Stark and fonts
In this thread it turned out that the Stark will be using non-Unicode fonts, pretty much like the beta version. Which means that the skin won't work for all of us using languages with non-standard Latin alphabets (all Central Europe, for instance).

BTW, I think there must be some more serious problem than just the font. Previous versions of Aeon used the Humanist 521 font, which (at least in my version) has support for all Central European languages. Why doesn't it work for Aeon then?

So my questions are:
  1. what fonts is Stark using?
  2. any chance to change them to some Unicode fonts before the release?
  3. if the basic font used is still Humanist, why not change it to, say, Arial, which is pretty much the same?

Cheers
I don't know where you get the impression that Aeon is not using uni-code fonts.
People are actively working on many different languages. I would say just wait til it come out.
Err, the guy to coordinate the translation project specifically said so. That's why I'm asking before it comes out. Hmm, or did I get his comment wrong?
Cheers
OK, let me explain little more.
First please take a look at my suggestion post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45918

Over there, I explained arialuni.ttf is not a option to use.
I suggested to make a use of system fonts which will definitely improve the usability of skins for international people. However, now I think overriding font.xml is not a good option to use especially for Aeon. Since skin designers want to make their skin look best, they don't want to compromise the design over fonts. We can't really complain about it. It is their choice.

What is going on over Aeon beta-testers is that they are making specific font-sets for several language groups to make Aeon look great at each language. If you don't see a volunteer for your language, why don't you do it. Either I or Discaciate can help to figure out the font issues if it exist for your language.
kimp93 Wrote:OK, let me explain little more.
First please take a look at my suggestion post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45918

Over there, I explained arialuni.ttf is not a option to use.
I suggested to make a use of system fonts which will definitely improve the usability of skins for international people. However, now I think overriding font.xml is not a good option to use especially for Aeon. Since skin designers want to make their skin look best, they don't want to compromise the design over fonts. We can't really complain about it. It is their choice.

What is going on over Aeon beta-testers is that they are making specific font-sets for several language groups to make Aeon look great at each language. If you don't see a volunteer for your language, why don't you do it. Either I or Discaciate can help to figure out the font issues if it exist for your language.
Yup, I'm ready to do the job, just tell me what to do. It should be pretty easy as my native language (Polish) uses non-standard Latin script (only 9 diacrytes, the rest is standard Latin). This means that if a font looks good in English or German, it will look just as good in Polish - the only differences are acute accents and ogonek.
Cheers
That's great. Please, check your PM.
Hello ! I'd like to ask you how can I help to solve with displaying of some character of my language (Slovak). I have enabled font type with diacritics. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stark and fonts0