Geforce 8400GS PCI in th UK?
I really want to take advantage of VDPAU but my PC only takes PCI. I have found Sparkle PNY 8400GS in PCI flavour in the states. Has anyone found a supplier in the UK?

Been searching for 2 days now Sad
Hmmm I can only find a 5200...

http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/rlstore/Prod...ds_64.html

PCI? geeeessssss..... I binned a pile of AGP mainboards as I thought no one would want them!

Is it an AGP on-board mainboard? you could probably get an AGP board of ebay for next to nothing... that would open up you GFX card market a little but even they are hard to find new.....
it has got agp but i dont think there are any agp 8 series nvidia unless someone knows otherwise?
An AGP 7900GT card will still have more grunt than a PCI 8400GS! Its a dedicated GFX port for starters.... the 8400GS is pretty pants.
the 8000 series (or newer) are the only ones with vdpau support, while the 7900gt may be better for games, it's not going to do anything for linux hardware acceleration of HD content using vdpau.

UPDATE: links removed since the site was charging insane shipping costs

(i don't know anything about the seller, just googling for the uk and the part numbers.
thanks fekker! Spent forever looking! Appreciate it! can the 8500gt support vc-1?
hmmm. Those two cards you mention require $150 shipping cost from the states for some obsurd reason. There must be some place in the UK that stocks it locally for me
Didnt realise VDPAU was resricted to 8000 series and above..... Personally I think its money spent better on a new board....

http://www.dvhardware.net/article30583.html

This EVGA board has built in HDMI and nVidia 9300 GPU and will cost alot less than sourcing a high end PCI card.... even if you added a £35 CPU and £8 for a gig of RAM it would trouser your PCI setup performance wise...
No AGP cards support VDPAU anyway. If you want VDPAU and don't have PCIe, you're limited to PCI cards.

I have the Sparkle 8400GS PCI and it is incredible. How much does it cost to ship something from the US to the UK? Someone in the US could surely order one and then send it off to you if you could work something out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geforce 8400GS PCI in th UK?0