another is charles in charge). i am bad at regular expressions but from just glancing at the code it seems that it isn't matching the dashes in the url. i will see if i can fix it but might need help from jonm42 because he is good with them.
atrac Wrote:I just finished watching last weeks "The Celebrity Apprentice" and decided to run the XBMC Update Checker. I noticed that there was a v1.2 so decided to update it. I went back in and can't seem to find Celebrity Apprentice any more. It should now be found under NBC.

Should I go back to v.01 that I was using for now (with the mod to allow Sci-Fi to load)? I know BlueCop you said there are some issues on the way NBC lists things so I don't mind going back to the older version as everything was working ok under it (and I'm totally addicted to Celebrity Apprentice).

I don't mean to criticize, just curious and don't want to lose anything. Smile

Aware of this one -- it has to do with how NBC lists full episodes; work is in progress, but I want to make sure that nothing else drops out. Regular expressions only work when content is regular Sad.
Well I figured out why Celebrity Apprentice dropped off the list and believe I have a general fix for that. What I can't figure out is how Charles in Charge ever worked -- can someone with the 0.1 version do a fresh log and walk straight to there and then pastebin the results? At the moment, every link I can find for CiC takes me to the flash player, which doesn't give us a URL to try to grab. Thanks.
BlueCop Wrote:i don't think it is currently possible to assign a subtitle file in python. i would love to add support for this since NBC does have xml subtitles i could easily convert to srt.

i submitted a feature request about 4 monthes back to assign a subtitle file for streaming media.
http://xbmc.org/ticket/5569

at the time i had hulu in mind and wrote some code to convert their sami subtitles to srt and store it locally to assign for the stream. anyway hulu is gone but the feature request is still there and hopefully a dev will help us out.

as something temporary i guess i could download and convert the subtitles and then let you manually set the subtitles using the OSD. i will look into this

In the API for babylon, there is a setSubtitles(...) method, but I didn't tried it recently and I am not sure it is supported yet.
Here is the description:
http://passion-xbmc.org/gros_fichiers/XB.../xbmc.html

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Hi bit of a noob here - running 8.10 Atlantis - installed plugin all shows list fine but when i choose an episode (any show) it gives me the quality option then just goes back to episode list without anything happening - I am outside the USA would this cause this
Atlantis does not have the rtmp lib. you need a newer build.
Hi Bluecop - thanks so much for that - will being outside of Us still be a prob? Also which builds contain rtmp lib?
BlueCop:

You can add the following to check revision information ( ripped from YouTube plugin ) and prompt a message ..

Code:
# plugin constants
__plugin__ = "YouTube"
__author__ = "nuka1195"
__url__ = "http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/"
__svn_url__ = "http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/plugins/video/YouTube"
__version__ = "1.6.4a"
__XBMC_Revision__ = "19457"

def _check_compatible():
    try:
        # spam plugin statistics to log
        xbmc.log( "[PLUGIN] '%s: version %s' initialized!" % ( __plugin__, __version__, ), xbmc.LOGNOTICE )
        # get xbmc revision
        xbmc_version = xbmc.getInfoLabel( "System.BuildVersion" )
        xbmc_rev = 0
        xbmc_rev = int( xbmc_version.split( " " )[ 1 ].replace( "r", "" ) )
        # compatible?
        ok = xbmc_rev >= int( __XBMC_Revision__ )
    except:
        # error, so make incompatible
        ok = True
    # spam revision info
    xbmc.log( "     ** Required XBMC Revision: r%s **" % ( __XBMC_Revision__, ), xbmc.LOGNOTICE )
    xbmc.log( "     ** Found XBMC Revision: r%d [%s] **" % ( xbmc_rev, ( "Not Compatible", "Compatible", )[ ok ], ), xbmc.LOGNOTICE )
    # if not compatible, inform user
    if ( not ok ):
        import xbmcgui
        xbmcgui.Dialog().ok( "%s - %s: %s" % ( __plugin__, xbmc.getLocalizedString( 30700 ), __version__, ), xbmc.getLocalizedString( 30701 ) % ( __plugin__, ), xbmc.getLocalizedString( 30702 ) % ( __XBMC_Revision__, ), xbmc.getLocalizedString( 30703 ) )
    #return result
    return ok
CrashX: thanks for the suggestion. i definitely need to something like this but i am not sure what svn versions work right now. the most recent svn versions i tried don't work with the streams. i submitted a trac report about it. so it would be a range of versions and i am not sure what that is right now.
Bluecop, just thought I'd let you know I tried out the new xbmc_Rev19629 and Universal NBC seems to be working fine now. Don't know what they have changed for it to work but there seems to be no change on your ticket on trac. Only problem I've encountered with the new build is some of the plugins aren't displaying the correct text (eg FastpassTV will show a list of "FastPassTV", "Fastpasstv" & "TV Shows" instead of "Cartoons", "Movies", "TV Shows"). I'm in the UK and Universal is still working like a charm, thanks for this plugin.
what platform are you on?

i just tried Rev 19632 on windows and it doesn't work.
Thats a bit odd, I'll try that one too and see if it still works - I'm using xbox though (PM3.HD). I'll let you know my results but am away for the weekend, so may not be until Sunday now.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NBC Universal (NBC, USA, Sci-Fi) video plugin2