How can I create a movies' library?
Hi there!

I'm newer in XBMC and I'm trying to set up a Media Center in my PC. So I installed XBMC 8.10 and copied after that this awesome skin (AEON) but I don't know how put cover images in my movies. I configurated the app to show a beautiful background preparing an imagen with the same movies' name and with "-fanart.bmp" but I can't show the cover (or synopsis)

I've read something about is needed to be in library view, but when I try XBMC tells me that there is no library and force me to come back to file view Sad

How can i get covers? Is it possible to do it automatically? And IMDB's plot and marks?

Thanks from Spain and sorry about my English Wink
xbmc.org/wiki

read, learn Smile
And Stickies in the How-to section
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47071
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
ideal aeon stark set up

moviename.mkv
moviename.nfo
moviename.tbn - poster
moviename-fanart.jpg
moviename.mkv-big.png - big poster, hopefully xbmc will have better support for this in the future.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
onesojourner Wrote:ideal aeon stark set up

moviename.mkv
moviename.nfo
moviename.tbn - poster
moviename-fanart.jpg
moviename.mkv-big.png - big poster, hopefully xbmc will have better support for this in the future.

instead of "moviename.mkv-big.png" they should someday support "moviename-poster.png/jpg"

Wink
Or instead of having to support both just call it .tbn too? (moviename.mkv-big.tbn)

I think that's the reason why the moviename.tbn is named as such? (so that there's no need to worry about which extension is used)
Why do we have to have a -big poster too? All my regular poster tbn's are already high res at around 1000x1500. I don't see the point in duplicating them. I already feel like I have way too many supplemental files with every movie.
xbmc caches a downsampled copy of your regular "hi res" image the full res is never used, unless you set the cache higher which should cripple your experience. So unless windows like that large movie info can use the original, a separate source is needed.

thats my understanding!
theDeviL Wrote:xbmc caches a downsampled copy of your regular "hi res" image the full res is never used, unless you set the cache higher which should cripple your experience. So unless windows like that large movie info can use the original, a separate source is needed.

thats my understanding!

If Stark is going to go out and look for a non-cached -big file, why can't it just look for the regular non-cached .tbn poster? It just makes no sense to have two of the same posters.
LaTropa64 Wrote:If Stark is going to go out and look for a non-cached -big file, why can't it just look for the regular non-cached .tbn poster? It just makes no sense to have two of the same posters.

thats exactly what i was gonna right

also .. so xbmc caches a lower res poster from the tbn .. is this the setting in the imdb.com scrapper that you set (ie like i have mine set to 1024 i believe)
guys this forum section is related to Aeon functions and features, i believe you guys are questioning XBMC functionality at this point.
Thanks to everyone.

I'll try it this week and I'll post my experiences here!
Hi there!

I couldn't add any film yet Sad

I've read this (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents...g_Contents) but I can't see any option like "Set Contents" as tutorial said.

If I press right click over the movie (in file's view) i see "Manually add to library". There appears a new window with a keyboard inside and the name's file written it. I pressed "Done" but anything happens.

Now I've got 5 files created with MediaInfoPlus 2.0.0.28

In bruges (2008).avi
In bruges (2008)-fanart.jpg
In bruges (2008).jpg
In bruges (2008).nfo
In bruges (2008).tbn

What's my problem? I can see the movie with file's view but no images, and no sinopsis. Actually only the fanart is showed when I select the movie.

Thanks in advance!
Devil Akuma Wrote:Hi there!

I couldn't add any film yet Sad

I've read this (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents...g_Contents) but I can't see any option like "Set Contents" as tutorial said.

If I press right click over the movie (in file's view) i see "Manually add to library". There appears a new window with a keyboard inside and the name's file written it. I pressed "Done" but anything happens.

Now I've got 5 files created with MediaInfoPlus 2.0.0.28

In bruges (2008).avi
In bruges (2008)-fanart.jpg
In bruges (2008).jpg
In bruges (2008).nfo
In bruges (2008).tbn

What's my problem? I can see the movie with file's view but no images, and no sinopsis. Actually only the fanart is showed when I select the movie.

Thanks in advance!

Did you right click on the root of your source? Be it TV or Videos, whatever you named the folder you are using to view your data. If so you should see an option that says Set Content, from there it is as simple as the wiki says.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I create a movies' library?0