Using Other Remotes with ATV/XBMC
I expect this is covered somewhere but I've had a good look and can't find it...

Will other (non universal) remotes, learnt by ATV, work in XBMC?

I've used the ATV remote function to learn my EyeTV Remote and it works fine in ATV and adds some extra functionality. But it doesnt work in XBMC or Boxee. Is this because other remotes don't work in XBMC, or do I need to set it up in keymap as well?
switch to Launcher 0.9 and see if that helps.
thanks Davilla, that did the trick Smile

So far so good. Now have a remote that can send the 6 basic commands plus the additional 9 playback commands. The keybindings for the six basic commands are well known and posted in another thread. These are already working with my existing keymap (taken from that thread).

What I'd like to do next is map the other 9 to XBMC. I have mapped these commands to my EyeTV remote and the ATV blinks and XBMC makes a beeping sound when I press those buttons, but they don't have any other effect. I presume to get them working I need to modify the keymap? For example, to map the "skip ahead' command to bigstepforward would require me to modify the universal commands within the AppleRemote joystick on the keymap, something like this:

<!-- UNIVERSAL COMMANDS -->
<!-- Skip Ahead --> <button id="??">BigStepForward</button>

Of course the problem is I dont know the button id for the skip ahead command.

Any ideas?

Am I on the right track?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Other Remotes with ATV/XBMC0