[XBOX] HOW-TO make a xbox (female connector) -> USB cable
Star 
So there I was reading all these nice guides on how to connect your old xbox remote to your computer but it usually involved breaking the receiver. That I didn't feel like so I thought there has to be some fabricated cables for xbox->usb to use, sure but only for the cut away part of the xbox cable so that didn't help here when I needed the female connector.

So then I started looking for things I could make my own connection from and came across this old computer cable.
And luckily it's a perfect fit, it's just a bit wide Wink

Sadly I didn't take any pictures during the making but it's very easy so I'll just show some after pics and I think it should be easy enough to follow.

So here is the leftover piece after I cut off enough for the connector, I cut off so I had 6 whole contacts left, one more then needed, that was just to get some margin of error and to have a little of extra plastic on that side. But don't forget to remove the extra contacts before you put the cables in place.

As seen here you don't even have to solder if you don't feel like, I soldered the ground to all the contacts on the upper part but you could probably also just put it in place and melt plastic all over it if you like.
The order of the contacts are as seen on the pic RED, WHITE, GREEN, EMPTY, BLACK.

So and the final touch is to make it fit, first just file it down so it has the correct width and then round off the corners on the upper part of it.
Thats it, now you hopefully have a working cable. You might want to smooth the whole thing out a bit but this was the quick and dirty version. Big Grin
I have never seen that before.
It doesn't make any sense to post a guide for this without a word on where one can buy the required parts, let alone any references at all on what to even search for!
Sorry, it wasn't intended to be for something you go out and buy and build but more if you have one lying around at home and needed a quick solution.

But if you want to get one... the cable used is an old Centronics printer cable. They can probably be found very cheap where they sold old junk. Wink
What about this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-5m-X-Box-to-USB-...439cf6fef6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] HOW-TO make a xbox (female connector) -> USB cable0