Installed XBMC Live ... got a lot of questions ;)
Hell yeah, I did it! I've been trying so many different Linux distros on so many different computers of the years and literally none really worked. Now, XBMC Live seems to work (almost) out of the box. Good stuff, guys Smile

Now, of course, I have a lot of questions because I've never really gotten into Linux for above stated reasons:
  • Audio over HDMI. Doesn't work. I'm on a ASUS M2N VM-HDMI Board. How can I get this to work?
  • How has the Harddisk been formated? I've put in a brand new 250 GB SATA disk. Has all the space been taken up by the XBMC partition? Would it work if I partition the disc beforehand in the Windows XP setup and leave a ~10 GB Partition for XBMC?
  • Can I add/change themes? Or, basicly, can I access the harddisks from my XP laptop at all? Network does work out of the box ...
  • The resolution is set to 1920x1080 (Full screen). I guess that's because my 720p Toshiba accepts 1080p inputs. Any way to change this? I can change the setting to 720p, but it won't display as full screen.
  • Remote control: Should I buy a special one that works out of the box? I have been using a cheap Toshiba RF MCE Remote with XBMC on Windows which worked by using Event Ghost.

That's all so far but I guess it's enough for one post Wink

Thanks in advance!
Hi Player !

Nice that you got the live distro working !

i bellive there is some HDMI audio threads in here. read them first.

The installer re partitions the whole drive i bellive.

You can access your xbmx directory trough filezilla FTPd

Resolution problems usually has to do with xorg.conf. Search these forums.

Remote controll search forums.

Also remember that alott of generic linux problems can be solved just by searching ubuntu forums etc. It's ubuntu you know.

I hope you do some digging and then come back if you still dont find what youre looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installed XBMC Live ... got a lot of questions ;)0